Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey Empty
PostSubject: Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey   Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2009 7:45 pm

Yeah i'm asking a question about gear mesh....
basically the deal is i havn't had a spur gear last more than 2 packs on my evader in the past 5 or so times i've run it, weather it be from the motor shifting back, then pinion coming loose or the spur plulling its self off the slipper pad (the screws were a tad short, but still Shocked ) so i'm asking you guys what you think about this mesh setting, i set it to what i think is good this is a $5 spur so i don't want to kill it in 5 min...

Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey B4_00610

i've locktited the spur tho the slipper plate, my motor in place as is and my pinion grub so i think i got that problem set... i hope......

wow thats a crap pic. i'm gunna go see if i can get another...

Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey 101_6010

the lug
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422

PostSubject: Re: Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey   Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey Icon_minitime1Tue May 19, 2009 8:37 pm

Both are bad pic's, and by looking at them the way they are I would guess it is too loose.

You want the gears to be as tight as you can get them, but at the same time you shuold be able to rock the spur back and forth before the pin moves (you might have to hold the pin, and have the car on a car stand to test it right).

Another way to check it is to get a small strip of paper and run it inbetween the gears (rotate the spur by hand), and it should give an acordin (sp?) effect but not punch though the paper.

I myself can just use my eyesight to set it right, but I will always check it by feel to make sure I have it right after cranking down the motor screws (yes crank them down not just sung them down).
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey   Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2009 2:46 am

...and get some of the removable Loctite to keep the screws from loosening on their own.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey   Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2009 7:32 am

sidewinder wrote:
...and get some of the removable Loctite to keep the screws from loosening on their own.

check and check, tis on there now...

i'll run some paper thru tonight after work it spins real smooth and has minimal play maybe 100th of an inch

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey   Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey Icon_minitime1Sun May 24, 2009 9:07 pm

They say about 1/64th of an inch of play... I just get thoes gears as tight together as can be without any signs of binding. If you can do that you're golden Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey   Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey Icon_minitime1Sun May 24, 2009 10:31 pm

yeah thats basically what i got now, i put some paper thru it didn't rip i got a pack and a bit more thru it and no strippage yet just an unglued rear tire and a busted up front rim (i think its a duratrax rim so its to be expected)

i'm also running like 22/85 right now and it has tons of power tho its over geared both ESC and motor are getting too hot for my linking so i'm gunna back it down to 20/85, tho i'm gunna NEED a wheelie bar more so for this cuz it allready has no issue sending the front end skyways

the lug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey   Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Gear Mesh, Call me OCD but hey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rc Addicts :: 1/10th RC :: Brushless power :: Sensorless-
Jump to: