Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

newest addition to the family!

Go down 
+6
rclugnut
sidewinder
musclecar201
Micro-T Master
evil3
sk8r
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:05 pm

what batts are you gunna run with that motor, that 1500kv is gunna be a torque monster, i'm betting 4t to the pinion or 2 off the spur

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

Male Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:27 pm

im just gonna keep using the 7 cell 4500mah batteries for now. and I'm goin with a 22T pinion, which is 3 more than what I was using.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:00 pm

okay cool cool that should be quite a rid BL is a major wakeup over brushed

and with that motor you'll soon understand the meaning of lighting up the tires...

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:32 pm

Im stoked to get this thing running! This will be the first brushless sytem I've owned that is bigger than 1/18. I've got the 5mm pinion oredered and I also ordered an extra set of bullet connectors because I'm going to need to make an extension to reach the esc. Do you guys have any tips on what I should or shouldn't do for running the brushless system while I put the final pieces together?
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:26 pm

uhhh get castle link (seeing as the blur is a rebagged MMM you'll have no issues wireing it up) and back off the power, if you want more you can always add it but i'm at 70% punch control and i have little controll off the line and its FAST too fast, 40 mph hit a pothole, pulled the front hinge pin brace off the bulk ripped the front bumper off it was holding the pin in and was held on by 2 screws its totally gone,

the moral of the story go slow until you can drive it, cuz while its great to have the power to throw it on its lid its no fun running to get it all the time and busting parts every other run,

theres insane power and insane useable power you want to tap into the useable for sure, or a wheelie bar, either one...

also be sure not to let anything hit 200, 180 stop running 160 is about the max i'd let anything go consistanly (so thats about what run it at) 140 is good safe temp, but always rember just cuz you can push the ratio 200 and your bearings are history, and your rotor is de-mag'd and thats $150 for something that could've been avoid with a $5 gear,

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:50 pm

Wow thanks for the advice man, this info helped alot! I'll definitly pick up the castle link as soon as i can! and also what do you think would be a safe spur gear to go with a 22t pinion?
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:26 am

i'm not sure about e-revo gear ratios at all, tho id' just get a few spurs or pinions which evers cheapest and just play around BL is very powerful and the preformance may not be effected negativly until 5 min into the run, yes i've run 26/78 on my BL evader, i now run 24/85 due to temps it pushed 26/78 no issue but it was hot after 2 min, so don't go too far from stock right off the batt,

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Well I got all of the connectors soldered on and am now just waiting on the pinion gear, but I ran into a small problem. I don't have the castle link yet and the esc didn't come with any instructions. I've tried programming the esc to the transmitter and it just doesn't want to work... am I missing something here?
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:33 pm

castle and hpi both have manuals online... lets see what we can find....

http://www.castlecreations.com/support/documents/drivers_ed_guide.pdf
page 8

and
http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/instr/100646/100646.pdf
page 12

i is a frequent visitor of hpi and castle...
so i findy very easy Very Happy

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:49 pm

Thanks for the info man, but for some stupid reason, the esc still won't program... could it possibly be the rx?
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:19 pm

Well I bought the castle link today and installed the software, hooked up and changed a couple things and... nothing... still nothing... its driving me insane! I think I'm just going to send a message to castle and ask whats going on with it
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:39 pm

i know my sw didn't want to prog with my MX-3 i never bothered to get it prog'ed tho cuz it was my servo not my tx that caused the glitching

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:54 pm

joeford@castlecreations.com shoot him a email for tech help, he's the one who helped me and did a great job at it...

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:16 am

Thanks for the email address man, but I have already sent an email to castle creations info email (the one they had listed in their support page of their site) and am now waiting to here back, but it probably won't be until early next week Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:24 pm

Today is not a good day... So I contacted Castle and asked them about the esc and I told them it was "new in box" and the guy had me turn it on and he knew right away that the esc was "shot"... I just wasted $93 on nothing!!!! I filed a claim through paypal and sent the seller on ebay a message, so hopefully he has the cajones big enough to solve this and not just ignore me completly. So as you cab probably tell, I am EXTREMELY aggravated!! Evil or Very Mad Mad bom Neutral Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:43 pm

Wow - does THAT suck! Hope the eBay seller comes clean on what sounds like a DOA!

Tell them you're active on RC forums and his seller name will get put on the caca-list!

Hope they work it out with you though - that's a lot of jingle!

MarkM
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:56 pm

Ya dude I'm still waiting for a reply, which I'm guessing won't be for a while, but I just hope everything gets fixed. Because if not, I just got robbd some big bucks and will have to start all over again...l
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:22 pm

yeah that does suck, maybe try contacting HPI i know they had a few duds...

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:33 pm

If I don't hear back from this guy soon, I'm gonna try and talk to them, but since I bought it off ebay and the guy didn't send the original box, I don't have the serial number, warranty, or anything and I checked the esc for any numbers, but couldn't find any. But the worst they can say is no, and then I'll just upgrade to the mamba monster if they can't fix it.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:55 am

A buddy of mine (Brad) bought a set of Brodex heads for his 410 Chevy from a seller on ebay that were supposed to be unused a while back, when they came not only were they clearly used, but one was cracked. The seller refused to even respond so Brad kept telling me he was going to "get even." I had no idea of how he was planning on doing it since the heads came from Washington state and we're in Ohio, but latter I found out that since the seller had shipped it from his home address Brad and a few of his friends from different states were finding road kill and sending it to his house. After a while they got a call from the post office telling them it was illegal (so don't try it). It must have made an impression on the guy though, otherwise he wouldn't have contacted the post office.

With any luck this will be just some sort of mistake and the seller will make it right, but if not, I thought at least a somewhat disgusting ebay revenge story might cheer you up a little.

One thing you could do, if worse comes to worse, is search google for the shipping address and see if you can find a home phone number for the guy. Maybe if you talk to him on the phone it will shame him into fixing the problem. But be nice until you find out it was a scam...if it's not you don't want to tick him off before he decides to make things right.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:35 am

Lol thanks man that helped Very Happy and I think I threw away the box because I wasn't expecting this to happen. But I'm going to see what I can do Wink lets just say I hope he responds before I start to have a little fun Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:15 pm

ohh good call....

www.yellowpages.com... stalkers best friend....

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:54 pm

haha I don't think I'll go that far lol, but I would love to give him tons of bad feedback and make ebay cancel his account (it wouldn't be the first time lol)
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:48 pm

I'll have to get one of those Traxxas "Hero" camera units and attach it to my dogs collar...he's been rolling in something "unholy" lately - 3 baths in 6 days!

When I find it - I can send it to ya if ya want Sk8r...it's definetly dead! LOL!

Arf Arf!

We could send him something living too - they don't call us the Badger state for nuthin!!

WoO WOo!!!
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:36 pm

Hahaha works for me man!! I'm in the mood to stur up a little trouble Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: newest addition to the family!   newest addition to the family! - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

newest addition to the family!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next