Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lugs Snow - Vader

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Lugs Snow - Vader Empty
PostSubject: Lugs Snow - Vader   Lugs Snow - Vader Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:49 pm

PART 1

Okay well i picked up some 1/8 buggy paddles for my savage but they were uber thin compaired to the stock tiers so i tried to see if i could get um on my evader, well.... i did it, fairly easily,
what i used
the hex's are HPI 17 MM
the screws, which go directly on to the axel HPI Flanged locknut you'll need an 8mm wrench
and some scotch tape
Lugs Snow - Vader Camera20
i started off by wrapping the axels with tape as seen here
Lugs Snow - Vader Camera21
i just spun the spur and eyeballed the thickness
the thing about the HPI hubs is they have a small lip in them, so on sides hole DIA is bigger than the other, but this is easily avoided, once i can get the hex on i cut the tape off from over the threads, just cut down to the axel and spin the spur, press hard tho, also this is probally murder on the blade so use a crummy knife,
Lugs Snow - Vader Camera17
then i started wrapping it with tape again to get the proper dia for the larger hole, once that is achived cut it like the picture indicates
Lugs Snow - Vader Camera18
its more important to get the larger DIA supported than the smaller one, cuz it is a much larger contact space, you could just drill out the lip, tho you'll put alot of pressure on the cross pin, so i wouldn't, then i just mounted up the hexes and rims like you would normally, with the larger screws and you're done,
[Lugs Snow - Vader Camera19

as a side note these weigh 4.5grams where standard truck tires weigh 2.5g about, i plan to drill some holes in the rims in a bit,
for gearing with my CC SW 4600 system i'm gunna run 18/78 gearing first off, for the weight and large DIA, i'm also running the RC precision products Al spur hence the 78t count

the lug

Last edited by rclugnut on Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Lugs Snow - Vader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugs Snow - Vader   Lugs Snow - Vader Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:42 pm

Looks good, they seem to point in the right direction and everything. Laughing Be careful when you start drilling plastic rims, you could weaken them. Also, be sure to measure carefully so you don't throw them way off balance. Anyways, I'll be interested to see where this goes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Lugs Snow - Vader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugs Snow - Vader   Lugs Snow - Vader Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:31 pm

sidewinder wrote:
Looks good, they seem to point in the right direction and everything. Laughing Be careful when you start drilling plastic rims, you could weaken them. Also, be sure to measure carefully so you don't throw them way off balance. Anyways, I'll be interested to see where this goes.

yeah, i may get phase 2 done tommorow since i'm off school, make up day for midterms hehehe tho it angered me today so my attenspan may not be there...
yeah i'm still thinking about the rims, i think i'll just run it as is for now and see what needs to be changed
as for the directional comment i almost mounted um up wrong... i bet these will have terrible breaking and reverse power...
but yeah i can't wait to finish this mini project...

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Lugs Snow - Vader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugs Snow - Vader   Lugs Snow - Vader Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:36 pm

took part two out for a little run today i'll probally post some pics later, it was glitching really bad, i'm gunna get my FM system in, also the wheel nuts loosend up a little so some locktite will be applied, oncei t dries,
Lugs Snow - Vader Tr51148
btw that is not BL, because my rosin core solder (this stuff) failed, all the rosin just burned right off... so i couldn't re solder a deans onto my sidewinder Mad and the 18 or 20/78 gearing doesn't work, even if you mod the motor plate the tranny case gets in the way of the motor so a i ran a 19t 20/88 with very nice results, if it didn't glitch so much i'ld still be out there...

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Lugs Snow - Vader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugs Snow - Vader   Lugs Snow - Vader Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:01 pm

Sweet deal man! Just dry your car as soon as your done so rust doesnt become an issue Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
Sponsored content

Lugs Snow - Vader Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lugs Snow - Vader   Lugs Snow - Vader Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Lugs Snow - Vader
Page 1 of 1