Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Different Christmas Poem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-06-18

A Different Christmas Poem Empty
PostSubject: A Different Christmas Poem   A Different Christmas Poem Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:22 pm

As most can guess I do support our troops no matter where in the world they are deployed.

My father emailed this poem to me last year in text form. Now it has an A/V treatment.

Remember that our freedom has been paid for dearly by our soldiers since the berth of our nation.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: A Different Christmas Poem   A Different Christmas Poem Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:39 am

I think this is great, I imagine it must be hard for our guys overseas, not only because they are away from their families but it seems that the only news that goes out over the wire these days is negative. For these guys (and gals) to have the commitment to serve, in these troubled times, is quite frankly amazing. Thanks for sharing this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: A Different Christmas Poem   A Different Christmas Poem Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:31 pm

Especially during the holiday season it must be hard. However I do know a couple guys who came back from Iraq who want to go back to Iraq, after coming over here and seeing how the economy had dropped he couldn't even find a job.

I gotta say though I could never imagine being out there.
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: A Different Christmas Poem   A Different Christmas Poem Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:42 pm

I have a friend who is a Marine. He wanted to go back because his friends were over there. Marines don't like letting others fight when they fell they should be there fighting.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: A Different Christmas Poem   A Different Christmas Poem Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:17 pm

A friend I went to school with had just recieved his discharge a few months before the first Gulf War, he was recalled and had to go about a month before his first child was born. I always thought that had to be one of the toughest things I could imagine. He made it back safely and had a few years with his daughter before he managed to get himself killed in a experimental helicopter accident. Art was a good guy, I was so glad he didn't die before getting to know his daughter.

I just wonder how many people have to be overseas risking their lives while their children are little? It's a real commitment, these people are the proof that some people have escaped the culture of materialism.

I couldn't imagine doing most of the jobs they do. Right out of high school I tried get into the Airforce to fly jets, my test scores were high enough but my eyesight wasn't good enough. It had to be 20/20 uncorrected and my left eye was 20/30...I always regretted passing on joining and setteling for other service.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Different Christmas Poem   A Different Christmas Poem Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A Different Christmas Poem
Page 1 of 1