Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

fieldfairy2's mini late model

Go down 
+4
bar321
BilboBaggins
sidewinder
fieldfairy2
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
fieldfairy2
Rc enthusiest
fieldfairy2

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-06-14

fieldfairy2's mini late model Empty
PostSubject: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:21 pm

This is the car i have been working on. The H-Crawler needs parts to actually move any farther. The track car needs a good motor can...

Update:

Just some shots of what it is now.

fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0211
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0212
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0213
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0214
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0215
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0216
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0217
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0218
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0219
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0220
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0221
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0209
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0210

Upgrades:
-mamba micro pro(5400kv)
-losi ball diff
-dual disk slipper
-silver heatsink for the 5400kv
-Exotek LM PRO Chassis(Carbon fiber:o )
-hs85mg with a custom servo saver/horn
-titanium turnbuckles
-MIP CVDS
-Had aluminum rear hubs (bearing got messed up and i can't get the bearing out so i got one plastic and 1 alum.)
-Late model Shock w/100wt(that's what came stock so i stuck with it, i'll need to look into some better weight)
-custom drivers nerf bar(the exotek chassis didn't have holes for it)
-14t and 16t alum pinion gear(16t on )
-street meats rear

thanks

these are the latest pics. The older ones are just it when it was stock(didn't add them)
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:44 am

Looks great to me! But then I'm a little biased when it comes to what should be raced in the dirt. Laughing

If you're looking for a paint scheme this was a friends car back in 2001...it has a little history. Very Happy As I typed that I realized I'm probably the only one here who gets the reference. Oh well, if you're curious just google "eldora" "million" Dresden Ohio"

fieldfairy2's mini late model MoranDonnie_2001_EldoraMillion-490x
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:49 am

Dresden, Ohio.

Isn't that where they have the building shaped like a basket (Longaberger Headquarters).
Back to top Go down
fieldfairy2
Rc enthusiest
fieldfairy2

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:04 am

I am looking into a new body for it by Mcallister racing. It is an Impala body. Should be stronger than the stock thing.

I may change the colors but it looks like a good paint scheme.

I race with Micro-T Master. Now both are cars have some more upgrades. We will see who is gotten better. He has 4wd and i have 2wd....
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:49 pm

fieldfairy2 wrote:
I am looking into a new body for it by Mcallister racing. It is an Impala body. Should be stronger than the stock thing.

I may change the colors but it looks like a good paint scheme.

I race with Micro-T Master. Now both are cars have some more upgrades. We will see who is gotten better. He has 4wd and i have 2wd....

Nope, never heard of it. Laughing

fieldfairy2's mini late model Longabergerbaskets

It's also the home of Donnie Moran, owner of the Muskingum County Speedway...oh, and the only diver in history to win a million dollars in one dirt late model race. That picture was taken while he was waiting for his heat race.

Fieldfairy2, I prefer 2wd handling, but the 4wd will probably get better traction on the straights. You best bet will be to try to get in front of him coming off of the turns so he has to back off or hit you. Set up the car so it has a slight push going in and then power it out from about mid point in the turn.
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:00 pm

..... is it just me or does any one else think there should be a picnic in that building lol
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:22 pm

Maybe a giant blanket on the ground instead of a lawn.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:53 pm

Just my two cents here, but I like to give kudos to those who deserve it...I recently bought a Nissan GTP body from McAllister...great body, great price and super nice folks, they even threw a Dum Dum Lolipop in the box.

As that old eBay saying goes...Will do business again!

Very nice looking chassis BTW!

Mark
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:20 am

Mcallistaer does have some cool stuff, I think they are the only company that has more than one style late model body.
Back to top Go down
fieldfairy2
Rc enthusiest
fieldfairy2

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 am

Thanks guys. I should be getting the body through my lhs though. Great to hear about that MarkM.

I like 4wd better but if you can drive 2wd it is a faster track car.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:09 pm

Uhm... actually, I can't drive either - fast ;-)
Back to top Go down
fieldfairy2
Rc enthusiest
fieldfairy2

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Update:

I made a protective cover for the bottom of the chassis and it goes from the front to the back then nerf bar to nerf so dirt and rocks don't fly up into the chassis.

I needed a way to keep the battery from flying up so i took the stock battery bar and drilled and cut it a little then took the front bace(above servo) off and screwed some antenna holder that came with the kit into it. I used the dremmel to cut the other side of the antenna holder so i could mount a body clip . The xmod bushing under it is so there is no wobble and the battery is more secure.

Otherwise i started to mount the receiver and another little ridge(so the battery doesn't wobble back and forth with tape to the chassis.

fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0226
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0227
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0228
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0229
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0230
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0231

Left to do:

Just mount the esc and start tuning!

possibly a new body as well.:nod:

the last 2 pics i tried to get fancy

thanks
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:17 am

Looks really good. Did you run it in stock condition before you began to mod it? If so, it will be interesting to see what kind of difference there is after the build, it should be pretty noticeable.
Back to top Go down
fieldfairy2
Rc enthusiest
fieldfairy2

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:34 am

I got this for the Holidays, this year. I ran it stock but had a bad TX from factory and sent in the TX and got a new Tx back in 6days.(pretty good fro Horizon Hobbies). When it was brand new i could get the tires to squeal(sp?). I loved it. Then the Ball Diff and DDS, and giftcards started to come. Then it was the Mamba Micro pro. New rear tires then this package.

I finished it last night and was able to get about 4 mins outside. With whatever the battery had. (i used the battery to test the servo and all sorts of stuff before it was put together).

I did the toe-in and camber by eye before i went out. It handles alot better. I did a slalom(winter olympics stuff, between cones, sp?, lol) It didn't slip or spin out very easily. I may need to work on the springs a tad but it is good.

The motor with the 16t was a lot better i got traction faster and was able to have better acceleration along with the Castle Link. I heard a clicking for some reason when i let off the throttle i believe it was the plastic CF cover hitting some rocks. I think i may need to check the gearbox and gear mesh but all is well. A good full battery pack today will fiqure is out. Since the CF Cover goes all the way to the nerf bars it does get rid of noise. When you turn on the car the Mamba Micro Pro sounds beeps to say it is on along with lights. I could barely hear it. I may need to do some cutting to the body or to the cover to get some more air in there. The esc has never gotten warm yet so it may be fine.

thanks lol
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:45 am

It IS a mighty nice looking chassis and build! What scale is this - sorry but I'm still a bit noobish (and old) LOL!

Mark
Back to top Go down
fieldfairy2
Rc enthusiest
fieldfairy2

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:35 pm

Thanks, this is a 1/18th scale. This should be more of 1/16th-1/14th. They are longer and have little longer wheelbase than the new Mini Revo's
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:34 pm

Looking good man! That thing was fast stockish, but now me and my m18B are getting a bit scared lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
fieldfairy2
Rc enthusiest
fieldfairy2

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:32 pm

Thanks man. Just wait till Sunday(12th). You will be at the races?I should have this thing working at its best. You better be scared. I have a little tweaking to do. the hs-85mg is is so much faster for steering Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:22 pm

I dono, i've got a party the night B4 which should be big... then my m18b's diffs are toast and i have no idea if i have the funds to fix them, pay for racing, and my girlfriend wants to see a movie this week Rolling Eyes Then i have to save money for a nice 13.5 motor for the T4, and on top of that half of my money needs to be goin to a 1:1 LOL... So the 12th is questionable atm... Worst comes to worst maby ill stop by and watch Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:17 am

I was about to suggest a movie, but then I realized it would be a little age inappropriate for you and your girlfriend.

Anyway, what movie does she want to see?
Back to top Go down
fieldfairy2
Rc enthusiest
fieldfairy2

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:18 pm

Okay. I understand. The money game. Not very fun. Have fun whatever you do.
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:43 pm

I <3 all the carbon fiber is the stock chassis plastic? or carbohn fiber because i wouldve thought it wouldve been plastic
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
fieldfairy2
Rc enthusiest
fieldfairy2

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:20 pm

The stock chassis is a plastic of some kind. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
fieldfairy2
Rc enthusiest
fieldfairy2

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:04 pm

Update:

Went to the races last weekend and finished 1 of 2 races. The first race i got second behind 3 laps from leader and 3rd place was 6 laps behind the leader so there was a big gap. I am the wrecking ball. I am the heaviest vehicle out there(1lb 10.1oz). Anything that touches me flies in the other direction. The second race my servo wasn't centering right since i flipped right at the beginning of the race. I stopped since i couldn't drive like that. I remember the Exotek instructions saying that the hs85mg servo should use the Xray m18t servo saver so i picked up the servo saver. That helped some but wasn't good enough. I then ordered a Driven Productions Draglink. I just got done installing it and it helps alot to. It doesn't center perfect when i turn right but it does when i turn left. I fixed about 90-95% of the problem.

in short:

-Got a Xray m18t servo saver
-DP Draglink
-cleaned and tried to make my CF Chassis cover have no gaps for grass to get in.
-remounted switch and esc with thicker, stronger 2x sided tape.

fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0252
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0253
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0254
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0255
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0256
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0257
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0258
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0259
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0260
fieldfairy2's mini late model IMG_0261

The Chassis cover pic is just to show the scratches in once 5min race.

Thanks
fieldfairy2
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

Male Number of posts : 505

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:56 am

Awsome looking late model you got there man! I'm liking the carbon fiber and mamba combination, they seem to work well together Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fieldfairy2's mini late model   fieldfairy2's mini late model Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

fieldfairy2's mini late model
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next