Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soon to be a true drifter!

Go down 
+2
musclecar201
sk8r
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:46 am

Right now I too have been workin on a sercret drifter project, you guys will see it when its done.

Those wheels look very sick though, and its not dirty, theres no mud on ti! Wink
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

Male Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:10 pm

I actually just cleaned it about a week or two ago and had it spotless! My cosin (who had origanally owned it) never cleaned it, so i decided to and that thing was nasty!! i took off the rear end and there literally was at least 1/2 to a full centimeter of dirt and grease and grime affraid I cudnt believe it!!!!!!

My future plans are to buy an acura nsx body and paint it black, along with a new reciever, spur gear, pinion gear, and hopefully really soon..... a vxl system!!
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:12 pm

sk8r wrote:
I actually just cleaned it about a week or two ago and had it spotless! My cosin (who had origanally owned it) never cleaned it, so i decided to and that thing was nasty!! i took off the rear end and there literally was at least 1/2 to a full centimeter of dirt and grease and grime affraid I cudnt believe it!!!!!!

My future plans are to buy an acura nsx body and paint it black, along with a new reciever, spur gear, pinion gear, and hopefully really soon..... a vxl system!!

ive heard sidewinder + vxl motor is a better combo

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:08 pm

How much of a difference do you think it will make?
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:20 pm

sk8r wrote:
How much of a difference do you think it will make?

i've head the VXL esc isn't so great and fails often, and the sidewinder/vxl motor setup is cheaper... and u can use castle link...

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:36 pm

My cousin has been using the vxl system for a few weeks now and hasnt had any problems yet. But i may try the sidewinder/vxl setup, im not sure yet.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:31 am

They wouldn't have named it sidewinder if it wasn't the best. cheers :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:26 pm

lmao!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:57 pm

LOL!!!

Looks like your gona have a tough time chooseing your system. (id go sidewinder) manufacture esc's just dont seem to cut it these days...
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:29 pm

i may try but i think im gonna stick with the full vxl system and if i ever have any problems with it, ill just look into buying the sidewinder. But yet again im not sure what im gonna do.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:04 pm

i also think the novak havoc would be a good one to look into to.... but thats just me...

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:37 pm

ive looked into that one also, but im also looking for a system that i can really get some speed out of and a guy at my lhs said he has one(vxl) in his rustler with a 3s 4000mah lipo and its hittin 82mph! and just to let you know this system wont just be for drifting, but for touring and if i ever get another electric truck besides my t4 it may be in there a few runs too.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:17 pm

sk8r wrote:
ive looked into that one also, but im also looking for a system that i can really get some speed out of and a guy at my lhs said he has one(vxl) in his rustler with a 3s 4000mah lipo and its hittin 82mph! and just to let you know this system wont just be for drifting, but for touring and if i ever get another electric truck besides my t4 it may be in there a few runs too.

lol i bet thats a overstatement, a guy at a HS i went to bout an hour south of me, said the jato 2.5 could go over 65, traxxas only rated it at 55 and the new 33 doesn't even hit 65 acording to XRC but its close, and XRC did a rustler build kinda and they only got it up to like 64ish on a 3s LIPO 8000 but i think it was only 25c so i guess maybe a 35c 4k but i don't think so.... 84.... unless it was way over geared with like HPI terra pins...

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:20 pm

He did say that he had some crazy gearing in it but im not sure what his gearing actually was. Ill have to ask him next time im up there a little more about it and if he could bring it in because i would love to see that thing go!
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:52 pm

Im sorry, but i think that for your applications a sensored sytem will deffinatly be best.
You dont notice the difference untill you go from one to the other, then you really appreciate the sensored setup.
Id go havoc out of everything youv'e considered.

Also, as ive learned, speed does nothing except wow you for 15-30 seconds and then costs you money. Its cool and fun, but extremely unpractical to go 65mph in anything.
Most 1/8th buggys only go 35-45mph for a reason... Control. Theres no point in having a steering sytem if youve got so much power that you lift the tires every time to grab a 1/4 of throttle, and when you pull it to the max your drivetrain blows up. Its fun though, dont get me wrong, but its not fun to look at the bill when its all over after the 30 seconds of speed.
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:19 am

^^Very true! but after seeing how much of a difference the vxl system made in my cousins tt-01 for drifting, i fell in love and decided i had to go brushless. But my mom has been talking alot about the vxl system with me and it kinda sounds like she already got it for me for christmas, but if not then ill go with the havoc. BTW im hoping to get a quick vid of it drifting tomorrow sometime because a few guys on r7r want a vid so ill probably go ahead and post it here as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:30 pm

Sweet!! Me want vid!
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:34 pm

Lol i tested it out again today and i need to fix a few minor things before its ready to drift, but a little forwarning-

~~~You may not want to watch this vid because of common sideaffects including: eyes bleeding and/or gouging of the eyes due to lack of experience and really crappy drifting~~~
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:32 pm

LOL! You may want to add to go to your doctor and ask for anti-nausia (sp) befor watching LOL!

JK, JK...

Im sure you wont be as bads as i am when i attempt to drift LOL!

BTW, have you ever thoght of getting a D-Box from HPI?
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:37 am

LOL ya never know lol

Ya ive thought about it but never really looked into it because I mainly am wanting to supe this beast up with a bl system, spektrum dx2.0 with servos, cuz the one ive got sux! and a nice lipo. So pretty much im working on replacing all the electronics before i look into something like that.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:04 pm

I have a JR Radio system that im puttig up in the Pharmacy now, check it out! Smile
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:32 pm

I know its been a while since ive messed with this thing but thats only because i had bought a new body for it and never got the paint.... until sunday!!! i got the body painted and roughly trimmed (still need to use the dremel on the wheel wells. so i snagged a few shots of it (also i finally found a place to put the "i love drifting" sticker!! i need to pick up a few more sushi drifting tires and also will be needing a new esc and possible servo. a far as the visual parts go, i need to buy another steering buckle because the right one cracked a while ago and also want to buy the rear cf shock tower and possibly a couple other things...

Pics-

Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 IMG_1579
Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 IMG_1584
Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 IMG_1586
Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 IMG_1587
Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 IMG_1585
Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 IMG_1590
Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 IMG_1591
Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 IMG_1594

Its pretty crappy but im sumwhat happy with it

let me know what you guys think!

sk8r
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:05 pm

I think you need to learn how to cut a body out. lol

As for the paint, seal the edges down by running your finger nail (credit cards, etc work as well) along every edge of your cut line. Also spray in lighter coats, as that will help keep bleeding down. The first few coats should be very light and almost see through with some clear spots showing throught the paint, as that first few layers help seal the tape lines and helps the paint stick better. Then on the 3rd and 4th layers spray a little heavier (just enough paint to make a "wet" coat, but it shuold still dry somewhat fast. The 4th layer is if you want just a little more paint or if the first 3 didn't quite cover enuogh of the surfface.
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:43 pm

i just used a normal box cutting knife to get roughly see what it wud look like lol and thanks for the tips bro!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Soon to be a true drifter!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2