Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New ROAR Rulez!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

New ROAR Rulez! Empty
PostSubject: New ROAR Rulez!   New ROAR Rulez! Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:52 pm

New rules update from ROAR:

01/30/2009 LiPo Battery Specification Amendment

ROAR 1:8 LiPo Battery Specification Amendment. The 1:8 Electric Racing Classes are an emerging form of our sport. Our responsibility in ROAR Leadership Role is to outline a set of specifications which ensure a responsible growth and flexibility to leverage advancements based on the benefits they offer our users.

The Executive Committee, in accordance with our responsibility to ensure our Members, Organizers, and Affiliate Partners have access to provide the best Technology available for our members benefit, are issuing the following Revision to our 4S Battery Dimension Specifications. The change will allow our Affiliate partners to take advantage of a growing assortment of next generation LiPo cells for 1:8 Electric Racing, as well as the option using larger gauge wire in the assembly process. Rule 8.3.2.3.3. is revising the Hardcase Length dimension from 160mm to 165mm.

4S Hardcase LiPo Dimension Spec

Current Rule 8.3.2.3.3. Max Brick Style 4S Length: 160mm Width: 52mm Height: 52mm
Revised Rule 8.3.2.3.3. Max Brick Style 4S Length: 165mm Width: 52mm Height: 52mm

looks like there will be a moment of silence next year at the nats! As well as another well regulated and organizd event!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

New ROAR Rulez! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ROAR Rulez!   New ROAR Rulez! Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:00 pm

thats cool that they're laying out the rules and supporting the new class

the lug
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422

New ROAR Rulez! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ROAR Rulez!   New ROAR Rulez! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:24 pm

But none of the guys that currently race the class from when it started, don't like their rules on the class. Wink
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

New ROAR Rulez! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ROAR Rulez!   New ROAR Rulez! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:57 pm

evil3 wrote:
But none of the guys that currently race the class from when it started, don't like their rules on the class. Wink

Well i guss at the moment they are going to have to accapt and abide by the rules that are set...
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

New ROAR Rulez! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ROAR Rulez!   New ROAR Rulez! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:45 pm

Unlikely as they are going to go by some of the rules they were using before ROAR said we want the class to go this way.

Keep in mind my local outdoor track was one of the first places to run the e-8th scales, and they were talking with the guys who started the whole thing (racing wise) at rcprouductdesigns. Wink

Also most guys don't want to go out and buy a new batteries at a few 100 a pop.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

New ROAR Rulez! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ROAR Rulez!   New ROAR Rulez! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:47 pm

Your probably right, but if they want to go to the nats than they will have to give in at some point.
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

New ROAR Rulez! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ROAR Rulez!   New ROAR Rulez! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:51 pm

Yeah maybe they will, but really I don't care as I really don't like the e-8th scales, and I don't race them eventhough they are fun to drive.

I would much run the nitro cars lol
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904

New ROAR Rulez! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ROAR Rulez!   New ROAR Rulez! Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:32 pm

i dunno about e 1/8's give it time, i say and another year before we really start seeing full blown racing....

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

New ROAR Rulez! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ROAR Rulez!   New ROAR Rulez! Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:25 pm

I say probably anothe 2-3 years for the good technology and solid rules are out and somewhat affordable. 5-7 years for it to become a big class.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New ROAR Rulez! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ROAR Rulez!   New ROAR Rulez! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New ROAR Rulez!
Page 1 of 1