Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

newest addition to the family!

Go down 
+6
rclugnut
sidewinder
musclecar201
Micro-T Master
evil3
sk8r
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

Male Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2008-06-17

newest addition to the family! Empty
PostSubject: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:07 am

For Christmas my parents decided to get me the e revo!! Along with 2 (yes 2!!) trinity speed metal 6 cell 4600mah nimh batts!!!! I need to get a new charger before I can run it, but I'm stoked to get this beast running!!! I will be going brushless REALLY soon!! I will be going with the yeah racing bl esc and a really nice 9L motor, ill post links and pics soon!!
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:56 am

Lucky you.

Although I would stay away from yeah racing, as really all they are is a cheep knock off company, and I really don't trust their li-po's
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:12 am

Ive actually heard quite a few good things bout them and Ive seen a vid of it in the e revo and it worked pretty well. But im gonna keep lookin around.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Go for the V4 mamba monster combo! The best combo out there!

Cingrats on the new addition!

PICS!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:07 am

Ill have pics up by tomorrow. And im definitly going with the yeah racing esc and the 9L motor, because ive heard and seen good things about them and plus they aren't too expensive.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:02 pm

Ok, if you dont mind, could you post a review for this truck up in stock form?

Ill get a few basic layout up for everyone to go off of.
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:23 pm

I wish my parents would by me an E Revo, they wouldn't even know what I would be talking about! good luck with it, happy bashing! Laughing
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:27 am

^^Thanks!!

MTM- ya ill write it tomorrow after i take the pics, i was shootin to ave the pics up by tonight but i cant seem to find my camera so ill have to take the pics tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:37 am

I saw the title and someone had a baby. Well you got a new baby , sort of I guess. scratch

Anyway, it should be a blast, I was playing with one at the LHS for a few minutes and it was great even in stock form. So, unless you have a lot of room, you might be happy with it as is for a while...I can't even imagine what that would be like with the brushless set up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:43 am

I know!! Very Happy I love this beast! Its my pride and joy! I have a huge backyard that is mostly grass and sand except for a section that is a small pile of mulch/dirt/sand/stuff that is about 30' x 20' and has a few jumps and works really well. But I cant wait to go brushless but that probably wont happen for a month or so Sad Mad bom
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:16 pm

Sorry bout the wait guys but i finally got the pics taken and here they are!

newest addition to the family! 001
newest addition to the family! 002
newest addition to the family! 003
newest addition to the family! 004

The chassis could be better but it works.... for now
newest addition to the family! 005
newest addition to the family! 006
newest addition to the family! 007

I will also be buying a red anodized roll cage, hpi phaltline rims and tires, the exo carbon wing, and trhe red pushrods and steering inks.

~REVIEW~

asphalt (the road)- handles great and I usually cant keep the front tires on the ground lol.

grass- rips right through it like its on the road and still handles very well.

sand- it kicks the sand up everywhere and shoots it back for a good 10-15 feet.

concrete (my driveway)- the tires just spin like crazy aand whenever i turn it pretty much drifts.

issues- The chassis is a pretty cruddy plastic and i personally think traxxas should come out with some new chassis thats either cf or aluminum, either one works for me. Also the tires come unglued WAY too easily. Ive only ran it probably 4 times with a full charge and one of the tires is almost completly unglued. But other than those small issues..... I LOVE THIS BEAST!!
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:17 pm

Sweet Twisted Evil

You make me jealous! LOL
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:27 pm

I have drove one in over the summer in box stock on the track, and it does handle really good although if on the track. Although it did have a slight jumping problem where it would jump nose down, but with more motor that wouldn't be an issue or if you play with the set-up a little.

But it is a fun truck to drive, although I don't think I will ever get one as I tend to base what I buy off of it there is a racing class for it or not (I only race, lol)
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:47 pm

^^^your right it does nose dive a bit whenevr I jump but I still love it. It also tips over VERY easily!! Which you will notice in the vid Im bout to post up! I should have it up really soon!
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:39 pm

Well, Ive decided to save up for a mmm esc and probably the mmm motor too. But does anyone have any suggestions for other brushless motors that would be around the same price range or maybe cheaper? (mmm motor- $85).
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:59 pm

Well i was gonna wait and buy the mmm combo but i found a bad a$$ novak bl combo on ebay that was prctically new, xcept it has a broken rotor but that will be a sumwhat cheap fix. i snaggd this bad boy for $73.39!!! Here are some pics!

newest addition to the family! Novak1
newest addition to the family! Novak2

craked rotor
newest addition to the family! Novak3

Let me kno what you think!
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:26 pm

sick man sweett yeah, that'll rock that e-revo no issue, what t rating did you get?

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:50 pm

im 95% sure its a 10T but im not positive, ill have to check again.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:12 am

Either way, youll be rippin it up with that power package. Just make sure you get a sintered rotor and not the glued one.
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:53 am

Im excitd bout it!! it actually just came yestrday and now i just need to buy the rotor which i can get for about $30, so i should have this beast up and running in a couple weeks. ill try and get sum pics up tonight of it installed in my e revo.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:31 pm

Nice, just watch your gearing as well for temps, if you can put your finger on it for 3 seconds without it burning you, then your fine.
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:29 pm

K will do bro thanks for the tip!
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Sat May 30, 2009 2:59 pm

Finally got a video up, this is with the trinity 6 cell 4600mah batteries. I just bought some 7 cell 4500mah batteries off ebay, so they shoulld be here soon and ill get a vid of that up as well

newest addition to the family! Th_ERevo_0003

Last edited by sk8r on Sat May 30, 2009 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Sat May 30, 2009 3:24 pm

Sick
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1Sat May 30, 2009 4:26 pm

Looks like you enjoy beating the crap out of it Very Happy Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

newest addition to the family!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next