Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Losi Micros - Electronic bugs?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Losi Micros - Electronic bugs? Empty
PostSubject: Losi Micros - Electronic bugs?   Losi Micros - Electronic bugs? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:35 am

I think I would like a Mini Desert Truckor Micro Desert Truck in my RC arsenal. I read somewhere of people complaining about distance issues with the radios on the 1/36 Losi Micro's.

Did this get worked out eventually? Are the Losi Micros well built or should I expect some immediate fixes to make them more respectable?

I can't decide between 1/18 or 1/36 but I like the Desert trucks in both scales - that's fer sure.

Thanks!

Mark
Back to top Go down
fieldfairy2
Rc enthusiest
fieldfairy2

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Losi Micros - Electronic bugs?   Losi Micros - Electronic bugs? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:06 pm

The Micro's are great cars. I have heard that Losi has changed the board a little bit and they are better. I never had any big problems and still don't. If you do get a micro look into some thread axles and bearings. Otherwise they are great cars.
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Losi Micros - Electronic bugs?   Losi Micros - Electronic bugs? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:07 pm

I've had mine for a year and a half, compeltely stock, broke only the steering joints and cut out some guitar picks to fix that. Thats the only thing and it's been down the stairs a few times... Smile

Well obviously your not gonna have the same distance as say an fm radio but it's decent for the size of the little bugger.

If you got a house with enough room or a smooth outside surface go for a DT as it can be used both ways.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

PostSubject: Re: Losi Micros - Electronic bugs?   Losi Micros - Electronic bugs? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:48 pm

I ended up picking up the black Losi 1/36 scale DT. Cute little bugger, doesn't seem to have any quality issues - works very well.

In a small area they're a little jumpy, it would nice if you could back down the throttle on the TX but for the price it's all pretty good.

On the driveway it's set up pretty well out of the box, TX range is fine. Now I guess I have to make some kind of track '-)

Definetly a fine companion for the hotel during biz trips!

I saw someone bought a CORR style body for one of these, that would be pretty cool too!

My local hobby shop owner and I were talking about these and we thought Losi would make a big splash if the took this 1/36 truck platform and made cars! Keep it simple like they are now but with scale wheels and nice bodies. For the price, I think it would give the DeNano a run for the money - especially for the money LOL!

I'd buy one!

Thanks!

Mark
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Losi Micros - Electronic bugs?   Losi Micros - Electronic bugs? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:36 am

Mark-

I actually was trying ot replicated and make a micro-c I think it was, it was basically a car version of a micro-t but the parts were too small for me and many just needed to be CNC'd. I wouldn't mind giving it another stab if I had the money.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

PostSubject: Re: Losi Micros - Electronic bugs?   Losi Micros - Electronic bugs? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:18 pm

Yeah, I can see that it would be a challenge! It's sort of an intriguing idea though.

I suppose one might be able to fab some A arms from blank printed circuit board material and solder brass tubing to PCB material for the pivots.

For now I guess I'm kind of having fun with it as truck LOL

Boy, I think RPM could do a tidy bit of business if they came out with a kit ;-) That would be cool!

Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Losi Micros - Electronic bugs?   Losi Micros - Electronic bugs? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Losi Micros - Electronic bugs?
Page 1 of 1