Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

E-Chaos converstion

Go down 
+4
musclecar201
sk8r
Micro-T Master
rclugnut
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

do i sound crazy and should just abandon this now?
Yes scrap it now
E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
No it souunds like a great idea
E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Vote_lcap82%E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 82% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:10 pm

yeah true on the servo but, i'm not sure a standard will fit, it's pretty tight, and i don't have everything laid out completly yet so i'm not sure that i can get a standard in there and the stockers are decent... looking to get some work done monday...

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:45 pm

Here's the mount im making in metal fab....

E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Chaos_10

good luck reading it...
edit not to scale

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:09 pm

So long as you can read it, thats all that counts lol.

Cant wait to see it when its done Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:13 pm

yeah i can but when i cut the accual piece of metal i re-cut on to make sure i had it put in right because it was SOO SMALL!!!!!!!!!! 3 7/8 X 4.5 in of 22 gauge steel, i think its galvanized

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:31 pm

i think i fuggled my dementions, its not wide enough hopefully i'll be able to change them and, cut a new peice of metal, lay it out (draw all the lines in) and then recut/bend, its not very big at all so it'll be no issue on the terms of getting the metal... but i can't believe i fuggled the demetions and made it too thin...... arg this thing is confusing......
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:41 pm

got the mount right today i just got to punch uhhh 6 holes and bend 4 hems...

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:48 pm

Measure twice first. Laughing

Looks like it's going to be great when it's done.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Man these pics are making me want to do this now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:22 pm

almost done, didn't have as much time as i would've liked to work on it, since were starting welding, and its coming along very well it got a little outta shape during the bend procces cuz my initial sequence was wrong, but i got it all happy now so just need a wee bit more time YAY

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:36 pm

arg curse those school assemblies..... lost an hour of shop time today soo no worky on mount....

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 03, 2009 4:30 pm

still nada, had a sub on fri, so no use machines...

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 05, 2009 7:40 pm

got the mount done just need to solder the braces to the main support but i got an ortho appointment so i'm gunna be missing metal fab. on thrusday, i'm gunna talk to my teacher and see if i can come in during lunch to get it done or bring it home...

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 06, 2009 8:42 pm

well i got it done today at lunch i'm SOOO HAPPY tho i was 15 min late back to french cuz i had to talk to my teacher about it at the end... soo yeah but ITS DONE!!!!!!!!!
soooo PICTURES

will come later cuz i gotta do like an hour of math and some other stuff....

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 06, 2009 10:02 pm

okay now pictures....

E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Chaos_11

E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Chaos_12

E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Chaos_16

E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Chaos_13

well there it is... its pretty hefty, its a little tweaked in places but shouldn't be a big deal i think my motor mount holes are a tad off, maybe 1 mm, and my main mount holes maybe about the same... i dunno and i gotta dremel a little off the center tranny brace cuz it hits the mount slightly.... but thats no biggy it has some extra stuff on it anyways.... yeah so a little dremeling and i should be good, i'd say thats pretty good for 3-rd project outta sheet metal......

so i should have this DONE by sunday maybe friday nite.... YAY

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu May 07, 2009 9:11 pm

well spent ohh probally 2 hours on it today i need to get a new pinion tho, the ones i have are too small, meaning they don't reach the spur, the deal is, my motor mount hits the center diff support even after dremeling the diff support down to the bearing it still won't fit, so i gotta order like a 20t pinion meaning i'll get a 20, and a 22, cuz i can, i've been needing an excuse to order from tower for a few days now YAY now i can Very Happy soo yeah i also got the battery mount kinda done, its temp and a little hack but works well, hacked up the old radio box and use that to hold the battery, then hold that down via rubber bands, my strap was too big i'll have to find a smaller one somewhere.... soo yeah thats all thats new, its almost done i'm sreally phycked to see this go.... i just hope i don't end up over gearing it, cuz i'll be running either a 15t or a 19t motor on 5 cells, and the stock pinion was like 14 i think or 15, and i'm going up to 20... ahh well live and let live....

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri May 08, 2009 2:00 am

Looks really good Lug, I'm curious though, why did you do the weld on the inside of the box instead of the outside? It had to be a little tricky welding in the box. Laughing Anyways, It looks like it should be plenty solid, nice work.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri May 08, 2009 8:33 am

if you look closely on the first pic i did solder the outside as well as the inside, yesterday i also took a good amount of solder off the inside joints as well they look much cleaner.... but mostly cuz the motor was hitting it and couldn't rotate around enuf to line up with the holes, tho i still had to dremel it a little maybe .1-.in if that its hard to even tell... and i found that i'm only needing to mount it via 2 screws.... 4 is overkill and i don't feel that much like dremeling it more... i'm now waiting on a 20t and a 22t pinion i ordered last nite along with a few things for my evader....

the only thing i'm not likeing is my battery is currently held in via a rubber band... i gotta get a different strap the one i had was too big.... ahh well no biggy....

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:43 pm

it's been a while, and guess what, ITS DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i finished it today, the battery is a 6 cell IB 3800, made hump, its using an orion method 19X2 motor, novak xrs 12t speedo, tower 2 ch am RX, and the first test was done using a futaba magnum 2 pl radio, it was geared 22/50, some pics

E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Mk26020
E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Kf12006
E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Ki18304
E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Ok28785

and a teaser VIDEO, a way better one to come,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aobrjIAYrps

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:49 pm

Cool, glad to see everything fit. Come to think of it, do you have a body that will fit over everything? Anyway, nice work.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:56 pm

lol the body well it would barely fit with the 5 cell, but with the 6 lol, i highly dought it, i'm gunna maybe rais the posts, so the old one will be jacked up good and high, or i may pick up like a truggy body, like idk a mini slash depending on sizeing and mount one up to it that way, and make my own mini slash look alike...

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:57 pm

Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:04 am

Pretty good Lug but you realize your parents are going to kill you when they see burn-out marks on the tile.Smile
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:47 am

lol it didn't leave any :p cuz my tires are a little dusty... and the stockers are of a pretty hard rubber, cuz they don't have any foams...

either way its gunna get pulled apart today to look for the mesterous slipping noise

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:51 pm

I was wondering what that was, I figured it was a lose slipper clutch.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:40 pm

it doesn't have a slipper Shocked and i didn't get to it today...

the lug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

E-Chaos converstion
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rc Addicts :: Mini RC :: Creations :: Customizations-
Jump to: