Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let it Snow

Go down 
+2
Micro-T Master
musclecar201
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Managed to get all my new chasis pieces expoxied and screwed together and made a plow for it. We are getting over here about 8-12 total, so on the first inch I went out and plowwed, worked very nice, I protected my electronics my wrapping the main part of the chasis with glad press and seal (yea ik 50 cents protecting about 50 bucks) dang good fun though hopefully tomorrow the roads will be clear with about an inch and I can have some fun, I will get pics of the plow but it broke off towards the end when I caught a lip on my driveway.

Let it Snow 000_1916\

Let it snow

Anybody else had any rc fun in the snow yet?
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:30 pm

Sweet deal! We just got a total of 16"!!!! And it drifted in areas so it was over 3' in places!!!

No fun for me, i had too much fun burning elctronics, rusting parts, and wasting bearings two years ago. All my 1/10th offroads have been winterized and set on blocks for now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:07 am

no fun for me yet, waiting on a new Al spur for the evader and too lazy to put the shocks on my B4....
and my savag uhhh well its back to standing on its own but is missing like half its screws and diffs...

the lug
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:16 pm

Forgot about the bearings! I greased them up and I'll clean them right after, I completely forgot they could rust!

We just finished with about 12 inches and still snowing and mor eon the way for sunday! So far my electronics are fine.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:58 pm

We just got another 3" with more on the way.
Right now its -29 With the wind chill!!! buhrrrr!!! pale
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:59 pm

Micro-T Master wrote:
We just got another 3" with more on the way.
Right now its -29 With the wind chill!!! buhrrrr!!! pale

Wow its not cold here but we are up to 15 inches and still sonwing for the res tof the day today, hopefully another snow day tomorrow too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:02 pm

LOL, i like snow, but hate it too, it means i make money, but it snows less often than the grass grows LOL!

Oh well, i applied for Jewel, so we will see what happens...
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:04 pm

Well I'm happy I made 10 dollars (so far from shoveling) 16 dollar bonus from my boss, and hopefully I can sell some o fmy xmod crap so I can go brushless on my propulse
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:17 pm

Nice!!!
I so far have gotten $60 from my parents (6x shoveling) and $60 from my neighbors (same)

Its good to make money, but id like to do less work for it LOL!
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:28 pm

It apperas snow has turned to rain uhoh...wouldn't we all like to work less for it but for me to make 120 at work it takes me 15 hours to earn that. I really need to pick up some heat shrink for my radline...its really a mess with all those wires everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:21 pm

What do you do for work?
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:03 pm

Work at the local pizza place washing dishes, hard job, but fun to work there.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:37 pm

Good thing its fun thoguh! Smile
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:42 pm

do u get a discount??if so then its a good job
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:17 am

Washing dishes isn't that hard, although it is a dirty job to have to do. There is always a job that is alot worst to do, eventhough it might be easy to do, it just isn't worth it.

As for a rc as a plow, I don't think that will work too good on the snow by me even if I had a 5ht scale car. But it does look like it would be fun.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:34 am

yeah i saw a vid of that a long time ago, and it worked kinda well but was pretty light so it got pushed around a lot

yeah i just take out the snow blower and trash (i'm pretty rough on it if its cold or i don't wanna do it...) it around till all the snow is bye bye, but yeah tho i think a RC like tractor with a snowblower mounted up could be a very good idea, just sit inside and do it from there...

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:59 am

Like this?6WD Snow Blower

Maybe this? RC Snow Blower
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:26 pm

evil3 wrote:
Washing dishes isn't that hard, although it is a dirty job to have to do. There is always a job that is alot worst to do, eventhough it might be easy to do, it just isn't worth it.

As for a rc as a plow, I don't think that will work too good on the snow by me even if I had a 5ht scale car. But it does look like it would be fun.

Who would you think it would work good enough in the snow, traction? Yea it doesn't take brains to wash dishes we do the odd weird jobs like scrapping the grease of the fryilator, not the funnest thing in the world. lol!

Sidewinder: I really want to see that RC Snow Blower in action, its a little big and bulky but you could sell it to the elderly and they could do it inside of their house!
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:18 pm

That is because I have a lot of snow by me all the time, and I also get lake effect snow so it is normaly a little heavier then what most people get.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:33 pm

evil3 wrote:
That is because I have a lot of snow by me all the time, and I also get lake effect snow so it is normaly a little heavier then what most people get.

Me and Reyzo have the same problem LOL!
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:37 pm

Almost, as you really don't get lake effect snow as the storm has to pass over the lake first. Although you do get a not of snow yet on the other side of the lake (but you do get a lot more wind then what I get).
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:42 pm

Ya, you shoulda seen the winds a week ago, there wernt anymore relator signs to be seen!
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:54 pm

lol no one is selling anything anymore. Although I did get that wind, I don't get as much as you guy's normaly.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:57 pm

Oh, over hre every other house has been on the market for at least months! Its crazy!
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:01 pm

We had that wind a week ago, the whole town was without power and we went through school with no power and we were in a state of emergency.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Let it Snow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let it Snow   Let it Snow Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Let it Snow
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next