Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

some fresh paint work

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2008-07-10

some fresh paint work Empty
PostSubject: some fresh paint work   some fresh paint work Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:18 pm

For a blitz (look closely and you will see purple streaks in the black)
some fresh paint work 002
some fresh paint work 004
some fresh paint work 005
some fresh paint work Front

New shell for my T4, and my T4 after a race (yes same piant scheme, but it is just fresh paint. Also the green is a little darker)
some fresh paint work 006
some fresh paint work 007
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904

PostSubject: Re: some fresh paint work   some fresh paint work Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:39 pm

looks nice, that purple is a nice touch for sure

the lug
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

PostSubject: Re: some fresh paint work   some fresh paint work Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Thanks lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: some fresh paint work   some fresh paint work Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:42 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a skull with a pink bow before Laughing I like it though. They both look great Evil. BTW, what brand paint do you use? I've been playing with faskolor lately and really like the way it lays down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

PostSubject: Re: some fresh paint work   some fresh paint work Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:48 pm

lol, that is what they wanted, although I stuck with pink since the flames were pink (the colors were up to me). Thanks

As for paint, I mainly use Faskolor (why else would I have faskolor stickers on my T4) and Createx air-brush paint (stores like hobby loby sells it for like $3ish and normaly it is found near the air brush stuff/and model car stuff). Every now and then I will use ppg envirobase paint, although that is quite pricey so I don't use it very offten (althoug it sprays way better then the the faskolor and createx).

With the WB paint be sure to thin it down more to get the best out of it. Sure you can spray it stright, but it works far better when it is thinned out. It also atomizes (sp?) better witch gives you better fine control over the paint for fades and detail work.

However the chrome is spaz stix paint. I use the rattle can, then back with water based black. IF you go to use that, be sure to spray it in a well vetned area.
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

Male Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: some fresh paint work   some fresh paint work Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:47 pm

I love the T4 paint. It looks really agresive and edgy. Ive never had much luck with paint, but then again ive never used a airbrush....

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: some fresh paint work   some fresh paint work Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:36 pm

Oh, I didn't notice (or at least read) the faskolor sticker Embarassed

I keep meaning to get some spaz stix to lay with, but since I do more static models I'm more used to using metal look paints by Alclad. I have been impressed with the results that I've seen with the spaz stix stuff, and it's probably more flexible than Alclad which seems prone to flaking on lexan bodies.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

PostSubject: Re: some fresh paint work   some fresh paint work Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:48 pm

Thanks Reyzo, yeah it does aggressive look anf it is sweet looking when on the track.

lol side, it is all good. The SS does seem to stick really good with out any prep work (becides cleaning the lexan). It might be more flexable, or it could just be the way it is made, but I do know that I haven't read anything bad about them. I haven't tried the alclad paints yet, but I might use them sooner or later when ever I get back to model buliding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: some fresh paint work   some fresh paint work Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

some fresh paint work
Page 1 of 1