Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Project Armageddon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Project Armageddon Empty
PostSubject: Project Armageddon   Project Armageddon Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:13 am

Top Secret: For Your Eyes Only.

OCT. 22, 1962:
ATTENTION FELLOW SOVIETS

Greetings comrade,
I bring glorious news from the Supreme Soviet. As I am sure you are well aware the expansionist aggression of the Untied States has become a threat to the safety of our intellectually superior society. The brute force and rapid expansion of the west through it's nuclear program is of concern to all civilized nations. Our humanitarian missile defense program, which has recently brought peace and prosperity to the formerly oppressed land of Cuba, has been slandered in the propagandist press run by the American Imperialist government.
Times are dire, but comrades, do not fear. The Supreme Soviet has brought us wonderful news, we will be expanding our missile production, thereby ensuring the safety of the Eastern Block forever! Our most modern production facilities will, however, need a steady supply line. This is where your engineers will become invaluable to our glorious mission. We will require a vehicle capable of transporting heavy water through the most challenging of road conditions. The vehicle must be able to carry the water, crucial to research, through the 1 to 2 meter deep mud that makes up the majority of our glorious rural highway system in the spring time.
The work has already begun and is progressing nicely, here is photographic evidence of the top secret build.

The dual motored beast will drive three axles and six wheels. the rear pod is well on its way to completeion:

Project Armageddon Projectaramgedon001

Due, no doubt, to American interference the chassis was compromised during the initial mock-up. But fear not, our top engineers are working to correct the espionage. In typical fashion, we have only managed to source 4 of the tires with the same tread, however, our most esteemed leader feels this will make little difference :

Project Armageddon Projectaramgedon002

As is normal this time of year we only had enough material to complete 3/4 of the drive shaft. This will of course be rectified immediately as we have commandeered the Polish leaders fleet of Lada limousines and are melting them as we speak!:

Project Armageddon Projectaramgedon003

The cab will sit wonderfully high in the air assuring the driver visibility to avoid hungry citizens mistaking this for there once a year milk delivery:

Project Armageddon Aramgedon004

Another view of the mocked up vehicle:

Project Armageddon Aramgedon005

We have been assured that the completed truck will not sag like the mock-up, if it does there will be heads rolling in the streets of Moscow!:

Project Armageddon Aramgedon009

The Tank has arrived from Saint Petersburgh and includes extra reinforcing flashing:

Project Armageddon Aramgedon016

The cab and tank sitting in front of the prototype chassis:

Project Armageddon Aramgedon010

Our most able art department has cut and pasted parts of these pictures to give an idea of what the completed truck will look like. The artist responsible for the failed perspective has been relocated to the frozen tundra of Siberia:

Project Armageddon Photoshopped1

End Memo: Burn After Reading.

*if anybody knows what size the nut for the wheels is please let me know. I lost one during the tear down and the hardware store doesn't seem to have anything to fit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Project Armageddon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Armageddon   Project Armageddon Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Cool lol, try radioshack they might have something. What are these ZZMT's? deffintely look cool and looking foward to updates.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Project Armageddon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Armageddon   Project Armageddon Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Yeah, I bought a couple of botched articulation modded zipzaps monster truck off of ebay and salvaged the axles. I have a few ideas I may try, that might not turn out to good, but thats the nice thing about plastic...if you screw it up, its cheap, and you can smash the bad part for making you angry. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Project Armageddon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Armageddon   Project Armageddon Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:28 pm

LOL, this is a cool build, i want to see it painted!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Project Armageddon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Armageddon   Project Armageddon Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:21 am

Thanks, I think this may take a while to finish...and may get expensive, I have more parts coming from China. pale So what color should this be? Traditional Army Green, or Stealth Flat Black? Maybe Winter Camouflage?

Thanks to the quick thinking of SGT Frizzen and his idea for the new drop frame, it made it possible to add a dropped battery box and to make use of a 4.8V Losi Micro T battery... Sgt Frizzen has been officially promoted to 2nd Lieutenant. The true genius of this contribution though, is that because of ability to use the Losi battery, this section of the vehicle--in true Soviet fashion--may already outweigh any other bit ever created!

Project Armageddon Rearsection001-RESIZED-1

Project Armageddon Rearsection002-RESIZED

Project Armageddon Rearsection003-RESIZED

Project Armageddon Rearsection004-RESIZED

Project Armageddon Rearsection005-RESIZED

Project Armageddon Rearsection006-RESIZED
Back to top Go down
joeyblaze
RC Addict Staff
joeyblaze

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Project Armageddon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Armageddon   Project Armageddon Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2009 3:06 pm

very cool we need a video
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Project Armageddon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Armageddon   Project Armageddon Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2009 5:37 pm

It's on hold right now, I need to rethink some little details on the chassis. But there should be more soon, then I'll see if I can borrow a video camera since mine is dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Project Armageddon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Armageddon   Project Armageddon Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Project Armageddon
Page 1 of 1