Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Empty
PostSubject: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:18 pm

Since this is the first contest, i think the theme here should be a shot of your car in action.
In other words, a shot of the car in motion.

Have fun, and i cant wait to see eveyones enteries!

Prize:
Customized Title
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:13 pm

Great, have fun holding the camera and the remote.

I know, get a friend to take the picture.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:22 pm

Or use a tripod and the timer function Wink
But that almost never works out LOL!
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:46 pm

Micro-T Master wrote:
Or use a tripod and the timer function Wink
But that almost never works out LOL!

I was thinking of mentioning that but I figured nobody here would get te timing right.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:16 pm

Only if you stand by the camera and watch the time go down, and even then it doesn't always work out LOL!
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:40 pm

I've been using and working with cameras since I was 4.

You have to be really good to get the shot. Or shoot at the widest angle and at the highest resolution then edit it down to size.

But then the image could really be bad.

Now if you had the ability to hook the camera to some motion sensors that would really be something.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:04 am

That would be cool, but one step futher is a reciver in the camera, and a switch on your radio!
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:44 am

Hey bilbo, do they make longer distance remotes for cameras? I was thinkig of getting a couple of cheap cameras and mounting them above our track to get shots no one else could...well not without being killed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:19 am

I think they do but I was thinking motion detectors or maybe sound detectors like they use to take photos of bullets going through objects.

There were some cheap p/s cameras that had builtin remotes that had a range of maybe 15 feet. scratch Maybe a 2.4 radio system (FAAST or Spektrum) and rig a receiver, servo and battery to the camera so that the servo pushes the shutter release when the remote is pressed. If you use a 75 or 27mhz radio you could have them on the same frequency and fire a few cameras at the same time. You would have to have set up the cameras carefully before the race and use very large memory cards. Cameras that use Compact Flash (CF) cards can use micro drives of around 8GB. The largest Secure Digital (SD or MMC) type card I think is 2GB.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:49 am

NOpe, now adays, they make up to 8GB micro SD's let alone the normal ones (i think 8GB is the most for the noramls as well)
Its amazing how far along this Flash technoledgy has gone.
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:03 am

Micro-T Master wrote:
NOpe, now adays, they make up to 8GB micro SD's let alone the normal ones (i think 8GB is the most for the noramls as well)
Its amazing how far along this Flash technoledgy has gone.

I knew a few years ago there were going to make SD cards larger then 2gb but the standard wasn't set and several cameras couldn't use them. I haven't seen any bigger then 2 in the places I go, but I didn't really look very hard either.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:06 am

Which cards do you use?
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:38 am

I use a lot of different ones. I have had good experiences with Kingston, SanDisk and Lexar. I have one camera that ises a CF card (My Nikon CoolPix 5700) and a cheap p/s that uses SD cards (Samsung A7). My wife has 2 Fujis (FinePix F700 and F10) that use XD memory cards, only Olympus and Fuji use that card because they joined up to design it.

Now I do have a Sony Memory Stick Duo Pro card that I use in a Sony CF Adapter in my CoolPix 5700. Sony came out with it when they bought Konica Minolta, whch they bought for Minolta's technology for the Maxuum DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) cameras. Sony renamed it the Alpha and kept the CF card slot for the people who already owned Minolta's and wanted to upgrade. This was the only thing Sony did well in about 4 years but to get the camera to use Sony's Memory Stick cards they made an adapter card. I aquired one and it does work in other CF cameras.

Don't ask me about which camera is best, in my job I see cameras when they are broken. Sad The only thing I'll say is if you are a clumsy oaf buy the camera from one of the Ritz Camera stores (Kit, Wolf, Camera Shop Inc., Etc.) and buy their Extended warranty. It's called an ESP and it covers not only manufacturer defects like other extended warranties but also Misuse. You can buy the camera with a ESP and spike it on the highway have it hit by a semi and thrown across the road and land in a pond. Then pick up the pieces and take it back to Ritz and as long as they can read the serial number they will send it out for repair/replacement.

With the risks Sidewainder takes with his camera he should have bought his camera from Rits with the ESP.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:42 am

OK, you know just a bit about camera LOL!
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:47 am

Micro-T Master wrote:
OK, you know just a bit about camera LOL!

I was handed a camera when I was 4 by my grandfather and have taken loads of pictures since. I took several photo classes in school but after getting a job in a camera repair shot I don't take as many pictures anymore. My thinking is that I just don't want to pick up any of my cameras after handling broken ones all day long.
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:10 am

im going to enter later im busy now
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:18 pm

BilboBaggins wrote:
With the risks Sidewinder takes with his camera he should have bought his camera from Rits with the ESP.

I got the accidental damage coverage from BestBuy...normally I don't bother with big stor extended warranties but BestBuy is pretty good about honoring theirs. I had a friend who bought a big screen TV from them and had a Superbowl party. A fight broke out (damned drunken Seahawks fans), anyway, a bottle of beer ended up landing on top of the set, pouring in it and making a big white puff of smoke. BestBuy replaced the set within a week. It voided any future claims on the warranty...but that was a small price to pay. Besides...when I do get mowed down buy something, I think the camera will be near the end of my concern list. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:50 pm

i like my camera i got
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:02 pm

Micro-T, so I can use a pic that somone else took, as long as it is my car in action?

Last edited by evil3 on Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:05 pm

Yes, so long as its a action pic of your car its fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!   August: Car Of The Month Contest!!! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

August: Car Of The Month Contest!!!
Page 1 of 1