Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MTM's FT T4!

Go down 
+3
MarkM
evil3
Micro-T Master
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Well i finnally got back home this monday to find a nice big package awaiting me at my doorstep Very Happy

Inside was a brand new in box factory team T4 truck with some extra sets of tires (anyone need some holeshots?)

So i spent about 8 hours over the next 2 days and went from a few bags of parts to this:

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0481

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0482

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0478

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0479

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0484

Well i got to drive about 2 5000mah lipo packs through it (about 40 minutes) with a 17.5 motor... I gotta say I'm glad i went associated. Its light and quick and responds fast and perdictably to steering inputs. It turns tight enough for me to run it on my backyard track lol! Cant wait till i get a 13.5 and start racing Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2008-07-10

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:52 pm

I can't wait untill I get to go to LHR and smoke you. lmao bounce

Anyways the truck looks good so far, but a tip on the ESC move it back so it is in about the same location as the Rx, and also if you have the solder posts to the back or the inside it will look a lot cleaner of an install. Keep in mind everyone who runs the T4 (includeing me runs the ESC near the back of the truck.

I would also recomend thumb screws for the battery strap. For one they are easier ot use, and being that there is more surface area it will also protect the CF strap from breaking by the bodyclip through the screw setup.

As for tires I know I can make use of hole shots. lol Also you killed those ifmar pins.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:15 pm

WOW! That's a really nice looking truck!!! I really like the paint and body too!

Any driving reports yet??

Can I assume this is 1/10th scale!?

Nice job there Master!
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:11 pm

Yes it is a 10th scale truck, and is the RC10T4 FT (Made by AE). In fact it is the same truck that I have (note the avatar).
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:55 pm

I noticed the pins on the rear are worn on the center of the tire...did they waer out already!?

The reason why I ask is I have little over a 1/2 gallon of nitro thru my relatively new RC10GT2, the pins are wearing quickly! My track is pretty much hard pack these days and it's becoming sort of a handful now LOL!

I was thinking of trying a pair of dirt hawgs - and comments?

My pins are wearing on the inside of my rears BTW. Maybe too much droop but it handles oretty well - not that I would know a good handling truck at this point ;-)

Althought I enjoy my 1/10th Traxxas stuff, the AE gear is really nice too, I love my RC10GT2, these look equally as nice!

Mark
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:15 pm

The tires on his truck are known for fast wear, and to an extent they are a 1 run tire then you need a new pair.

The wear is a factor of camber, so normally if it is down the center then that means that there is 0 degrees of camber. That is good for a stright line but is normaly bad for turns. I like to run -1* of camber (top of the wheel leans in) in the rear to aid in side bite, but not kill foward traction. Other times I will run -1.5* or -2* depending on the track and what not. If it is slightly off center then that is fine, but if it is way off on the inside then you have way to much camber.

So in your case if it is on the inside of the tire where it is worn, you can try running less camber so the tire wears closer in the center. Although when you run - camber then the tire will wear faster on the inside due to the fact that the tire is leaning a little. If you don't have a camber gauge and you want it to be 0* then you could use a square (used with wood working) on a level surface to set the camber to 0*, although it might want to flip over or spin out in turns.

As for what tires will work for you, if you plan on running on a track you will need race tires if you don't want to spin out all the time. Although if you know how to roll on the throttle then you could get around with slicks on loose dirt (I won't start on how if you are at the track that MTM will race his truck at as you could run slicks at times). So if you wanted to use dirt hawgs you can, but I would only use those for play like in the street or if you want to truely train yourself at rolling the throttle (although you will be very slow on the track).

Also with out knowing what your track is like, I can't really help you much with what tires will work, but dirt hawgs will not work.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:45 pm

Thanks E3! I'm not racing, just driving on my back yard track which is a twisty two foot wide path - very hard dried dirt with a soft dusty layer...sun-baked hard pack, mother natures concrete ;-)

Thanks for the heads up on the camber, it makes sense, it corners decent but grabbing too much throttle on the straight sections can get you in a tail-wag quickly!

I was practicing throttle feather tonight - I haven't really messed with the rate adjustments on the stock controller either - I should do that too.

Mark
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:09 am

I don't know what to tell you about tires but you can make a real difference in the way it hooks up if you give the track a light misting of water from a garden hose with a fine spray. If you don't overdo it the tires will bite better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:17 pm

thats a nice truck for sure

for the harder packed stuff maybe some holeshots, or something else with a lot of small pins in a hard compound

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:18 pm

evil3 wrote:
I can't wait untill I get to go to LHR and smoke you. lmao bounce

Anyways the truck looks good so far, but a tip on the ESC move it back so it is in about the same location as the Rx, and also if you have the solder posts to the back or the inside it will look a lot cleaner of an install. Keep in mind everyone who runs the T4 (includeing me runs the ESC near the back of the truck.

I would also recomend thumb screws for the battery strap. For one they are easier ot use, and being that there is more surface area it will also protect the CF strap from breaking by the bodyclip through the screw setup.

As for tires I know I can make use of hole shots. lol Also you killed those ifmar pins.

LMK when you can give me a real A$$ whoppin Razz

Ill shorten the motor wires a bit so they dont have to be coiled up when i move it back (less resistance too) but im gona keep the wires on the post in the same direction as that is the only way it fits comfortably in my T2 007 TC

Ill try to get my hands of the tumbscrews soon as my kit didnt come with them...

i know i killed them lol... I donated them to the pavement and my backyard track... As for holeshots i have one pair in good condition (95% life left) on front rims, one set in good condition (90% life left) on rears and they were made shorter in diameter. i also have one bnip from the kit... I would like to keep the kit rims though. PM me anyone if you want them and we can work something out afro

Thanks for the comments,
Kyle
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:31 am

@ MTM, the shorter wires will look nicer, as well as if each wire was one piece. Also it isn't in your TC, and really what you could do is leave the motor in the truck and just take the wires off of the ESC (lol, then you can have the wires ready to go and the right size, then just hook up the ESC as needed).

Yeah the thumb screws are an aftermarket iteam for the B4/T4, but they do make things easier, as well as hold a little better (I was lucky and didn't have to buy mine as they came with my TC5, but being that I use tape for the battery I put them on my T4 Razz )

As for the tires, I'm not sure they will work for me as they are not legal, Ok manly because I don't want to play around with gearing. lol

I will let you know when I can race there, but you need to be in the 13.5 class and not the rookie class, and even then I still might end up racing mod truck if that class runs. Although I do know I will race in the class that Doug Yunker races in (mod or 13.5), as that kid is the super stock (13.5) roar nat champ, and I would guess he will smoke just about everyone who races there. I also hope that I don't have my normal bad luck, as there are times where I could have a good run if I didn't have a switch turn off (or not turn on), used the right tires, etc. But I do have another issue that is problem if it doesn't get solved.

My issue however is right now I am having all kinds of issues as I am battling glitching issues, and if it get worst I might be able to race until I can get it fixed. I think it is in the ESC or the sensor wire, as I have used a 2nd Rx and it is still there. I will find out next race at the local track if it is a sensor wire or not (I did have one give me issues in the past at a series race, and I was thinking it was in the motor or some other crazy issues) as I will put my novak 13.5 back in (I normally run a trinity 8.5 and it has a replaceable sensor wire) to see if the glitching goes away or not. If not then it might be in the ESC or maybe both of my Rx's are bad. Whatever the case I hope it isn't the radio as I don't want to buy a new radio right yet. I am hoping that all I have to do is get a new ESC then later a new radio and a new li-po pack for my car. Also I want to get a real car (180K+ on a car to me isn't the best to make a hour and a half road trip as it has enough issues as it is (and I don't think it will make it to 200K))

One more thing, this isn't recommended, but if you find that your steering is lacking (truck isn't turning like it should) and/or is the 2nd or 3rd servo saver to strip out, then you might want to CA the thing together (be sure to hit it with a kicker as well). With the locked servo saver you will no longer have a servo saver (what gave that away lol), and the steering will be more precise and consentient. I run a locked servo saver (ok I don't even have one), as I use the GPM steering bit (not the whole rack), but you must use a plastic servo saver, and is normally better if you use high grade servo's.

Also sorry I slightly thread jacked this bit (not really as it is fun to talk about other things as well)

@ Mark, like lug said holeshots might work but those tires will die somewhat fast as well. Although they are nice they are on the fast side with wear. I think it your case gladiator (made by proline) might be a good tire; although they might be on the loose side they have a long life span. I have also used them in grass and they had enough grip but were free enough that they didn't cause too much resistance. Another tire that might work for you would be JConcepts Goosebumps (sp?). Other then that being that you are just playing there is no point in saying get race tires (that is what the JC's are), although they have a ton of grip with the right tire to surface they will normally wear really fast.
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:40 pm

You guys are fuc**** rich getting all these cars lolz

censored
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:40 pm

I know I'm not rich as I normaly only get 1 car a year (not sure how I manage that one), but right not I am down to only 1 and am using an Rx from one of the local racers. lol
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:35 am

Thanks E3 - I'll take a look at all of those...
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:52 pm

Here are some pics of my car at the 2009 SCT Showdown at Outback RC in Marengo IL:

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0042

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0043

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0044

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0045

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0046

My Pit:

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0029

Other Pics:

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0023-1

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0024-1

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0025-1

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0026

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0028

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0030

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0032

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0033

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0034

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0035

MTM's FT T4! SSPX0036
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:14 pm

nice pics, what setup are you running other than the tekin/novak? and how do you like it, durabilty wise pretty good, or meh?, i'm just being annoying cuz i may be getting one

the lug
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:48 pm

You over jumped that jump. lol

One day I hope I can meet up with you, although as it stands right now I havn't raced to even drove my cars since Aug.

Lug the T4 is a tough truck for the most part, and if I remember right you have a B4 that way you can use some of the same parts. I have been happy with my T4 for the 5-6 years that I have owned it/raced it. I would say the most costly break I had with it was when I nailed a board (the edge, not the main face) and broke the front a-arm and snaped a Ti turnbuckle (one of the lunsford ones).
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:40 pm

yeah that i do, and i'm truely impressed by the durabilaty, i just was wondering if it was carried over to the longer armed T4.
thanks

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:42 pm

Welp, so far I've broken a front carbon arm and castor block... not bad...

Im running a jr 590mg servo and my trusty dx3s... with a 5000mah 2s lipo Wink

Looking foward to indoor Smile
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:21 am

Not bad so far, but really the carbon a-arms aren't needed (nice on the high grip tracks, but really the plastic arms work great). Also you use the same servo that I use ($40 is cheep for how good that thing is, but don't blow one up).

I too want to race, but it is harder then it should be right now (but on the bright side, it can't get worse for rc racing right now).

I wish you luck at making some fast laps, and maybe you will get a win or 2 (or at lease make the a-main).
Back to top Go down
fieldfairy2
Rc enthusiest
fieldfairy2

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-06-14

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:19 pm

That is not bad at all, only 2 broken parts. It looks like it is a lot of fun and fast too.

Where are you racing indoor with the t4?
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:13 pm

I have a friend close by me who has offered to take me up to trackside with him every now and then Smile

Thanks Evil Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MTM's FT T4! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTM's FT T4!   MTM's FT T4! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

MTM's FT T4!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rc Addicts :: 1/10th RC :: Creations-
Jump to: