Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STRIKE!!!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

STRIKE!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: STRIKE!!!!!!!   STRIKE!!!!!!! Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:25 pm

So what are peoples thoughts on this new addition to the rebirth of 1/10's is it a hit or a miss??? I'm gunna say hit, while it does have a High Roller Base i think it moves away from it as well so that losi really has put out a pretty new truck, i like the inboad motor deal, kinda like the X6 i think it was converstion for a B4, i also really like the tires those look like they'll really hook up on some loamy soft dirt, and be good on harder packed stuff too, tho the body is kinda in your face i do like it, tranny was a duh being all MG, and good call on the esc and all i think if it handles good and people can run it with slash's and losi gets it out there, then we may have a sweet class getting lined up, becuase yeah AE did kinda bring a more racey additude towards slashracing which imo isn't what its about...

some pics

STRIKE!!!!!!! LOSB0105-ACT1

STRIKE!!!!!!! LOSB0105-ACT2

STRIKE!!!!!!! LOSB0105-ACT3

STRIKE!!!!!!! LOSB0105-GAL9

STRIKE!!!!!!! LOSB0105-GAL2

all pics from www.losi.com

the lug
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422

STRIKE!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: STRIKE!!!!!!!   STRIKE!!!!!!! Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:29 am

The slashes were big because of racing. Wink Really if people didn't race them I don't think there would have been as many sold. Think about that, why whould a race company make a truck if there wasn't a fair sized race program going on for the class (AE has never started trends, instead they like to do what is big on the track when they come out with a new car (hence most of their cars are top of the line race cars)).

AE came out with a race version truck, but at the same time like traxxas used many parts that they had laying around the shop so that is why it is more of a race truck, as it is based off of the T4. The slash was based off of a rustler (I think) so both use what they had with to an extent a differnt chassis.

The losi in no way can race, as it is not legal for racing for the roar SC class. Also it wouldn't be ran in the slash spec class as that is a slash only class.

Ok for bashing only (as that is all it is able to do as it isn't legal for racing), but that is going to hurt sales as you can't truly race it, and the fact that it has a relabled traxxas motor doesn't mean it will race with the slashes.

Also AE didn't go off of what slash racing is about, but because of the fact that it is just a longer T4 then that means that it will out drive the slash. But I don't think that is what is killing the class, as I think it is pro-line and jconcepts as they have tires that are no longer low grip shoes, instead they have tires that are made of their soft compounds and are based off of their race tires. So if you want to race say the SC10 then it will be in the roar sc class, with a 17.5 BL motor, etc., and is also where the losi will have to race in.

A spec class is where only 1 chassis, 1 motor, 1 tire, and in some case 1 type of battery is used (some places leave it somewhat open, and others make you run a cheap stick pack ni-mh), and there is normaly only set-up changes allowed for the car. So with that in mind losi doesn't have a clue anymore as you can't make a car to race in a spec class as the spec class is only for the slash, and it is unlikely that there will be a losi spec class as not that many people are a losi fan, so if they were smart they should have made a car that was legal for the sc class, but hey hirozen has been running the losi name into the ground so good for them for a failure.

There are some of my thoughts as to what I think.

Also lug the X6 is the mid motor conversion for the B4 that is made by X-factory, and the X-60 is the mid motor T4 (yes they have a truck now to), and their other car is the X-5 that is the XX-4 (one of the best 4wd cars for a rough track), and the xxx-4. Also on a side note the owner did some annoucing at a race that I went to a few months ago durring the mains.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

STRIKE!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: STRIKE!!!!!!!   STRIKE!!!!!!! Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:55 am

I like the idea of a basic 2wd truck in 1/10 scale that looks bad. I think it would make a good basher and even if you never race it, it could still be a lot of fun. The nice thing about the 2wd is that it makes it a lot easier on the novice, there's less stuff to break, the cost is usually cheaper because of the less breakage, and you get a tough toy that can maybe some day get you into the idea of finding a race track to play at. All in all, I'd say that they're on the right track.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904

STRIKE!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: STRIKE!!!!!!!   STRIKE!!!!!!! Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:53 am

i didn't know it wasn't legal in the SC class that was just strait up stupid of losi....
yeah i also wasn't 100% on the rules of SC racing but i thought one of the big deals was you're car didn't have the best geometry. so the sc10 may out handle the slash... just my thingks...

the lug
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

STRIKE!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: STRIKE!!!!!!!   STRIKE!!!!!!! Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:41 pm

I like the look of it its looks like a beast
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Sponsored content

STRIKE!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: STRIKE!!!!!!!   STRIKE!!!!!!! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

STRIKE!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rc Addicts :: 1/10th RC :: Starting Out-
Jump to: