Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I "pede"...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

I "pede"... Empty
PostSubject: I "pede"...   I "pede"... Icon_minitime1Sat May 09, 2009 10:04 pm

Well - I just had to have one so I stopped at the local HS today and picked up a "pede". They had a blue XL-5 in stock that I had my eye on for awhile.

After running two packs thru it - the first being a mild motor break in - the second being a bit more aggresive, two things become apparent:

1) I think I understand the term "bashing" now...

2) As much as you may like this vehicle it tempts you to beat the daylights out it, because it allows you to do it and it's FUN!!!

The Bandit is fun in it's own right and geared to be a bit more faster but it's really only at home in the dirt - at least with the stock tires. I may pickup some Anacondas for it later on . The Pede on the other hand, calls home where ever you drive it for the most part which probably will make it my go-to all-season basher.

I'll be curious to see how long the tires last running on pavement 50% of the time.

I can't begin to imagine what a BL/LiPo combo would be like in one of these, but I'll probably lie in bed thinking about it tonight drunken

MM
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

I "pede"... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I "pede"...   I "pede"... Icon_minitime1Sat May 09, 2009 11:45 pm

Nice to see you added yet another to the fleet Very Happy

Have fun man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

I "pede"... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I "pede"...   I "pede"... Icon_minitime1Sun May 10, 2009 3:05 am

Sounds like you really have the bug...the stamped sounds like fun, and the nice thing is you can grind the tires away for a long time before you have to replace them if you're just bashing. on my old grasshopper two or three times I wore the tires out so badly that they actually split down the middle of the tire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

I "pede"... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I "pede"...   I "pede"... Icon_minitime1Sun May 10, 2009 8:08 am

Quote :
Sounds like you really have the bug...

Yeah, the outdoor off-road stuff is fun this time off year! This will probably be my last big purchase for while. I play in a blues/swing band and most of our gigs start in the spring; our first gig is next weekend so I guess all gig money will be passed along to "accounting" for a while Smile

How do you like your Bandit so far? Any opinions on the Traxxas BL set-up?

MM
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

I "pede"... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I "pede"...   I "pede"... Icon_minitime1Mon May 11, 2009 4:23 am

I haven't had much run time yet, I was helping a buddy set up his sons dirt Late Model and really messed up my back so standing for prolonged periods is out for a while. It's nothing new, I managed to rupture two discs and do some other soft tissue damage a few years ago, so by now I'm kind of use to it, and work around it. But, walking through a field on uneven ground is a bad idea at least for the next week or so. Getting old sucks...

...ok, maybe it woudn't if I hadn't tried to see how badly I could beat myself up on a regular basis when I was young.

So far I love the brushless, it has a lot of power, it seems like it's probably extending the run time, and if I get bored with it I can always up the voltage. I did think something was really wrong with it when it cut out on the first run, but then I realized had the low voltage protection on so it couldn't just run down.
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-11-29

I "pede"... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I "pede"...   I "pede"... Icon_minitime1Tue May 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Nice to see another pede lover on tehe forums and i hae been runnin my pede avg 1-2 times a day alot on pavment for coming up on a year and they are holding up amazing only have run brushed so far but planin on goin bl soon and rly the pede is one of the best trucks out there but im deff a trx fan
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

I "pede"... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I "pede"...   I "pede"... Icon_minitime1Wed May 13, 2009 4:11 am

I wasn't that impressed with the older Traxxas stuff, but today I became a fan of the newer stuff, big time.

The new gray wonder plastic is amazing, I managed to test it today... I found a place where the grass leading up to a paved parking lot would let me get the buggy in the air higher than my head (6'2"...some times 6'3" depending on who measures me) it took all of the abuse from the repeated jumps without any problems. Then I noticed that when cornering on the pavement under heavy throttle it would carry the inside front wheel like a sprint car...I was so impressed watching it carry the front end that I didn't notice how close I was getting to the basketball pole. According to Traxxas with the six cell pck and the gearing I'm running it was over 35mph head on into the pole. The chassis survived nicely, the wheel broke at the center and rolled away, the right front arm is done, as is the pin that holds it, Oh, and the rod end on the shock snapped...but other than that there was no damage. I was amazed, close to 40mph into a steel pole and it's only about $20 in damages.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

I "pede"... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I "pede"...   I "pede"... Icon_minitime1Wed May 13, 2009 10:05 am

I'd call that the pile-driver test! You should be working for U.L.

I often find myself watching the vehicle action too closely as well...which eventually leads to a butt-pucker moment Wink

Hope you can get er fixed soon!
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

I "pede"... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I "pede"...   I "pede"... Icon_minitime1Wed May 13, 2009 8:37 pm

sidewinder wrote:
I wasn't that impressed with the older Traxxas stuff, but today I became a fan of the newer stuff, big time.

The new gray wonder plastic is amazing, I managed to test it today... I found a place where the grass leading up to a paved parking lot would let me get the buggy in the air higher than my head (6'2"...some times 6'3" depending on who measures me) it took all of the abuse from the repeated jumps without any problems. Then I noticed that when cornering on the pavement under heavy throttle it would carry the inside front wheel like a sprint car...I was so impressed watching it carry the front end that I didn't notice how close I was getting to the basketball pole. According to Traxxas with the six cell pck and the gearing I'm running it was over 35mph head on into the pole. The chassis survived nicely, the wheel broke at the center and rolled away, the right front arm is done, as is the pin that holds it, Oh, and the rod end on the shock snapped...but other than that there was no damage. I was amazed, close to 40mph into a steel pole and it's only about $20 in damages.

ohh those are fun moments for sure.... or when the hit you in the back of the leg tho its bad when you intentionally wreck....

i think i heard that the grey plastic is just a new look not stronger or anything my i dunno i may be crazy.... Suspect

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

I "pede"... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I "pede"...   I "pede"... Icon_minitime1Wed May 13, 2009 8:51 pm

The gray plastic mentally is stronger because it looks cooler Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

I "pede"... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I "pede"...   I "pede"... Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2009 12:41 am

I don't know, I really expected to be replacing the main chassis but there's not even a stress mark.

It should be up and running in a week or so. I ordered everything except the shock, I can't believe they don't sell the bottom rod end part, they sell the bodies and the top caps, they even sell the piston rod, so they have to have the bottom available...but I can't find a part number or anything that even looks close. Arrghhhh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I "pede"... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I "pede"...   I "pede"... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I "pede"...
Page 1 of 1