Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

E revo homemade chassis

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

Male Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2008-06-17

E revo homemade chassis Empty
PostSubject: E revo homemade chassis   E revo homemade chassis Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:44 pm

So this is my latest poject... I am making this prototype out of lexan plastic, If I can make this work correctly I will be making a final copy out of carbon fiber sheets. I started out by measuring the stock chassis and battery compartments and my imagination took off from there creating this...

E revo homemade chassis DSC_0735
E revo homemade chassis DSC_0738
E revo homemade chassis DSC_0737
E revo homemade chassis DSC_0736
E revo homemade chassis DSC_0739

The posts for the battery compartment are made of aluminum shock bodies from my 4-tec. theyy have a bolt and screw going through the middle to cennect them. I had to add some spacers on the shocks for the batteries to fit. There are a couple of other small snags that are an easy fix but the biggest problem that I have yet to figure out is how to make the whole chassis stable, I was thinking maybe a type of tube system that I could run on the top and bottom to help with the sturdiness but Im not sure about that one so if you have any ideas, comments, or tips please feel free to post!

Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: E revo homemade chassis   E revo homemade chassis Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:41 am

maybe some aluminum L braces going around the edges, soldered or welded together, that or CF rods/braces

it looks good tho, i'd like to see what it comes out like

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: E revo homemade chassis   E revo homemade chassis Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks for the tips man, right now I have the front and rear end attached and will be putting the servos in today as well. I am thinking of making a solid lower plate and using e maxx aluminum chassis braces to hold the top and bottom plate together instead of the shock bodies and am now seriously considering using the L braces. Ill try and get some more current pictures up soon.

thanks again man.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: E revo homemade chassis   E revo homemade chassis Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:42 am

allrighty sounds good

pics are always good

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: E revo homemade chassis   E revo homemade chassis Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:25 pm

well I actually picked up some metal e maxx chassis brackets and have yet to install them to due me getting my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday but once I get that finished Ill post pics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E revo homemade chassis   E revo homemade chassis Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

E revo homemade chassis
Page 1 of 1