Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

any golfers out there?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

Male Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2008-06-17

any golfers out there? Empty
PostSubject: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:30 am

I'm pretty big into golfing and am currently using some old clubs that my grandfather gave to me. I'm wanting to get a new driver and am really liking the Taylormade R5 and R7 (the R9 is just too expensive), but if you know of any other good drivers, please let me know!
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:56 am

Boy - I like the idea of golfing, I mean I wish I was good at it! Everytime I go out after a long absence from doing it, I actually do pretty good. Then I think, wow I really enjoyed that!

So I go out again and everything falls apart - a total consistency problem...I'm more like Tiger IN the Woods LOL!

Sorry...didn't mean to hi-jack your post...the only good driver I know anything about is Matt Kenseth <wink>

The brother-in-law mentioned that I should bring my clubs when we go on family vacation this year...I plan it on it - I just hope I don't injure anyone! ;-)

Nice to see some of the younger gen's getting into it - good for you sk8r!
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:23 am

Lol thanks man. and trust me you aren't the only one with consistency problems lol, I seem to find myself in the woods more often then on the fairway also lol but I'm taking some lessons from my stepdad who is very good at golfing
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:41 pm

i likes to go goofing too but havn't been in over a year... No i am half decent but lack consitancy as well, tho i'm good with my 5 wood i've hit 200+ into the wind with it, my 1 and 3 i don't hit nearly that far with, with any sorts of consitancy, me putting is idk but it wasn't good last time i went and i havn't done squat with a club since soo....

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:04 pm

Lol at least there are some other people out there that golf, because I'm one of the few in my family that actually golfs lol
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:59 pm

yeah well my dads(tho he's only been to the rang) wrists are shot (he did a lot of lumbering in his earlier years) so he can't, sisters hips are now on the mend due to overuse so she's outta the picture then mom messed up her shoulder lifting something tho idk that the story is with that, so i havn't been in like a year maybe 2 idk... but i wanna go so my GF is gunna be my excuse... i mean i'm going to help improve her game,

yup the some of my cousins gofl as well i got a uncle, and i think thats it tho...

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:30 am

HAHHA i'im going golfing TODAY Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:35 pm

Lol let me know how it goes!! I might be going tomorrow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Major into golf, play on 2 different teams (highschool and town league). usual golf 3-4 times a week.

If your looking for a driver go with a taylormade burner. I got mine with a fairway wood all for 150 dollars. Wonderful clubs, With that I got some acuity irons.

All I need to do is fix my slice on my driver and I'll be cruisiin.

I would say no to the r7, kid I played with broke the head right off...
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:57 pm

Dang lol the burner was the first driver I looked at and right now it's between the burner and nike sumo. I'm gonna try to get to the sporting goods store that starts with a D (it won't let me type out the whole name lol) and test a few drivers.
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:28 am

You guys are crazzy, golf isn't all that fun to do. lol now mini golf is fun, but only when the course is made right.

All I know is hooking at some one that is taking their swing is a lot more fun then playing golf. lmao
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:42 am

I love golf, there's just something about it that I just enjoy. What a Face
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:45 pm

I agree. I went to a play today and shot a 98 for 18 and a low of 45 on the front 9. Drives were all straight but it was my first time at this place so not to shabby.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:21 pm

cool beans i was pretty rusty and inconsistant probs cuz i hadn't played for i think its 2 years now... yeah it is... or close to it... i banged a few out to 200 with my 5 wood (i can't hit worth crap with my 1 and 3) tho i was hooking them to the left a tad, but i broke out a few irons and was wacking 150 with my 4 time and time again, strait as an arrow...

my hands hated me after that i ended up with 4 blisters 2 per hand... tho one was really small on my right thumb tho first time in two years and i went thru 2 large buckets of balls idk how many but it took around an hour or so... hitting almost one after another... so prob around 75... idk...

85 on 18 epps the best i've done is 60 on a 9 hole... i've only ever shot 1 par and a 3 par i is a nnoooobers...

the lug
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:29 pm

The brother-in-law and I did 9 while on vacation this week up north. It's been ten years since I golfed but I REALLY enjoyed it! We're planning on going out again soon.

I shot a 65 and had some issues with my iron game but the good news is no people or animals were harmed during this duffing session ;-)

MM
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:59 pm

good for you glad you had fun you lucky duck...

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:28 am

Lol thats awsome lol good to hear you're liking it! I know I do!
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:06 am

high school tryouts today, wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:13 am

good luck and have fun Smile
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:36 pm

I went out for nine last night - had a 47 going into the last hole but it was too dark to see what I was hitting anymore LOL!

Had great fun it was the best course I've been on for 11 bucks!

We walked the 9 we played was called "The Rolling Hills"....when I hit the bricks last night, I slept like a rock!
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:17 am

I made the team! Shot a 49 at one of the premier courses in my area, probably could've done better but I was shakin in my shoes. bounce

Mark that is probalby one of the best things to do after a game of golf, just sleep.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:55 pm

Hey Congrats MC201!!!!!

As we say up here...good on ya!
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:01 pm

ima goin mini golfing working the short game WOOT WOOOT!!!

then dinner and a movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfSH2IqUSUY

the lug
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:22 pm

I've been playing 6 of 14 on my team and lately i've schored 54 53 48 and 49. I wish to get in the mid 40's. my teams 1-3 now we played the top 2 teams in the state first 2 games...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any golfers out there?   any golfers out there? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

any golfers out there?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rc Addicts :: Site Chat-
Jump to: