Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Traxxas to start BL Upgrade Program...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Traxxas to start BL Upgrade Program... Empty
PostSubject: Traxxas to start BL Upgrade Program...   Traxxas to start BL Upgrade Program... Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:22 am

I was talking to my local HT USA owner today who just got back from the HT convention. He said Traxxas just (this week maybe) announced that they will start an upgrade program to go from Traxxas brushed systems to Velineon BL systems, similiar to the nitro engine upgrade program.

No details yet but rumor has it that you could save up to 30 bucks or more by trading in your XL-5 system for the Velineon system.

Just thought I'd give everyone the heads-up...it sounds like a pretty decent deal to me.

He mentioned that speed controls get sent to the factory first, however, to verify that they work before you get to upgrade at the special price. Don't quote me on that though, like I mentioned, details are still sketchy...keep an eye on the Traxxas site or corner your local Traxxas dealer about it.

News you can use!

MarkM
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas to start BL Upgrade Program...   Traxxas to start BL Upgrade Program... Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:30 am

Sounds great Mark, I'll be watching to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas to start BL Upgrade Program...   Traxxas to start BL Upgrade Program... Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:57 pm

I was at my local HT USA this weekend...they are taking in XL5 and Titan units in on trade now for the Velenion ugrade...about $130.00 bucks with trade in. I guess the units don't even have to work!

As the old saying goes "Your mileage may vary" but this is the deal on the table at my local HT USA.

Based on what I paid for my first VXL upgrade, it's a pretty good deal IMO.

Happy motoring!

MM
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas to start BL Upgrade Program...   Traxxas to start BL Upgrade Program... Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:56 pm

yeah tho personally i'd still go for the a SW combo over a vxl... more power to ya, and castle link can't be beat...

but hey its a good system no doughts there just like HPI's engine exchange...

the lug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas to start BL Upgrade Program...   Traxxas to start BL Upgrade Program... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Traxxas to start BL Upgrade Program...
Page 1 of 1