Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Justification...?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Justification...? Empty
PostSubject: Justification...?   Justification...? Icon_minitime1Wed May 13, 2009 8:34 pm

Well, im sitting here now, looking at my options and how i should really spend my money this summer...

Heres my options:

1: RC8E-
RC8E roller- $380
Tekin RX8 esc/motor combo- $350
Servo- $100-150
Battery(s)- $150-250

$1105ish

2: Stock Mini E-Revo

$300ish

3: A first 1:1

My grandpa's 1997 grand marque with 60,000 miles, brand new tires and brakes- $500
Something more "appealing"- $1000+

What are you're thoughs guys?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Justification...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Justification...?   Justification...? Icon_minitime1Wed May 13, 2009 8:39 pm

get the mini e-revo and the car Very Happy'

or the real car...
and maybe look for a great deal on my FS thread...

the lug
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Justification...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Justification...?   Justification...? Icon_minitime1Wed May 13, 2009 11:32 pm

Get the car, as those cars are sleepers (if I remember right), and you will also have a ton of truck room for all of your rc gear. Also being that it only has 60k on it, then if you take care of the car you will have a very good car that will last a long time (the car I am driving has about 180k on it, and it so far has been running fine).

Then if you have soem case left over get the mini revo or some other car to play with.

To me the BL 8th scales have problems yet, so I don't think it is worth it to get one (that is what I think anyways)
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Justification...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Justification...?   Justification...? Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2009 12:49 am

The Grand Marquis probably has the 4.9 mod motor, very stout, very reliable. I've had two of them in Lincoln Mark VIIIs and not only do the make insane power with a few inexpensive mods but my current Mark VIII gets around 22mpg average unless I do a lot of in town driving. Plus it's a big car so if you do wreck you'll be safer than the little crap boxes "they" want everyone driving. Go for the freedom of being able to go where you want without having to borrow the parents car.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Justification...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Justification...?   Justification...? Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2009 3:34 pm

Can i ask what mods?

Ya, its the V8 version Very Happy Im more than halfway there, and its my grandpa's, so if i dont have enough money im sure we can work out a payment system...
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Justification...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Justification...?   Justification...? Icon_minitime1Thu May 14, 2009 5:15 pm

Go for a car, trust me, I have no regrets. Very Happy My neighbor has one of the Grand Marquis, looks like a nice car and my grandparents used to have one of the first ones, they lasted pretty long and were REALLY comfortable.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

Justification...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Justification...?   Justification...? Icon_minitime1Fri May 15, 2009 12:01 am

Micro-T Master wrote:
Can i ask what mods?

Ya, its the V8 version Very Happy Im more than halfway there, and its my grandpa's, so if i dont have enough money im sure we can work out a payment system...

I don't know how I typed 4.9, it should have been 4.6. Anyway, it depends on whether it's the 2 valve or 4 valve, if it's a 4V all of the SVT Cobra parts will work, but it's most likely the 2V which is cool too. A lot of 5.0 guys don't like them but they respond well to things like porting, polishing, even shaving the heads. Hot Rod just did a big write up on a $400 junkyard motor they pulled and added 160hp to. Hot Rod article here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Justification...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Justification...?   Justification...? Icon_minitime1Sun May 17, 2009 12:45 pm

Sweet, thanks for the info Very Happy Ill check if its a 4 valve, i cant remember...

I think im gona go and get a revo vxl and my grandpas grand marquis mainly because i will have the money for both Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Justification...? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Justification...?   Justification...? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Justification...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rc Addicts :: Site Chat-
Jump to: