Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HPI SAVAGE X SS

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

HPI SAVAGE X SS Empty
PostSubject: HPI SAVAGE X SS   HPI SAVAGE X SS Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:32 pm

HPI SAVAGE X SS Calendar_dl

Product Info: Big Block 1/8 Monster Truck Kit

Model/Part Name: HPI SAVAGE X SS
Product #: 861
Company: HPI
Price: $369.99 from tower
Tools Needed:
Radio Gear a 2-3 channel radio
1 hight torque servo (160 +oz recomneded )
1 standard servo
Screwdrivers, multiple sizes
4 way wrench
Loctight
CA glue

Ratings:
(1-5, with 1 being poor, 5 being great)

Quality: 5
Assembly Ease: 4
Performance: 5
Price: 5

I got this in july of '07 built it 4 days, it went together pretty easy, nothing too hard or crazy. The instructions were pretty clear and got the idea accros i would've like some color and step by steps but they were pretty clear, mostly exploded views with some notes. Breakin' involed an half hour of pullstarting till i got it running it idled like a champ, but didn't like getting gas. As a note those symtoms are from HPI setting their motors crazy rich if you lean the HSN, 1/2 a turn you won't hurt the engine any and it'll run much better. I broke it in on traxxas top feul 20%, and ran another quart through it. I got somewhat okay preformace from it, but for $11 a quart affraid it was a a bit pricy i swiched to duratrax red alert and i liked that stuff, decent feul great price. By now i was running OS #8 plugs. Well as for driving this, i had it set up with 70wt. shock oil for a while which is way too thick but i didn't know that at the time, but it handled okay was a little prone to rolling but it was super stiff and could handle any jump but, sometimes it was too stiff and i busted 3 shock shafts. I'm now running 30wt and LOVE IT, way better than 70. The new oil really helps the handleing, as does the 7k diff oil i put in the diffs front and rear, it accerates much harder now and cornners better. In the air if you let off before the lip of the jump it flys great nice and level easy to control. I could just be my jumps that send it nose up. and more often than not it didn't come down perfect, but all i can say is just a few dent's / rips in the body, and a few stripped gears, nothing that shouldn't happened under said conditions/abuse....
I've added some integy alumium cluch shose and they make a huge difference in the acceration of this truck. it also wheelies a lot easier and much more frequent. They are way better than the stock and well wroth the $10 i paid for them. Other very usefull upgrades are the orion 1600 reciver pack, duratrax fail safe, HPI reverse module a small not on this i very rarely use it and plan to take it out soon, just beause its a week point.
Over all this is a great truck and i'ld recomnd this to just about anybody

the lug

Last edited by Micro-T Master on Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:25 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : to add stuff)
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

HPI SAVAGE X SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPI SAVAGE X SS   HPI SAVAGE X SS Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:31 pm

Sounds like good ole fun, can't wait to get started on my nitro Wink Do you race it at all or just a basher?
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

HPI SAVAGE X SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPI SAVAGE X SS   HPI SAVAGE X SS Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:24 pm

Sounds sweet!

You got any pics?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

HPI SAVAGE X SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPI SAVAGE X SS   HPI SAVAGE X SS Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:34 pm

i mostly bash but i'll bash at the track too, up here in cowtown we don't got too much for a race program but i'm pretty sure theres a track about an hour north o here that i can race mt, but i like bashing it for now

btw i'm gunna add just a bit more to it....

the lug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HPI SAVAGE X SS Empty
PostSubject: Re: HPI SAVAGE X SS   HPI SAVAGE X SS Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

HPI SAVAGE X SS
Page 1 of 1