Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OK, I'm going to brag now!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

OK, I'm going to brag now! Empty
PostSubject: OK, I'm going to brag now!   OK, I'm going to brag now! Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:15 am

I've had lots of my writings published; I've been surviving by selling filler articles and small factoids to magazines and news publications. I have a bunch of short stories published in godawful literary and poetry web-zines and print compilations. I haven't bragged about any of them because the stuff I've been doing is the literary equivalent of a fine artist drawing greeting cards... it might be a way to survive but its not something you brag about.

OK, that said, I recently got my copy of Street Thunder, the magazine of the National Street Machine Club (I'm a life time member) and got a huge surprise. On page 6 my painting, Midnight in America (below) was one of two featured pictures, along with a short letter that I wrote.

This is a non-paying, zero resume enhancing thing. It's something only a handful of people will see. It's way smaller than I would have liked (I was hoping for the cover Laughing ) ...in short it's not a big deal. And I am so stoked! I've had artwork in publication before but not in a car magazine... I always looked up to the automotive artist who do such cool stuff, and now, if only for one brief moment, I join their ranks.
I'm bragging and its silly I know, but I don't care. I never thought I was good enough to get my art in a car mag...sooooo cool!

The word SAMPLE is across it for stupid copyright reasons...sorry.
OK, I'm going to brag now! MIDNIGHTSAMPLE
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: OK, I'm going to brag now!   OK, I'm going to brag now! Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:49 am

that's sik dude i like it alot way cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

Male Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: OK, I'm going to brag now!   OK, I'm going to brag now! Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:34 pm

Thats AWSOME bro!!! Congrats!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: OK, I'm going to brag now!   OK, I'm going to brag now! Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:44 pm

thats amazing work!!!
I doubt i'll ever be able to do stuff like that!
great job and congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: OK, I'm going to brag now!   OK, I'm going to brag now! Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:55 am

Thanks guys. I guess I had a bit of an advantage, my mother was an art teacher... My earliest memory is laying on the living room floor drawing and our Collie laying on down my back and eating my crayons. My parents claim they weren't sitting there laughing, but I remember differently.

If you like stuff like this check out Corel Painter... it's amazing, and after you get the hang of it you can do some pretty wicked cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

Male Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: OK, I'm going to brag now!   OK, I'm going to brag now! Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:55 pm

Wow thats amazing dude, congrats! I love the shadowing on the diner, it really sets the car apart and dosent look like a picture pasted over another picture(or paintings in this case)

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK, I'm going to brag now!   OK, I'm going to brag now! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

OK, I'm going to brag now!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rc Addicts :: Site Chat-
Jump to: