Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pede gets the VXL...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Pede gets the VXL... Empty
PostSubject: Pede gets the VXL...   Pede gets the VXL... Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:24 pm

Not too ago, I picked up a velineon kit and slapped it in my Bandit. Needless to say it was fun. Not too after that, I picked up an Integy alloy tranny case for the Bandit too. Not wanting to start a flame war but at this point, I'm confused about the seemly endless bad rap Integy gets on some of the boards. The tranny case is quite nice and went together without a hitch. Also, as I had hoped, the aluminum case acts as a heat sink and really draws heat from the BL motor - it gets mildly warm at best - at least with my meager 6 cell packs ;-)

Anyway, with the addition of the tranny case AND the brushless AND aluminum shocks, I felt that the buggy gained too much weight, at least for my tastes - it weighs in at about 2-3/4 pounds Shocked I just wasn't "feelin it" and I want to go lighter with the buggy - this will end up being a different project altogether.

SOOO...I pulled the whole shootin match out the buggy tonight and installed it in my Pede.

For now - it belongs in the Pede. As if the Pede wasn't already a fun basher it's a blast now, and it seems to shrug off the extra weight gain, it just doesn't seem that much more heavier. It almost wheelies on demand and it flys thru tall grass with a fire trail behind it. Later, I may pick up some mashers for it. I didn't get much time behind the trigger tonight because it was dark and I kept loosing it in the night darkness which ultimately would of lead to some kind of RC greek tragedy.

I can't wait to get it out in the back yard track tomorrow night - the perfect way to end a Friday Laughing

Well - that's the bench report for me tonight - funny thing, the more RC crap you have, the more misc. projects start piling up!?

Out...
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Pede gets the VXL...   Pede gets the VXL... Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:52 pm

too true about the RC stuff...

yeah thats the issue about aluminum its HEAVY... and imo its only good in a few key places, hubs, bulks, and maybe braces... the rest can be platic or CF if you got $...

if you want wheelies on demand...
for those 2.8's you have
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTYN9&P=7

for old school 2.2's
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTYP0&P=7

the lug
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

PostSubject: Re: Pede gets the VXL...   Pede gets the VXL... Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:27 pm

Hey Lug,

Thanks for all the info - including the stuff on the Evader...much oblige!

BTW - the Evader Coaliation is a REAL good resource ;-) A guy could spend hours reading that - it's cool!

Mark
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Pede gets the VXL...   Pede gets the VXL... Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:28 pm

yuppers i try to help out fellow evader owners all the same... there's a ton of good info and there are quite a few more mods i could get into... or just random cool stuff to do to your cars...

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Pede gets the VXL...   Pede gets the VXL... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:43 am

Sounds like a good move with the Stampede, I really like my Bandit but it is a bit on the heavy side to begin with. I've already broken three front arms, two front shocks, one wheel and a bunch of little stuff mostly, I think, because of the added momentum. Adding weight would probably be a bad thing.

We have a big empty parking lot at an abandoned Walmart that was just repaved about a year ago, so I've been thinking lately about finding some hard drifting tires for the Bandit. I think with the weight and the brushless, I could get some killer high speed power slides.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

PostSubject: Re: Pede gets the VXL...   Pede gets the VXL... Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:29 pm

I wondered if you were still running your Bandit...sounds like you have ;-)

I still really like mine and it WAS a hoot with the BL but with the addition of the new gear box and aluminium shocks...I just felt I went too far. I have mod plans for it and I'm thinking I will "Jangify" the chassis and gear box on it for starters. Maybe BL later but for now I would like to try a light peppy brushed motor in it, something lighter than the Titan, something rebuildable. The problem is the choices are endless, also by the time you maintain a high performance brushed motor, it seems you end up money ahead with a decent BL system that requires little to no maintenance.

I had the Stampede out again tonight - it's a confirmed love affair, the Integy gear box is great and the additional rear balast balances it out nicely in the air. I bought an RPM gear cover for it and made a gasket out of sticky back foam and the tranny and BL are extremely quiet now. Best of all, no more junk in my spur and pinion which seems to be one of the short comings of the Traxxas drive-line design. Easy fix though...

I noticed my new gearbox has scratches already from wheelies...Sheesh Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Pede gets the VXL...   Pede gets the VXL... Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:08 am

Yeah, I've been running it now and then. Most of my time has been spent at the race track so I've dragged it along for the down times. I wish I'd had a video camera handy about two weeks ago. I borrowed a 3S lipo and we timed the thing down the back straight at the speedway...from corner to corner it took about seven seconds...we timed the late models, they took about five. Pretty amazing considering the size and price difference...unfortunately one big clump of mud did take out the front right corner, but it was a small price to pay for the entertainment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Pede gets the VXL...   Pede gets the VXL... Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:57 pm

Sick Sound Cool I Hope You Get A Lipo
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pede gets the VXL...   Pede gets the VXL... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Pede gets the VXL...
Page 1 of 1