Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

teen stereotypes

Go down 
+2
sidewinder
bar321
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bar321
RC Pro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-11-29

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:38 am

Ok i am 14 and i am sick and tired of having to put up with all the teen stereotypes. Ya some of them are true but most of them are just be cuz past generations messed up.
it reminds me of billy talent-red flag one of the lines is "the kids of tomorrow don't need today, when they live in the sins of yesterday.", and i am sick of living in the sins of yesterday and i know that alot of other teens are i have gotten banned from 3 or 4 forums for being a teen. I am sick of it prety soon this will have to change and im just trying to change it sooner and i know that some one will post the "we will keep on waiting waiting on the world to change" song but the problem with that is that teens of yesterday turn into the parents of today and they stereotype teens like they were when they were a teen the cycle has to stop some time so why not now??
Main reason is be cuz there are so many closed minded adults in this world that will not listen to logic they think that cuz were teens we dont know what were talking about when in reality we do know what were talking about and ya we do misspell stuff sometimes and use terms like "idk wth gtg pll ttyl bbiab" and stuff like that but that is what this world is coming to. Think back to when words like "rad gnarly sick grovie" and words like that were new pll thought they wouldn't catch on and weren't liked by adults back then and the teens thought the adults didn't know how big those words would become well now those teens are the adults and they think just like there parents did witch is the problem we need to stop. Most of the teens of yesterday probly said that they were not gonna be like the parents but they have become there parents. I am gonna post this in every forum i am on and hope that i can change this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-jsgousZcA&feature=related
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:08 am

Ok Bar, what happened? I'm not saying that as a joke, seriously, you sound upset so I'm guessing something happened.

BTW, Twisted Sister...nice! They were great.

If it's parents doing something unreasonable I have a bit of perspective on that which might help...maybe not? But read it anyway:)

You're right about parents turning into their parents. It only makes sense...believe it or not, they do care about you. And, I don't know your parents, but if they're like most of us you will never know how screwed-up they really were. A lot of the stricter parents, the ones who get so upset about any little thing, do it because they have made really big mistakes. They don't seem like it now, but they may have been really wild.

So, when they see something that makes them think you're headed down the same path (even when you're not) they panic. I took care of my Nephew Danny for five years when his dad (my Brother) was unable too. I saw him doing something that reminded me so much of my friend (in high school) Tony. I shouldn't say this, but I will, Tony and I did a lot of pot...a lot. When we got a little older I was "lucky" enough to become an alcoholic...I say lucky because it got me away from Tony and a couple of our other friends who couldn't hang out in the bars because they were way too messed up on other drugs. Tony started mainlining coke...He died at age 22 of an overdose, he was celebrating getting out of prison for robbery (coke gets expensive). Anyway, when I saw my nephew headed in that direction I flipped. I've seen too many friends ruin--or end--their lives that way. Danny couldn't believe I went off on him like that (I'm about the most laid back person you'd ever meet) he was mad for weeks...I almost laughed when he said "what do you know about whiskey, you probably never even had a beer."

Just remember, your parents weren't always who they are now, they may just be panicking...maybe they have some scars of their own. I hope not. Try to cut them some slack every now and then...they're just being jerks because they care.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:18 pm

However sometimes they care to much sidewinder...couple my friends the minute they left the house, they were doing all kinds of drugs. They were always good kids, but there parents wouldn't let them do anything, the minute they got their freedom they went power crazy, kind of. There needs to be some kidn of balance inbetween too strict and parents who don't give a crap.

For example I'm a teen, i haven't been banned on any forums, I just take my time with my posts. It's how it always have been older people have not been able to adjust easily to the newer generations.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2008-07-10

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:05 pm

Bar just let us help you out. I might not be as old as sidewinder (sorry sir, lol) but when I was that age I had a different view on things (I never cared about doing things to make me "cool" instead I was more laid back most of the time). But like he said a lot of the time it comes down to that they don't want you to head down the same path as them.

Muscle, the bit that you talked about first, they aren’t on a power trip. What happens in that case as they think they are the greatest thing to walk on the earth it's a little harsh, but that is what comes to mind), so when they are on their own they think they are sticking it to the man or being rebellious. As for the parents being to strict, yes that can happen, but as sidewinder said they don’t what you to do the same things they once did, or they want you to try to avoid doing something they might have had to go through.

Bar if this is the type of stuff that you are talking about, and then speak up, as when we have to assume something, it might not be what you were talking about.

Trust me we are also here to help you if you need help.
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:06 pm

O i know that evil I'm just saying that you get one far and few like that. I also beleive they are afraid of me doing the same mistakes.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Yeah Bar, seriously, if there is something we can help with we'll be here for you. You seem like a good guy, I don't know why anyone on any forum would have a problem with you...at least based on what I've seen.

There are parents who are just assholes. My friend Dave's parents were so strict that he and his sister both had real problems because of it... I know they meant well, but they were just very, very intense Germans. Of course now that I think about it, the were both children in the WWII concentration camps...that may have warped them a bit.

OH, and Evil's got a point, it feels good to be on your own, and sometimes you do want to stick it to the man, but, usually when you try to stick it to the man you just get stuck back hard and in a place no one should have it "stuck." Ok, sorry, couldn't help myself there.
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:49 pm

the reason i broght up getting banned is becuz i didn't even post 2 things i posted in the intro section and then got a bunch of nasty pm's and got banned and its not my parents its that a thread over on another forum posted basically a "whats wrong with this generation" thread and i have long-ish hair and riped up jeans but im not a punk i am a idiot somtimes but that dose not make me dumb
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:36 pm

Sometimes it comes down to some people don't like when someone younger then them says somthing that makes them feel dumb. Other times if you don't conform to what everyone else looks like then you become an outcast (trust me I have really long hair, and most likely it it longer then yours). Then there are the people who don't like when someone questions life or a life style.

I don't know what you said in that post, but if it didn't get out of hand with any "bad" language then to me they were at fault.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:07 am

16 year old here, yeah some parents can be annoying and really strict, and i think they have some reason, i get to see just how DUMB some of these kids are today. and how little they care about anything.... and as for people thinking us teans are a bunch of Ya-Hoo's as most ppl call them i think they got a point for some kids but for the most part its the outlies, the exceptions a very small percentage of teens that people use as an immage, most kids at school are pretty cool, nice accually listen but you always get a few that just shoot there mouths off and are just (bad words) in general, and thats what adults see us as cuz those ppl stand out while most of us semi, mature, and fairly well behaved decent teens are given crap and such cuz of those morons....

and if anyone thinks that showing off your boxers is cool YOU ARE RETARDED, , if you think girls dig it, YOU"RE WRONG!!!!!!! REAL girls have been asked that, a whole class full they ALL thought it was gross....
sorry mini rant....

but yeah i think its pretty lame that ppl flip out at us kids when we use ppl idk lol and such, i mean i use probally only those and i think some of them are pretty bad about how much the abreviate crap, i geuss some people don't realize its easier to call the person than text them... huh ohh hey another mini rant.... it must be late ohh hey it is... LOL 11.... hehehe that explains all the ranting, so to you older folks get over it that people use ppl. and other stuff, its part of the way the world is going if you don't like it write a letter to someone importnat.

as for wanting to be a non comforamant i get that too, yeah i listen to greenday and the grateful dead big deal okay greenday not so much but everyone knows them so you get the idea, i could care less what my hair looks like for school, and i like the fact that i got 4 rc's that could impress just about anybody, and that i could probally out drive them with said RC"s.... so yeah i like to be different its fun, and then other times i wish i could live on 5 hours of sleep like the rest of my school......

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:10 am

i have no idea where i was going with that but..... i think it may or may not help in some way either way just go along with your parents its easier even if it makes NO sense, or your GF's parents, like i'm not allowed in her bed room, where when we were just friends it was fine for us to hang in there, but any other room in the house i can go into..... strange ppl i mean we both don't wanna do IT, for a few years, which is another teen sterotype... in someway, but my GF just wants to get in my pockets cuz they're warm not my pants....

the lug
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:45 am

lmao, pocket pool. sorry I had too, but that is because I am a grease monkey (not a term used any more really but you know what I am talking about)
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:15 pm

LOL, not what she had in mind.... it was like 10 out if that.... and we didn't wanna hang out inside the theater to wait... so we hung out outside in like a mini park place thing, and it was cold and aparently my hands arn't warm enuf even tho they're big enuf to cover both of hers.... humph... teens.... always thinking perveted thoughts....

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Hey bar, what forum...I'm willing to get on there and flame them. Laughing Ok. so it's not real mature...I don't care Laughing
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:46 am

it was beatyourtruck but the thread got closed but i got a few warning points for what i said it wasent rly bad but was over the line i guess
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:43 am

I just jumped on over there and I think I see the real problem...Team3six is a dick. I thought you did pretty good in countering him, I especially liked " truth is that u just want a fight just go get in a high speed chase or something productive." that was funny.

Can I offer up a suggestion? If you use Firefox instead of Explorer there is a built in spell checker, if you start using it no one will ever be able to bitch about your spelling again. I write for a living and I use it...it's just nice to have something to catch any mistakes...well that, and, my spelling sucks. Laughing Thank God for spell checker or I'd spend the rest of my life flipping burgers.

If you want I can give you some basic tips for breaking stuff up into paragraphs. It wont be something your English teacher would approve of but it's a lot easier. The only reason I mention this is that it is easier to read broken up text, so people will be more likely to read what you say.

You have good instincts, you make good points, don't let some dick bother you that much.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:47 am

I can't believe it wont let me type crap but dick is fine...I mean if it was capitalized sure but lower case??? Oh well, I'm leaving it...pull it if you want MicroT...ugh, I just realized what that sounded like, but you know what I mean. Laughing Shocked
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:13 pm

Team3Six is accually a pretty cool dude, i've talked to him on XRC... but some mods can be jerks, i got a post deleved off rcu cuz all it said was +1, imo thats a totally ligit post, just think about it, i mean its better than basically retyping a 300+ word spheel, and it get my point across... i just think its dumb that it was deleted... but yeah, i think mods could do a better job cuz there are some #*$HOLES on boards that should be deleted... as for built in spell checkers google chrome has one too, tho i use internet exporer for some stuff, cuz chrome isn't supported with some sites....

the lug

Last edited by rclugnut on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:30 am

Bilbo said Opera had one...I have no idea what or who Opera is (I was thinking annoying talk show host...maybe that's Oprah) but I may have to google it and find out.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:24 am

LOL, sorry guys about the blocker, i was tired on the night i edited it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:54 pm

i have one that i would say 85% of teen minds are in the gutter if not more, meaning if there is a perverted way to say it we will at least think it

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:57 am

It doesn't get any better with age Lug, we jut learn not to say things in front of the kids...well, most of us do anyway. lol!
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:28 pm

sidewinder wrote:
It doesn't get any better with age Lug, we jut learn not to say things in front of the kids...well, most of us do anyway. lol!

thanks for the supportive words of wisdom pale here was me hoping i'd grow outta it.....
LOL, ahh well thats life... i guess, or the "mirical of life" the how it happeneds video that i was forced to watch...

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:23 pm

sidewinder wrote:
I just jumped on over there and I think I see the real problem...Team3six is a dick. I thought you did pretty good in countering him, I especially liked " truth is that u just want a fight just go get in a high speed chase or something productive." that was funny.

well i just got a not so happy PM from T36 and i he wasn't all that thrilled about what you people are saying, i'm gunna go check out said thread and see what the deal is but T36 was saying that it wasn't directed at bar at all, and would kindly ask sidewinder to get some balls and insult him to the face, or at least on a forum that he's part of

jeasus crist people do you have no shame
http://www.beatyourtruck.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51729&highlight=truth+fight i started on page 4 cuz thats where bar fist posted.....
holy (bad words) TAKE THE MOTHER (really bad words) insult and MOVE ON, learn that hey maybe just because you were born with in a few years of the people who were being talked about in the tread, doesn' make it DIRECTLY ABOUT YOU!!!!!!!!!! this tread was posted to ask people to kindly use the search function, and i've seen this stuff happen all the times on forums, and yeah it gets annoying, so i'm with T36 on this matter, don't go making it about yourself cuz it isn't about you all the time, maybe sometimes it is, but you should just get over it and try to be better, cuz i know i don't like to be called a moron, so i'll do my best to avoid being one.... easy as that

the lug
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:06 pm

That is Norm for ya, doesn't know when to stop.

I have an ida as to what he was trying to talk about, but he ended up saying somthing else, and later in that thread it went from a simple rant, to an im right your wrong type of thread, even to the point that if he was called out on somthing, he attacked them instead of trying to work on a resolve. I could break it down more there is no point to.

Really one of the best things anyone can do it one of those thread is to reread what the F you wrote before posting, as 99% of the time people are posting a reaction to a post instead of making a smart post that could lead to a better understanding of things, or so there is a better outcome.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:29 pm

so the moral of the story is if a fight is starting agree to dissagree and move on.... cuz in the end what does it matter? i mean in a few days the thread will probally be closed and all of you will take nothing from it cuz you got so pissed that you're just gunna be all defensive about your ideas and not change them

the lug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

teen stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Re: teen stereotypes   teen stereotypes Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

teen stereotypes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rc Addicts :: Site Chat-
Jump to: