Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.

Go down 
+4
sidewinder
evil3
Micro-T Master
BilboBaggins
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-06-18

News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:19 am

Roomba Driver

Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:05 pm

Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:48 pm

Well if they'd pay a little better the poor guy would have to sell children services workers on the side.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:06 pm

This one is just wrong on so many levels. How can they do that to a poor defenseless animal.

Pierced kittens removed from home

Yes, I'm an Animal lover, I currently have 5 cats running my house. Shocked They think they own the place, sometimes I think that too. cat

But I'm not, nor will be, a member of PETA (People for Ethical Treatment of Animals) because they are idiots.

Maybe the alternate version of PETA. Smile
News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 112567275v8_240x240_Front
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

Male Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:31 pm

Wow that is so screwed up!! I've got 2 cats and they own the place.... but 5! thats quite a few lol!
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:26 pm

Dang! Messed up!
I had a cat when i was four, but it ran away Sad

Oh well, im sure he found a good home. I currently have 1 dog and 2 birds.

I had 18 birds at once before, and i gota tell you, it was noisy! I couldnt hear myself think at times! But it was fun to look at their unique colors, and sometimes they made some cool noises, not the sound of the microwave being finised. LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:39 pm

sk8r wrote:
Wow that is so screwed up!! I've got 2 cats and they own the place.... but 5! thats quite a few lol!

Cats are like Potato Chips, you can't just have one.

Mine went like this.

Callie Girl (female) 1998-Present - Approx 3 years when Adopted from Pennsylvania SPCA less than a week after buying the house Bitchy Tortoiseshell (All Torties I've seen are Bitchy)

Zip Doodlebug (male) 1998-2006 - He showed up on our doorstep on Labor Day weekend and we felt sorry for him. Tuxedo Cat (Black and White) Bruised, Malnourished (12lb frame with under 5 of weight) and Cuts on legs and burns (cigarette) on his back. I couldn't figure out why anyone could do this to the love bug. He would let kids pick him up and he wouldn't bite, scratch them. He was about 4 when we took him in, died of cancer.

Patches Underfoot (female) 2005-Present - Adopted from Trenton Animal Shelter, first kitten (6 months old) Calico. Her sister was adopted 10 minutes before we saw her at PetSmart. Felt sorry for her because she was all alone on Thanksgiving weekend. Zip trained her well, and when he was getting sick she would lay next to him keeping him company. Her name at the shelter was CALLIE.

James Snugglebug (male) 2006-Present - Adopted from NE Animal Shelter. He was 6 months old and a Tuxedo. Wife fell in love with him and I let her get him because Zip didn't have long and we hoped he would learn from Zip. Unfortunately Zip died a few weeks later. His name at the Shelter was SLOB.

Reggie Roadblock (male) 2007-Present - Adopted from NE Animal Shelter. 16lbs and 7 year old Tuxedo and he was at the shelter for a year. People seem to love little and kittens. The shelter begged us to take him. He is a big lovable lug, his main problem is annoying Callie. We didn't change his name because he had it for a long time when we got him.

Maggie Mae Squeakers (female) 2007-Present - Was one of two kittens that survived from being born to a cute Tuxedo cat (Molly) at my mom's office. Her brother Gus was adopted by the owners of a Pizza place across the street from the office. My mom couldn't find any takers for Maggie (She called Squeaky) so I ended up getting her.

Kit Kat (Male) 2007-2008 - Adopted from Philadelphia Animal Welfare. 8 years old and 25+ pounds when we saw him. Our Vet was ready to kill us. We figured he (we were told he was a she) wouldn't be adopted and would be put down at this place. They were known for killing more than they saved. He lost weight (lowest was 16lbs) while we had him but his health declined from the years of neglect. He had diabetes and his heart gave out a few months ago.

If you have Animal Planet look for a show called Animal Cops: Philadelphia. The Main Vet at the SPCA is my vet Doctor Muraka. Great guy, runs his office after working at the SPCA and charges as low as he can so people can get they pets cared for. Definitely loves animals.
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:18 pm

Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:57 am

"He had apparently disguised himself as a hired entertainer for the children in order to gain access.

When a guest opened the door, Lieutenant Buchanan said, Mr. Pardo stepped inside the house, drew a semiautomatic handgun and immediately started shooting, beginning with an 8-year-old girl who was hit in the face but who survived, as did an older girl who was shot in the back...Jeffrey Pardo, 45, killed himself with a single shot to the head ."

Why are all psychos such cowards? I can understand wanting to kill the ex (and maybe her family) but actually doing it (and dressed as Santa? starting the shooting with an 8-year-old...I'm guessing Santa's spending some time in a really warm place right about now. I'd still say this piece of human offal is a little better than the "scientist" warning about Christmas lights...at least he only killed 5 people...these morons are paving the way to enslave billions.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:51 pm

I thought you might enjoy this add from Goodyear:

And one from Bilbo's back yard:

And just because it's funny:
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:59 pm

The first one had to be British, the spelling ot tyres gave it away. They would never get that on American TV.

Second, I now will never trust truck run off ramps.

Third, what were they trying to do?
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:37 am

I never did trust those run offs. I went down Donner Pass once with almost no brakes, a little over 100mph with a full load on a 58ft trailer, and I still didn't use one...I figured I'd take my chances dodging traffic and trying to keep the truck upright rather than commit suicide by plowing into a pile of sand and gravel.

This is what happens when the brakes go in the city:

On the third one they were testing the safety of a new runaway ramp design... it would have helped if they had hit it, but at least they learned what a handful a runaway truck can be.
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:21 pm

Yeah I nver trusted runaway truck ramps as well. And one of the ones I seen looked like if you didn't slow down you would fly off of the cliff.

Also I had to drive my car with no brakes before (the lines ruputred (sp?)) and it made for a fun trip home. lol
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:23 am

Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:50 pm

Oh, I want one! It could go right by the edge of my yard near the neighbors deck! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bouncebounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

Male Number of posts : 505

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:02 pm

Dang thats crazy! im with sidewinder on this! I want one!
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:26 am

I just noticed this:

BilboBaggins wrote:
Cats are like Potato Chips, you can't just have one.

Bilbo, I know you said you love your cats...but I had no idea that you meant as a snack. clown
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:15 am

Taste like Chicken.

No I don't eat them, I'm not Alf.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:32 pm

Poor Fluffy... I miss ALF.
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:52 pm

Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:12 am

i know this is bilbo's thread but... i got a funny one...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081230/ap_on_re_us/banned_words

i was checking one of my uhh 6 no 7 email accounts... 2 gmail, 2 yahoo, 2 aol... 1 school... just for the heck of it...
but yeah the story is rather amusing...

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:21 am

"A St. Augustine red-light runner had a case of beer secured with a seat belt in the front seat -- and her 16-month-old daughter unrestrained in the back."--Well, you gotta have priorities.

"A diaper-clad monkey sitting on top of a wall near an Orange County condo threatened passers-by until police lured it into a cage with -- what else? -- a banana."--Or it could have just been Gary Coleman (btw, that's not a racial joke...he was arrested years ago for trowing bananas at a cop).

"A student hid behind a bookcase and urinated in a lunch box during class."--Anyone looking for an end of the year prank?

"Hillsborough County deputies say two men pulled a knife and gun on a Plant City man and stole his eggbeater."--Nope, can't add anything to that one.

This is the quote of the decade! ""If I see one more corporation declare itself 'green,' I'm going to start burning tires in my backyard," wrote Ed Hardiman of Bristow, Va."

</object>

Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:48 pm

another odd, one from Yahoo...

Bushes buy $485K china
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=11432032&ch=4226714&src=news

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:43 am

It's amazing the world some people live in, they could have bought these: Freaking Cheap Plates and saved about half a million.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:13 pm

sidewinder wrote:
It's amazing the world some people live in, they could have bought these: Freaking Cheap Plates and saved about half a million.

IKR, people should be spending a crap load on plates, come on yeah, the look nice, so you serve a dead duck on them, is it just me, or gold rimmed really old, and dead duck not mix??????? yeah nice stuff is cool, but $485K is overkill and they'll probally not even use them, just like spending $5000 on a dual engine solid block of aluminum for an RC, then having it sit on the shelf then in a year or two you sell it for $500... i don't get it....

the lug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.   News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

News ot the World, or Bilbo's Oddest Finds.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next