Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart Empty
PostSubject: I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart   I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:59 am

I knew you'd have to see what the heck this thread was, so as long as you're here:

I was searching for vintage Alfas when I found this site. It's a site dedicated to CycleKarting. They make super light weight (under 250lbs) cars that are basic one wheel drive Karts...street legal. It sounded boring they way I described it but just go look---->CycleKarting
I think I may have to build one of these, maybe a little bigger, I think I would prefer both wheels driven (maybe) and a little bigger size for a more real vintage feel, but I think I'll keep their basic concepts.

If you clicked the link I think you'll get the shopping cart reference. :grin:
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart   I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:27 am

Uhm yea wouldn't want to get into an acciedent with one of those, I thought this thread was gonna be something reallllllllly weird! They deffintely look cool, I'm sure it wouldn't be easy to build one of those as you would have to make a lot of things custom for it.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart   I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:22 pm

It's mostly wood working skills, which I really lack, but I'm allways willing to learn if I end up with a cool toy.

It shouldn't be any more dangerous than a motorcycle, and I've had a ton of those over the years...and I have the scars to prove it. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart   I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:17 pm

Sidewinder, maybe if/when we get the money up to start the hobby shop we should have a weekly race of them in the parking lot.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart   I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:12 am

Good God, you're alive! I was wondering where you were...I was going to email you, well, PM you if you didn't show up soon. Glad to see you back.

I've driven farther for a race Laughing It would be cool, but I wouldn't be competitive due to the whole power/WEIGHT ratio thing...maybe if we opened up the engine rules a bit? How about a 750cc limit, with rack and pinion steering, and maybe open suspension rules...then we could...OH, I think I just killed the cheap fun idea.

I wish I could scrape-up the money right now to move out there and open a hobby shop with you...things around here are getting tight, the grad school money is drying up, the job market is way down, and I just took five years off of any resume building employment to instead build-up huge student loan debts... I wonder if I can get a "bailout?"

I know one thing for sure, if I find a way out of this state, I'd be happy to be back in PA...maybe back in Lancaster or Philly. Or, if I had the money I'd probably get a nice little home outside of Lebanon (maybe right beside the speedway). Maybe Penguin will pick up the option on my book...they haven't for the last two years...but who knows? If they do (and it actually sells), I may just have to make that move.
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart   I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:11 am

CC per pound including driver so overweight people like me have a chance. Laughing

I'm still around, but I only post when I feel the need.

If you come to Philly you could be closer to the tracks in NJ and not far from the PA ones.

I think we all need a bailout.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart   I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:35 pm

Not only NJ but I could head to upstate New York on occasion...maybe once a year to Oswego for the big SuperModified week. I need to drive one of those before I die...who knows, may as I die. affraid I was infeild for the Big weekend at Sandusky Speedway during the SuperMod feature...I don't ever remember trying to figure out a safe place to satnd before that. Those things were so wild that I quickly realized that if things got out of control that there was nowhere in the infield that they couldn't reach very quickly...it was wild.
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart   I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:58 pm

We don't need you becoming a red stain on a wall on a track somewhere. We need you here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart   I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I've fallen in love...with a shopping cart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rc Addicts :: Site Chat-
Jump to: