Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My new car for sunday racing at the lhs

Go down 
+3
musclecar201
himoto guy
brushlessmicrodude
7 posters
AuthorMessage
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Empty
PostSubject: My new car for sunday racing at the lhs   My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:03 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
himoto guy
Rc noob
himoto guy

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: My new car for sunday racing at the lhs   My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:31 pm

i woudnt get that .himoto products are pretty bad my himoto syclone would just strip gears fopr no reason i had the mesh set perfect and everything, so i dont use it any more and the lhs has no parts fpr them and it takes 3-4 weeks for the parts to get there f they order them
look around for a cheap tc4 or something like that
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: My new car for sunday racing at the lhs   My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:37 pm

Yea try and find a used something like a tc4 as mentioned an xxx-s or even an electric 4 tec. I don't like those remakes even though I bought a propulse although I don't use it anymore.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: My new car for sunday racing at the lhs   My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:59 pm

If they have a 2wd class you can pick up an older Bolink pan car cheap on ebay or at your LHS. They are durable, easy to drive and very forgiving. You can make them as fast as you want to go, and parts are really easy to come by. I've watched my 15-year-old pan dump a field of awd cars more than once. If you have a Roar 27T motor and 6 cell class you could pick up a decent, race ready, pan for under $100, and your still talking fast, just not as high tech.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: My new car for sunday racing at the lhs   My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:14 pm

a xxx-s is a great choice, from what ive seen its easy to work on and the single blt drivetrain is not too complex
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: My new car for sunday racing at the lhs   My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:08 pm

First thing frist, you will break a part on a on-road car faster then what you will on an off-road car. For one thing they go faster due to the fact that they use a really tall gear ratio (depending on the motor, about 5:1 (off-road uses around a 11:1 ratio). Next thing with any car you plan on racing you must be able to buy parts for it some what easily and when you got the money stock up on a few extra parts to keep you running durring the day. Unlike with bashing if you breakl you go home with a big grin on your face as that was a really sweet crash, but although your day ended early you really didn't pay anthing to go race. But with racing you do have to pay a fee to race, and then you run about 3 or 4 times durring the day (not including pratice runs), and the last thing you want is to end your day early because you can't get any parts for that car. That is why I would recomend you bite your tounge, and save up that extra cash to buy a car that you will be able to buy parts for. Also maybe you could talk to the local hobby shop to make you a better deal on a car.

The xxx-s is hard to work on Rolling Eyes when you factor in the way some of the other race cars are. I'm not saying it is really hard to work on, but it isn't the easyist one to work on.

Anyways they handle really good, and I know you will really like it. Also if it is spining out or pushes all it will take is a little set-up tuneing (that goes for every car out there). Also I know the TC4 will also handle really good (I drove both cars, although they weren't mine so the set-up was off to me). Although they might not be as fast as the current race cars on the track you will still have a lot of fun racing them and learining how to drive. (trust me, in on-road the car you use can save a .01 of a second off of your lap time, and that is a lot of time)

Also a few other cars you might want to look into is the Hot Bodies Cyclone S, as it is only about $160 for a kit (then just get a budget esc, motor, and radio (or just get an extra Rx and use a current radio)). That car would be good as you can find parts for it, and I think you can even upgrade it to the pro level kit later (by buying parts little by little). Then there is the x-ray T2R which is a budget level TC made by x-ray. I know the T2 007 handles great (I drove one), and this car should handle nicely.

BTW any car you buy you will need a battery pack (3 of them if running NI-Mh, although you will get buy with 2 packs (that is how I started)). Also you won't need the $100 race packs, but a good stick pack will work great, and then you will need a charger. It is also a wise idea to have an extra set of AA's for you radio as you never know when you will need to replace them (and a dead radio, normaly results in a broken car).

I hope that points you in the right drection
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

PostSubject: Re: My new car for sunday racing at the lhs   My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:48 pm

i know thats not easy to get parts but my lhs has himoto parts and i dont have $1000 for a car
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

PostSubject: Re: My new car for sunday racing at the lhs   My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:49 pm

in addition that car goes just as fast as a expensive xxx-s it goes 40+
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

PostSubject: Re: My new car for sunday racing at the lhs   My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:00 am

That is cool that your shop has parts for that car. Very Happy

But the route I was taking you were only looking to spend about 500 at the most (might not have even been that much)

Anyways, one thing to keep in mind is that when racing who cares whos car is faster in a stright line, if it can't carry any of that speed in the turns. Racing on a track has nothing do do with stright line speed, it is all about being able to get around the track in the fastest time possible. So with that in mind, races are won and lost in the turns, not the strights (although a faster car will win the drag race down the stright, it doesn't manner how fast it was, as if that car blows a corrner (went wide, or hit a board) then all tha speed was for nothing). So keep that in mind, that races are won in the turns, not the stright aways (don't drag race somone if all that is going to happen is you are just going to blow the corner)

BTW I bet the Losi handles better over all on the track (won't be a big deal now, but will be later on, but by the time you are at the level of going for the will I am sure there will be a few new TC's out there)
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: My new car for sunday racing at the lhs   My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:57 am

I'm not sure how well the Himoto works, I wish we had a shop around that carried them. I was looking at the 1/8 scale monster truck for a while but didn't want to risk the money on a brand that I've never even seen except in photo's and youtube videos. Since it sounds like you've already bought the car why not post a video when you get it running? And, let us know how it works out for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904

PostSubject: Re: My new car for sunday racing at the lhs   My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:51 pm

sidewinder wrote:
I'm not sure how well the Himoto works, I wish we had a shop around that carried them. I was looking at the 1/8 scale monster truck for a while but didn't want to risk the money on a brand that I've never even seen except in photo's and youtube videos. Since it sounds like you've already bought the car why not post a video when you get it running? And, let us know how it works out for you.

get a savage and thank me later if you want a 1/8 mt, that or a lst2, the 2 best mt's out thier IMO, for bashing that is

the lug
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

PostSubject: Re: My new car for sunday racing at the lhs   My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:05 pm

i know the car has to be fast at the corners and fast but not too fast on the straights
Back to top Go down
himoto guy
Rc noob
himoto guy

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: My new car for sunday racing at the lhs   My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:19 pm

you need consistent laps also , a fast car wont get you tht you have to practice and then you can get faster motors . but to start with get a trinity 19 turn motor
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

PostSubject: Re: My new car for sunday racing at the lhs   My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:37 pm

Really if there is a stock class I would get a stock motor, so even if you were to run notive you could later jump in on the stock class racing once your skill comes up (that goes for any class you might want to run as long as it is with in the rules of a notive class if there is one).

Also keep you nerves and thoughts in check, as I let things get to me once when I was running 3rd in the A-main at a throphy race. So I went form running 3rd to last, but I couldn't stay off of the boards (I was happy that I didn't break my car durring that race)

In fact I will show you that race, just find the vid that has the tittle of "Saturday Touring Car Adv. A Main" Also I started last on the grid, and my car is yellow/orange in front, kinda a green color in the middle, and then blue in the back

http://www.michianarc.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=95
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new car for sunday racing at the lhs   My new car for sunday racing at the lhs Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My new car for sunday racing at the lhs
Page 1 of 1