Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kyle's Blitz

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Kyle's Blitz Empty
PostSubject: Kyle's Blitz   Kyle's Blitz Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:09 pm

Well the food pantry race at my lhs a few weeks ago seemed to be my lucky day! Very Happy I entered the vehicle raffel with only one ticket and ended up scoring a brand new rtr HPI Blitz Smile I also had three race entry raffel tickest and two were pulled so i ended up with a full set of hpoi sct attk tires and rims Smile Then some guy gave me an hpi T-shirt to me for free to top the cake Very Happy It ended up being a lucky day for my whole family I guess because my dad ended up fionding a $10 bill on the ground in a grocery store lol. I also ended up winning the A-main in 2wd truck with my T4.

(I should have a vid up soon of this event Wink )

The winnings:

Kyle's Blitz DSCN0569

The first thing I did when I pulled it out of the box was tear out the stock electronics and throw in a Tekin RS, LRP Vector 17.5 motor, Traxxas slash servo, and my trusty Spektrum radio.

Pics:

Kyle's Blitz DSCN0571

Kyle's Blitz DSCN0572

I drove it around for half a battery pack in front of my house just to get a feel for how it handled, and my first impression was that it reacted quickly to inputs, but the overall radius left some room for improvment. I took it in and tightened the servo saver and that halped some, but it still wasn't where I wanted it to be. I decided to leave it untill I got to race it.

I ended up buying a new JC Concepts Illusion Truth body for it and a bunch of paint to make it stand out from the crowd.

Pics:

Kyle's Blitz DSCN0573

Heres how she turned out Smile

Kyle's Blitz DSCN0574

Kyle's Blitz DSCN0577
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

Male Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Kyle's Blitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle's Blitz   Kyle's Blitz Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:21 pm

It looks really nice kyle. I was wondering how you got all those HPI electronics up for sale a few weeks ago. I like the paint though. What is that orangy color?

Schwenzo

ps- i got that same AE poster in my basement. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Kyle's Blitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle's Blitz   Kyle's Blitz Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:59 pm

That is a really good weekend for you.

Yeah those truck handle strange, as they react really well with turn in, but they "push" center out (unless you spin the rear tires out of the turn). Really you just have to get use to the way they drive, as they won't drive like a 2wd truck like your T4.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Kyle's Blitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle's Blitz   Kyle's Blitz Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:59 am

That was a good day, congrats. cheers

I like the body you painted, those a really cool colors, nice work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Kyle's Blitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle's Blitz   Kyle's Blitz Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:39 pm

evil3 wrote:
That is a really good weekend for you.

Yeah those truck handle strange, as they react really well with turn in, but they "push" center out (unless you spin the rear tires out of the turn). Really you just have to get use to the way they drive, as they won't drive like a 2wd truck like your T4.

I would say it was a good weekend Smile Its hard trying to get it to exit the corner where you want it to because even if you brake or let off the throttle it kinda pushes. I tried the other hubs (inline) and they helped some. afro I think i will start to work with camber and wheelbase next time geek

sidewinder wrote:
That was a good day, congrats. cheers

I like the body you painted, those a really cool colors, nice work.

Thanks, I tried something challangeing this time, but you can only do so much without a airbrush Sad

I can't wait to get back out there for some more Very Happy Thats What She Said
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Kyle's Blitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle's Blitz   Kyle's Blitz Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Nice But Why A Tekin System? Tekin Is Very Good But Why Not Novak?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Kyle's Blitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle's Blitz   Kyle's Blitz Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:33 pm

Becasue novak is still behind on their software compared to tekin. But thier new Kinetic esc should be on par with all the others on the market.
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Kyle's Blitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle's Blitz   Kyle's Blitz Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:57 pm

I Could See That As A Reason.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Kyle's Blitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle's Blitz   Kyle's Blitz Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:40 pm

The novak is also a huge esc. lol

Like he said the tekin and other systems are better over all with their operating system. Although the novak is still fine to use as I use one in my T4 yet (I have the org. GTB before the li-po cut off was added to the system). I can drive with it just fine, but on the low grip tracks it would be nice if I could change the way the esc responds to throttle imput a little better. Sure my finger has the fine control needed for racing, but it would be nice to change a few bits to help when the traction is low, or even high. Although it is a smooth system, it just isn't tuneable like the others whitch hurts the performance slightly.

Micro-T Master wrote:

I would say it was a good weekend Smile Its hard trying to get it to exit the corner where you want it to because even if you brake or let off the throttle it kinda pushes. I tried the other hubs (inline) and they helped some. afro I think i will start to work with camber and wheelbase next time geek

Were talking about the blitz right? Anyways I really don't like the idea of changing to inline steering blocks right off the bat, as there are other adjustments that will make the car better. Belive it or not, but shock angles and roll center is huge to fine your set-up. Wheel base is fine but that is more of a fine tuning option (to me), and camber is more of how much traction do you have in the turn vs. stright line (it can be effected by the roll of the chassis). You could also change the springs and dampning (oil and pistons) to change the way the car transfer weight front to back (as well as the speed at witch it changes) and some what the amount of roll the car has, as well as the way the car lands off of jumps and get though the bumps.

The inline hubs work great and can give you what you are looking for, but I just don't like the idea of changing them right off of the bat (I know I said that already). I might just be me with the fact that I don't like them as they give the car too much steering, but in any case that is nomaly an adjustment that is made later on when the car handles really good but you would like just a touch more steering without changing the balance of the set-up you have going.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Kyle's Blitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle's Blitz   Kyle's Blitz Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:11 pm

evil3 wrote:
The novak is also a huge esc. lol

Like he said the tekin and other systems are better over all with their operating system. Although the novak is still fine to use as I use one in my T4 yet (I have the org. GTB before the li-po cut off was added to the system). I can drive with it just fine, but on the low grip tracks it would be nice if I could change the way the esc responds to throttle imput a little better. Sure my finger has the fine control needed for racing, but it would be nice to change a few bits to help when the traction is low, or even high. Although it is a smooth system, it just isn't tuneable like the others whitch hurts the performance slightly.

Micro-T Master wrote:

Were talking about the blitz right? Anyways I really don't like the idea of changing to inline steering blocks right off the bat, as there are other adjustments that will make the car better. Belive it or not, but shock angles and roll center is huge to fine your set-up. Wheel base is fine but that is more of a fine tuning option (to me), and camber is more of how much traction do you have in the turn vs. stright line (it can be effected by the roll of the chassis). You could also change the springs and dampning (oil and pistons) to change the way the car transfer weight front to back (as well as the speed at witch it changes) and some what the amount of roll the car has, as well as the way the car lands off of jumps and get though the bumps.

The inline hubs work great and can give you what you are looking for, but I just don't like the idea of changing them right off of the bat (I know I said that already). I might just be me with the fact that I don't like them as they give the car too much steering, but in any case that is nomaly an adjustment that is made later on when the car handles really good but you would like just a touch more steering without changing the balance of the set-up you have going.

Yeah, that Novak is a monster in size lol... Not only that, but with the newest wave of firmware updates caused by IIC races, the tekins, mambas, and lrps seem to have the upper hand these days with the newest available setting in timing boost.

I would have messed with those settings, but I didnt have any extra oil, and have yet to buy the spring set Sad I should have those items for next time though. Speaking of next time, spring break is in a week, I think i need to get some funds together to spend a few days at the track that week Smile
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Kyle's Blitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle's Blitz   Kyle's Blitz Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:46 pm

That sounds like fun being at the track. I have only been to a track twice in the past 4-5 months. Although my first time back I TQed and won, then the 2nd time I was Q2 and won (so I know the old GTB can still win races, as after all my esc is a 1st gen GTB (i.e. an org gtb)). lol

The GTB isn't not a good chooice for stock class racing, but for mod it works fine. Although I was looking at their new esc and it looks like it will be a good set-up for racing. Although it is a little smaller it is still one of the larger esc's on the market. Also it is just as adjustable as a mamba max esc and you can even change the throttle curve (you can't do that with the tekin from what I under stand), as well as have 2 settings in the esc ready to go for when the track losses grip or gains grip (you don't need to change the settings like you normaly do, as you can have 2 ready to go for the day).

I kind of want to get one based on what I seen, and being that it is a little smaller then the gtb is a plus. Although I am still liking the tekin stuff a little more. lol
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Kyle's Blitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle's Blitz   Kyle's Blitz Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:37 pm

evil3 wrote:
That sounds like fun being at the track. I have only been to a track twice in the past 4-5 months. Although my first time back I TQed and won, then the 2nd time I was Q2 and won (so I know the old GTB can still win races, as after all my esc is a 1st gen GTB (i.e. an org gtb)). lol

The GTB isn't not a good chooice for stock class racing, but for mod it works fine. Although I was looking at their new esc and it looks like it will be a good set-up for racing. Although it is a little smaller it is still one of the larger esc's on the market. Also it is just as adjustable as a mamba max esc and you can even change the throttle curve (you can't do that with the tekin from what I under stand), as well as have 2 settings in the esc ready to go for when the track losses grip or gains grip (you don't need to change the settings like you normaly do, as you can have 2 ready to go for the day).

I kind of want to get one based on what I seen, and being that it is a little smaller then the gtb is a plus. Although I am still liking the tekin stuff a little more. lol

The Tekin does have the option to change the curve, but its 5 preset profiles rather than physically changing the curve to however you like. But the firmware and program still leave room for improvement, so I wouldn't be surprised if this option will soon come out.

I personally love my Tekin and plan on purchasing another one this summer. Compare to all the other ESC's I have owned it is the most reliable and tunable of them all. plus, its FAST Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Kyle's Blitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle's Blitz   Kyle's Blitz Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:25 am

I know the tekins are good, although some times I like to run what others arn't running. For me it is more fun to use something that others don't want to use. Although I will most likely get the tekin rs for my 2wd cars (buggy and truck (when I replace the gtb), and the rs pro for my 4wd buggy (so I can run a 5.5).

The novak is finnaly going the way with updates and what not, although for a specs point of view it is a little more tuneable (also it has an old feature in witch it gives you more power just for the start of the race (something I have seen an esc do since the old brushed days) although I don't know if it will really do much since BL motors have a ton of low end). Also I am liking the fact that the curve can be fine tuned, although even when I ran the MM I never really needed to fine tune that much (of course that was with sensorless, and I would never run the mamba max pro as it is even larger then the GTB).

Anyways I'm not a spokes person for novak, I just think it is about time that they got with the times and their new offering looks like it will be good.

BTW being that I mainly race mod, I don't really need to use the boost settings (the turbo bit or what ever it is called) as the motors I use have more then enough power on their own. But I like the fact that I can tune the rs for stock class racing (17.5 stock or 13.5 super stock) to help give me all the power I want. (although I will bring back what the novak brings to the table, with the 2 stored settings, as one can be for mod class racing, and the other stock. with that have a setting ready to go, and change as needed based on what the track runs with out needing a laptop (ok you can change settings on any esc though the esc, but to get the most you will need a laptop)).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kyle's Blitz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kyle's Blitz   Kyle's Blitz Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Kyle's Blitz
Page 1 of 1