Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Micro T is growing up.

Go down 
+2
musclecar201
sidewinder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

My Micro T is growing up. Empty
PostSubject: My Micro T is growing up.   My Micro T is growing up. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:24 am

I was in a Dollar General store the other day and I saw a really cheap RC that had a great body in 1/24 scale, or at least close. I thought maybe if I stretched a Miro T it would make a cool project. But I resisted, why spend the money when I have two projects in the works right now anyway? The, latter I was at the LHS and noticed they had some Micro Raminator wheels in the sale bin...I realized they would work great with the body from the Dollar store...SO, I have the chassis mocked up in styrene. It will be a pattern for a Lexan chassis, or maybe aluminum. I haven't decided, if I go lipo and brushless then the extra weigh of the aluminum would probably help to keep the thing planted, but for now I'll just go with what I have and use the lexan. Probably???

Anyway, Pictures:

the first plate, not trimmed, just to see if the wheelbase was right:

My Micro T is growing up. IMG_2104

Next the top plate (note that the bottom plate is trimmed narrower):

My Micro T is growing up. IMG_2122

My Micro T is growing up. IMG_2127

I was woried about getting high-centered, and was thinking of making a raised chassis like on the High Roller, but I think this will be ok the wat it is:

My Micro T is growing up. IMG_2126

I suppose you're wondering what the body is...I'll just leave it as a tease for now:

My Micro T is growing up. Notyet

Well, that's all for now, I have an Xmod I'm working on too...I was going to get some pics of it up today but this build got me sidetracked so it will have to wait until I have the time to make it worth looking at.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: My Micro T is growing up.   My Micro T is growing up. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:27 am

Ha I already know what body it is, but I wont tell. Is it a diecast body or a plastic modelish body.
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: My Micro T is growing up.   My Micro T is growing up. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am

That's cool i need to make like a high rolling micro t lol and go brushless/lipo

btw musclecar pm me
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
bar321
RC Pro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: My Micro T is growing up.   My Micro T is growing up. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:56 am

NICE i want a micro im just broke >.< even tho i have over 1k posts on a micro t site i aint got one >.<
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: My Micro T is growing up.   My Micro T is growing up. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:26 pm

lol that is sucky oh well you should get $75 real quick and buy one
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: My Micro T is growing up.   My Micro T is growing up. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:27 pm

I thought musclecar might have seen it on another forum, maybe one or two others as well. It's a plastic body, pretty lite and flexible...which will make it hard to find paint sine the paint needs to flex too.

Bar suprised me, I didn't know there was a Micro T site...I guess I should have figured there was, but I never even thought of it.

If you watch ebay sometimes you'll find micro t's listed in the "toy RC' section by people who don't know what they have. I found one listed as "toy RC truck" with no gallery picture. I won the bid at $5.53 with $10 shipping. It was in pretty good shape, the battery was dead, but everything else was ok, it was in with a bunch of stuff that some woman was selling because her son didn't play with it anymore.
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: My Micro T is growing up.   My Micro T is growing up. Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:04 pm

You should be fine with any paint, even if the body flex if you prep it will it should come out fine. It just takes 6 months to fully cure. Also try some of teh krylon spray cans with chip resistance for plastic. I heard it works good but doesn't give a very good paint job.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: My Micro T is growing up.   My Micro T is growing up. Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:32 am

I've had some luck with the Krylon Fusion in the past because it penetrates the plastic, I just wish they made it for an airbrush instead of in a rattle can. The paints that are made for lexan RC bodies work good on poli-plastics but it's very soft and scratches easily. I may try dying the body so that I only have to paint a small section.
Back to top Go down
joeyblaze
RC Addict Staff
joeyblaze

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-10-19

PostSubject: Re: My Micro T is growing up.   My Micro T is growing up. Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2009 3:05 pm

dont tease
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: My Micro T is growing up.   My Micro T is growing up. Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2009 5:52 pm

Opps, sorry Joey, I got the body sitting on the chassis, did a few test runs and realized that wit the chassis stretched this much it needs more ground clearance...so back to the drawing board.

My Micro T is growing up. Truck7
My Micro T is growing up. Truck5
My Micro T is growing up. Truck9
My Micro T is growing up. Truck8
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: My Micro T is growing up.   My Micro T is growing up. Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2009 7:17 pm

0o0o0oo0oo0o0o0o0o0o0o0o looks nice
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: My Micro T is growing up.   My Micro T is growing up. Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2009 9:58 pm

Me likey! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Micro T is growing up.   My Micro T is growing up. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My Micro T is growing up.
Page 1 of 1