Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Traxxas Bandit VXL

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

New Traxxas Bandit VXL Empty
PostSubject: New Traxxas Bandit VXL   New Traxxas Bandit VXL Icon_minitime1Sat May 02, 2009 5:03 pm

Just got the Bandit delivered yesterday and of course it was raining...supposed to rain all week. :mad: anyways, since the brushless isn't waterproof I decided not to risk it. Then a few minutes ago I noticed that it had dried out enough that the streets were water free :-D (weather forecasters suck btw) so I thought I'd give the buggy it's maiden run on a combination of my driveway and the street. Our town put in rounded curbs about a decade ago so I have some cool little ramps provided thoughtfully by the town.

Anyway, have I mentioned that I have one very well established talent? That's the talent to break things in ways no one else has ever done. I took the buggy out and was impressed with how fast it is on just a little 7.2v stick, plus with the limited room it added a lot to the fun... Apparently the steering trim was off a little, because there's just no way I could have steered it full speed over that sunken storm drain Rolling Eyes I managed to launch the little buggy into a barrel roll that would have made any NASCAR fan wince...not bad when it's done in the dirt, but on pavement it tends to break things. To my complete surprise, even though it had come down from maybe four or five feet in the air and landed directly on the side of left front wheel, nothing was broken. This was one of the harder tumbles I've ever seen...and it was intact. Very Happy So I decided to head up the other direction, it turned right fine but when I went to turn left nothing...when I picked it up the steering was jammed so badly that it wouldn't move in either direction. I couldn't see anything wrong so I took it inside to tear it apart...i tiny piece of slag (like they use on the roads when it snows) maybe the size of BB was stuck under the steering link. Of course as soon as I took it out the steering worked fine. I truely believe this is something that only I could have managed.

Now if the fields would just dry out I could give this thing a real break in.

I'll get some picture up of the buggy soon, nothing special, so far the only mod is new rear springs Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: New Traxxas Bandit VXL   New Traxxas Bandit VXL Icon_minitime1Sun May 03, 2009 1:10 am

I take it you live in the Eastern USA? lol

Yeah all that rain sucks, but now I don't have to worry about it, so I am happy. lol
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: New Traxxas Bandit VXL   New Traxxas Bandit VXL Icon_minitime1Sun May 03, 2009 2:01 am

Speak of the devil...I just read a post about you on bitpimps. Crazydave was upset because some people really hated truck body he'd painted but he said you cheered him up because you'd said you liked it and he really respects your paint work. Just thought I'd mention it.

Yeah, I live in North Central Ohio...so rain is not an unusual thing. The thing that really kills me is that a buddy whos son has one of my old late models is having trouble setting it up and I was going to help him this weekend and both tracks are under water. So almost no RC time and no 1:1 track time...but I did get to see X-Men origins. bounce Stupid rain. No
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: New Traxxas Bandit VXL   New Traxxas Bandit VXL Icon_minitime1Sun May 03, 2009 4:58 pm

trx 1/10s are tuff but if u upgrade to rpm arms make sure to get titanium shock shafts i dident and i gotta go tare down my pedes rear shocks nnow the shaft was bent so much i couldent get it outta the shock without bending it bak a bunch o ya and PICS
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: New Traxxas Bandit VXL   New Traxxas Bandit VXL Icon_minitime1Mon May 04, 2009 5:44 am

Yeah I think some upgrades ae in this things future... I'll try to find some time this week to get some pictures.Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Traxxas Bandit VXL   New Traxxas Bandit VXL Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Traxxas Bandit VXL
Page 1 of 1