Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Long weekend RC plans?

Go down 
+5
musclecar201
evil3
rclugnut
sidewinder
MarkM
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Long weekend RC plans? Empty
PostSubject: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Thu May 21, 2009 11:44 pm

With the advent of the long weekend coming up I'm hoping to get some extended play time in RC wise!

I took tomorrow off and plan on working on my home track (Bugy Park) and if weather holds out, intend on borrowing my neighbors roto-tiller to till up the course I have layed out to finally get down to the dirt.

From there, after some grooming the plan is to pump as many batteries thru my Traxxas stuff as I can all weekend long Cool

My XMOD is currently in pieces for a major cleaning and some mods but I plan on getting some run time on that too.

Finally, I hope to get started on my new body for the Bolink and finish up some chassis work as well - I feel the need for some on-road speed!

I'm starting to develope a lust for Nitro and I'm a little torn between a Nitro Rustler and a Sport so who knows...maybe a new purchase in the wings.

Oh yeah, I guess there will be chores, honey-dos and quality time with the dog somewhere in between all this tongue

On Monday, the Wife and I go down town to watch the parade and honor the Vets...

Hope ya'll get some RC time in too and have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend!

Interested to hear what others have planned...

Mark
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Fri May 22, 2009 4:57 am

No RC plans but I'll probably load the Wheely King in the trunk of the car to kill time between races.

I'll be tagging along with a buddy to watch his son race my old Pro-Stock at I96 Speedway in Michigan on Saturday. If it survives Friday at Lakeville (Ohio)

I found a great video from the track, I only ever ran it once myself, I think it was around 1990 or 91, I think...it was back when I didn't ache on cold mornings anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Fri May 22, 2009 7:38 am

whenever i have 20 min i'll go out and bash my evader, i'll have some time this afternoon but i got work from 12-8 on sat. sun i gotta spend some time looking at colleges... then getting a new mt bike, then going to watch star trek with my GF, on monday me and my GF are going to hang out for a while sooo RC's not a lot of time just a few hours friday nite...

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Fri May 22, 2009 10:13 pm

got my bash in tho i ripped out my lower inside shock mount... ahh well uhh did i bust anything else today nope tho i got a ep 4600 that i'm waking up... can't wait to see what this'll do...

the lug
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2009 12:03 am

I will be racing on Saturday at the local track, other then that I really don't do much with RC. Really about the only thing I do with RC cars is race them, and paint them. lol
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2009 10:13 am

I will be working and sleeping sadly, no time to touch my r/c's once again.

can't wait for school to end so I can start back up on my xmod and get the propulse running again.
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Sat May 23, 2009 10:44 am

atm im coping green day to my phone cuz im stuck heading up to dallas 100 miles or driving on the upside finally gonna get tin rear shock shafts for my pede Very Happy so gonna be able to bash it some more
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Sun May 24, 2009 8:40 pm

Work and gte as much $ as i can for this

LXTXT8A2 EVADER EXB RTR W/ESC BLUE A2
Accessories Needed Combo Available
1 109.98
LXWZB9 DuraTrax 7-Cell 8.4V DTX 5000 NiMH Stick Standard Plug
Qty Discount Available
1 79.99
LXAXU0 DuraTrax IntelliSpeed 8T Racing Reverse ESC

1 74.99
LXJNF9 Epic Intense Modified Motor 10T Double

1 31.99
Sub-Totals: In-Stock Items: $264.96
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Sun May 24, 2009 9:02 pm

Well, i just got back from a well needed day of racing at the lhs (vid in the making as we speak) might get a bit of wheel time on the M18B tommarow, after a complete tune up of course Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Sun May 24, 2009 10:51 pm

i snuck a quick bash in today before i mowed the lawn.... twas very fun and i needed it

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

Male Number of posts : 505

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Sun May 24, 2009 11:18 pm

got to run my dad's brushless mini slider today and really need to start bulletproofing it, so ill be looking at parts tomorrow. also broke down the e revo and am cleaning it thoroughly as i put it back together.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Mon May 25, 2009 3:50 am

Man, I miss all of the fun. I completely forgot this was Crash-O-Rama weekend at Columbus Motor Speedway...and the one year I miss it this happens:

...and that, BTW, is just about exactly where I would have been sitting, and I'm always in the first row. 11 injured, one had to have CPR, no fatalities...
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Mon May 25, 2009 8:35 pm

lol
sidewinder are you ever gunna grow up????

i finished off the pack i started yesterday tho i forgot to unplug it from my ESC so it was pretty low on power, and i had allready run it... boy i need a wheelie bar....

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2009 2:21 am

rclugnut wrote:
lol
sidewinder are you ever gunna grow up????

And just where's the fun in that? I like to think of myself as a little less gay Peter Pan. Laughing
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2009 11:18 pm

Wow that was a seet crash, although it always sucks when the fans get involed loke that.

Other then that I could just tell that 2nd place was setting him up for a ram.
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Sun May 31, 2009 3:03 pm

now this weekend im testin my new battery pack so its been goin good
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:04 am

this weekend was great for me sis was away Very Happy and went to dallas and pre-orded a mini e-revo Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:47 pm

uhhhh cramming for finails........

thelug
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:23 pm

i just got the resualts of mine i did good in reading and bearly passed math lol
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:11 pm

Ha, im done with school, been done for a week! Smile
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:08 pm

i only have to go wendsaday then im done
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:29 pm

i got my last finail next wends. then i gotta come in thrus to get my last driving lesson in for drivers ed, then friday i gotta go in for an AP chem metting whooo hoo, you know i gotta hand in some stuff for AP chem, and i still havn't taken chem 2, i'm taking that over the summer, but we also need to do ap chem stuff over the summer...... arg fun fun...... LOL not.... ahh well "hey buddy ole pall who've i've know for 13 years wanna teach me chem 2" i have a bunch of friend who took it this sem. i didn't cuz i took other classes Wink, and i'm takeing a trig precalc over the summer cuz i almost failed it this year, so i gotta do good in ap calc or i'm SOL for going to RIT... hi hows your life???

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:16 am

I have to read about 6 books over the summer for AP English and AP History bounce I'm jumpping with joy!
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:14 am

Long night at Eldora Speedway. My buddy's son who I've been helping with his set-up qualified at 16.884 seconds (106.9 mph average). But a buddy, Donnie Moran, turned a 15.829 (113.8 mph) putting him just a tick off of the fast time of 15.665 (114.9mph). Wayne's son (Wayne jr) has come a long way, being able to hold unto a car at Eldora at well over 100mph (maybe 135-140 on the straights) is a real skill. That track has maimed more than a few drivers, including me. I don't know how he'll handle the traffic in the heats in a few hours, he seems to be sleeping, his dad and I are still up, I honestly don't know which one of us is more worried. It's not like it's his first time here, he's not a rookie by a long shot, but this track has nearly killed me and Wayne sr at times. Oh well, I guess I should get some sleep, we have to be up and working on a nasty push in four-and-a-half hours.

Long weekend RC plans? Normal_w14
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:16 am

good luck to him

the lug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Long weekend RC plans?   Long weekend RC plans? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Long weekend RC plans?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next