Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Booster Battery

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Booster Battery Empty
PostSubject: Booster Battery   Booster Battery Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:50 pm

I had an 5cell 4200mha sub C pack what was gunna be used in the e-chaos (this means update really soon), but i deceind to run a 6 cell hump in the e chaos, so i took apart the 5 cell and made a 2 cell that i can plug in between my ESC and battery for 8 cells Booster Battery New_pa10

i'm gunna put some hot glue in bewteen the two plugs tommorow, can't wait to test this, tho kinda waiting on parts still :/

i wonder how this prefromce will compair to that of the 5000mha zippy lipo i have comming...

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Booster Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Battery   Booster Battery Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:32 pm

okay well i'm glad i never tested this cuz it would've failed epicly, cuz that is a great deal if you want to wire in paralle... so yeah updated wireing, you need 2 half deans if you want to custom a series adapter... or you can buy one for like $3 off tower but i had much more fun doing it this way...

Booster Battery Work%20room%20014

the bottom deans plug is from the batt, the upper right half plug goes fromt he batt pos, to the booster neg, the bottom left half deans comes from the booter pos and goes to the esc pos, then the top left deans goes to the main batt neg, from the esc neg,

11 cells of POWER!!!!!!!!!!

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Booster Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Battery   Booster Battery Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:57 am

Ok, I'm hooked...I'll be watching for updates on how this works out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Booster Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Battery   Booster Battery Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:52 am

poey my charger only does up to 8 cells... but it does 3s lipo... either way i'll just have to solder up another half a deans deal... its not that i hate soldering its the plugs are a pain to cut and make a mess...

the lug
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Booster Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Battery   Booster Battery Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:19 pm

i see a fire coming Twisted Evil That sure is a mess but deffintely looks like its gonna be a heck of a good time. So will the ESC handle it?
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Booster Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Battery   Booster Battery Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:44 pm

musclecar201 wrote:
i see a fire coming Twisted Evil That sure is a mess but deffintely looks like its gonna be a heck of a good time. So will the ESC handle it?

the esc handled it, just fine its rated up to 12 cells with this motor, the motor handled it good, what couldn't take it was the diff, this is an upgraded diff from the stock evader diff to make it WAY stronger... and i burned it totally out... gone... i'll post pics later tonite, i could feel the extra battery on it, but its fast little i didn't get too much WOT on it, but its quick i maybe hit about 40 so far and it wasn't nearly tapped out... i gotta go to my dads pics to come after work of the dead diff

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Booster Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Battery   Booster Battery Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:23 pm

what happened to the diff

Booster Battery Hf97850

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Booster Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Battery   Booster Battery Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:00 am

Uh yeah....that's cooked. Laughing

So the good news is, it's making real power. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422

Booster Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Battery   Booster Battery Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:17 pm

That is a by product of having the diff slip (running it too loose). When it slips it starts to get hot, and once it gets too hot it melts like your did.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Booster Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Battery   Booster Battery Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:11 pm

evil3 wrote:
That is a by product of having the diff slip (running it too loose). When it slips it starts to get hot, and once it gets too hot it melts like your did.

yeah i know, i'm in my diff now, and it looks like my thrust bearing crapped out on this last gear replacement of the one before it, either way i'm down 4 balls.....

but the AE thrust bearing will fit perfectly if towers specs are correct, i'll update this tonite, arg never got to the e-choas tho......

the lug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Booster Battery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Booster Battery   Booster Battery Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Booster Battery
Page 1 of 1