Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bar's cliff climber

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bar321
RC Pro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-11-29

bar's cliff climber Empty
PostSubject: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Sat May 30, 2009 3:29 am

Wow just realized i hadn't posted it here lol. So heres a quick history or my cliff climber.
Got it a few months ago, was stock for a long time. Then decided to run my pede's body the wb is to long on it so went with droop suspension to get it to fit. was stock just bashing around for the rest of the time till last night when i was thinking (ya i know really rare) so got to modding and after cutting some stuff up got the front wheels to fit then came the rear...with the hex's i had at the time it would not work so i locked out the rear steering. but went up to dallas today to pre-order the mini e-revo so got another set of front trx hex's and the rear track width is now the same as the front. and well thats bout it for now i have 2 vids of it stock on youtube heres a link and .
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

Male Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Sat May 30, 2009 1:45 pm

nice rig dude! how do you like it so far?
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Sun May 31, 2009 12:19 am

Its an awesome truck and even better for the price (120 on tower). But here are new pics.
bar's cliff climber 1243741593
bar's cliff climber 1243741592
I will try to get another video soon i need my friend to come over so he can film it.
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Sun May 31, 2009 2:58 pm

summit tires and wheels on a 1/18th scale
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Sun May 31, 2009 8:05 pm

brushlessmicrodude wrote:
summit tires and wheels on a 1/18th scale

slash on a 1/14

the lug
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Sun May 31, 2009 8:34 pm

Ok well went crawling today and think i am starting to strip out the front output. Sad I am gonna order steel ones all around tho. Got some vids witch i am uploading to youtube as i type. Also made some scale ropes last night and hot glued them into the bed.
bar's cliff climber Scaleropes001bar's cliff climber Scaleropes002bar's cliff climber Scaleropes003bar's cliff climber Scaleropes004bar's cliff climber Scaleropes005
And the cliff climber is one of those trucks that says its small scale but its the same size as my pede.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Sun May 31, 2009 10:09 pm

very nice i like that rope cool idea on how you wound it and all

the lug
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Sun May 31, 2009 10:24 pm

thanx the ones befor i made the jig was a pita and the vid is up on youtube.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Sun May 31, 2009 10:53 pm

nice vid well edited, thats some pretty nice terrain to crawl on, my fav part was when it was almost on its side and it kept going then go back on its wheels

the lug
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:32 am

Thanx im still trying to learn how to use Microsoft movie maker this was my 5th vid tho. That spot is this really cool river bed that just finished drying up so i have ben wanting to go crawling in there.
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:41 am

well got board last night at like 3-4am and used the cliff climbers old rear steer servo to make a winch. it can lift the rear of the truck off the ground and easily drag it to the side. i still need to get new servo horns to make a drum for it. Then gonna just set it aside till i make 150$ more and get a scx10. But gives me time to water prof it.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:48 pm

i've accually done that before for a project making a land sailer, (sailboat with wheels) its pretty easy to get it to spin for ever, if you havn't allready figured this out, you need to set the rotation sensor (under the gear with the servo spline on it) you need to glue taht in position, then you need to remove the stop on the spline gear cuz you don't want it to stop, then i used an round servo horn about 1/2 in dia, epoxyed to a spool i found, and you're done... you be sure to screw the horn onto the sevo before you expoy,

the lug
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:27 pm

ya the prob that took me a bit to find out was the sensor i still need to pick up 2 round horns for the drum. But once i get a scx10 i'm probly gonna pick up a metal geared servo for cc also need to find a place that sells fairleads that bolt onto the body.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:50 pm

My local HT USA has had a cliff-climber on the shelf for months now - they want $110 bucks for it!

I've been eye-balling it for a while. Crawling looks like it might be fun and I like that Bronco body. Glad to hear you're enjoying yours, great Vid too! I enjoyed watching it!
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:28 pm

Imo the cc is the best rig to get into crawling cuz it is so cheap only downside is needs 2 batts and on step climbs if has clod stall (rear motor dont get enugg voltage to it and it stalls) but for just bashing around there awsome
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:42 pm

Thanks Bar - Yeah, for the price and just for an intro to backyard crawling it looks like a fun little truck!

Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bar's cliff climber   bar's cliff climber Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

bar's cliff climber
Page 1 of 1