Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

E-Chaos converstion

Go down 
+4
musclecar201
sk8r
Micro-T Master
rclugnut
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

do i sound crazy and should just abandon this now?
Yes scrap it now
E-Chaos converstion Vote_lcap18%E-Chaos converstion Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
No it souunds like a great idea
E-Chaos converstion Vote_lcap82%E-Chaos converstion Vote_rcap
 82% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

E-Chaos converstion Empty
PostSubject: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:32 pm

I was thinkin' about doin' this to my choas getting a custom motor mount cnc'ed maybe so i can fit both 540, 380, 280 motors, kinda radical as i see it but i want options drunken

i was just wondering if anyone had any imput on this, i figure i keep the stock drivetrain, and sterring set up the rest gets re desinged or remounted or something, any imput would be great

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:36 pm

You arn't crazy at all, rcdrive has allready done it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

Male Number of posts : 505

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:40 pm

i think you shud do it!!! sounds like a good idea!!
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:44 pm

thanks i'm kinda still layin everything out in my mind, but i'm also working on detoyifing a boat i have i'm basically putting a real rc equipment in it not that it'll keep up with my neigbors super vee bl, but its a fun mini project

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:47 pm

Cool, sounds like you got some work lined up for yourself! Be sure to post pics, and if you want, share the boat in the site chat section Wink
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:11 pm

Just don't shred the gears apart. Sounds like a great idea but trying to fit all those diff kind of motors is gonna be a little hard.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:45 pm

yeah i know its still a concept with all the motors, i may just get 1 mount and a few diffent plates i can put on it,

and i may lock the center and i'm thinkin' now/next diffs, if i can fit um, or fenagleing a slipper...

the lug
Back to top Go down
himoto guy
Rc noob
himoto guy

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:17 am

i would go for putting a 540 motor in it so when you get your sidewinder you can put it in this
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:24 pm

yeah that was my thinks but i've heard stuff about the diffs, but hey the cost a $2 for a new set so why not, my problem not is finding the right pinion, and then i just gotta design the mount i got a CAD software from http://www.emachineshop.com/index.htm, it's completly different then the schools that i could've done this in 1 hour, but it watched the tutruail vid affraid and i get the software now, it just has less buttons, that are less specific, and more stuff you need to do thru a menu but no, multi 3d views in the main screen ahh well

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:59 am

Your lucky, our schools cad sucks!
2d only!
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:24 pm

Do you have a cnc mill? Or are you just using the cad for designing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:35 pm

no mill for me but, my school has one or emachine shop'll do that for me,

and i think you shool schould download the software off emachine thats free or google has a cheep one to,

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:37 pm

Ya, my school has a mill too, but they only have bits for cutting plastic
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:55 pm

Man you guys are lucky we don't have any of that stuff. We don't have software its all drawn out and done by hand. Neutral
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:08 am

We used to have a full machine shop but that was before cad/cam stuff became the norm. We could do almost aything the computers do now...ah, well, just a lot slower. It was fun though running the milling machine or lathe by hand. You had to be really carefull, but when you go it right it was great.
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

Male Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:47 am

My school is luckty to hae computers, let alone cad software. I used to have alibre and I loved it. But the trial wore off nad now I hv=ave e machine shop, its actually quite simplistic and easy.

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:39 pm

it is but i like the stuff at school much better more buttons that give you more options instead of haveing to select what you want from a menu you click a button hit your settings click a line and you got a piece cut to your specs

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:47 pm

Hey you've mentioned emachine shop a couple of times...is that emachineshops.com? I tried searching it and found a link but the site didn't come up. If it is I'll try again latter, sounds like it could be cool.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:04 am

this'll get you thier

http://www.emachineshop.com/index.htm

no new up dates that i can post but i do know that removing the motor mount may or may not be easy and i'm playing with a base that mounts to the current holes then giving me the ability to change out the vert plates, for different motor sizes,

the lug
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:07 am

GO 540!!! j/k that'd be tough.

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:27 am

not really, cuz the motors, about the same lenght as the engine, and with so i should be able to fit it, the batt, esc and reciver i'can figure out, i'll probally go with a sideways esc i may try to fenagle a stick pack on (standard sub-c for you mini guys) or have to go mini or somethin i haven't thought too much bout that... though doing more thinking' im gunna make a wood mount as a rought prototype, something i learned is very good to do that you engineerring comp. (i'ld thank it more if the school didn't take the $500 and we slit it among the 4 of us...)

the lug
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:12 am

I would put the esc/ reciever where the tank are, but a custom mount may be neeeded for the battery.

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:40 pm

thats what i was thinking,

i suppose i should give a link to the choas....

http://www.sportwerksrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SWK1400

the lug
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:05 pm

Looking at it I see that you culd put the battery strapped in sideways in place of the pipe.

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:21 pm

yeah but that would really screw up wight and what would i put on the other side, the radio box will go, and then i'll leave the serring servo where it is, but other than that,

i think i'll make a deck set up and have the reciver under the ESC
and i may have to run the mini packs, Crying or Very sad now i can't use my EP's...

the lug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

E-Chaos converstion
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rc Addicts :: Mini RC :: Creations :: Customizations-
Jump to: