Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

E-Chaos converstion

Go down 
+4
musclecar201
sk8r
Micro-T Master
rclugnut
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

do i sound crazy and should just abandon this now?
Yes scrap it now
E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
No it souunds like a great idea
E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Vote_lcap82%E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 82% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

Male Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-07-08

E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:24 pm

You may have to, room in that thing is so small, if you make a deck, then you will add a little more romm to the chassis.

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:29 pm

yeah i'll see this still is in lay out, not rough protyping but i'll try to start that soon,

i'm gunna go work on my savage... once i finshing the few posts i have left to check

the lug
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:56 pm

i say do it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:40 pm

i'm gunna at this point it makes sense, i'll hopefully start rough prototyping in the next week or so, i'm gunna use and old lrp pro runner esc and i'm not sure about motor i can't decide between a venom fireball 19t or a reedy rage 24t (another piece of history...)

i'm gunna do everthing outta wood to begin with then i'll pick the parts that get to go AL,

accually i have a date to start the day after i finsh my boat...

the lug
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:35 pm

Starting with wood is a great idea. I'm currently designing a chasis for my radline. I think I'll start with wood first to get a general idea. Looks like it is coming alot very well!
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:19 pm

Whats a radline?????????????
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:19 pm

musclecar201 wrote:
Starting with wood is a great idea. I'm currently designing a chasis for my radline. I think I'll start with wood first to get a general idea. Looks like it is coming alot very well!

the choas, to be honest i havn't started workin' on it and all the wood tools i'ld use are at my dads so i gotta get my choas over thier (though i'm pretty sure i could fit it in a pocket... me like the cargo shorts) but in my mind it's going great, i got all but the pinion worked out and that my be just regular 32 pitch gears but they look smaller...

the lug
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:13 am

brushlessmicrodude wrote:
Whats a radline?????????????

See here! https://rcaddicts.darkbb.com/show-off-f57/x-r-hybrid-t98.htm

I finished it yesterday!
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 am

those thinks are cool i use to have one i stripped the gears and fried the electronics
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:12 pm

i will once i get the gear picht from sportwerks cuz it's not nitro standard 32 pitch and no way is 48 i got one pinion that may work i'll see, maybe i can find more of those or i make me a custom gear ! or just slap a reg spur on thier and lock the center diff..

the lug

brushlessmicrodude

get a custom gear metal

yeah i think i'll get one if i cant get a regualar pinion to fit ie seal and retro fit a plasic 48 pitch on to it, i'll do that just cuz thier are a billion pinion, that'll fit, i just gotta get the right DIA. but if i can't CNCed AL

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:36 pm

well i got and idea for a motor mount i'm gunna keep stuff simple, just a piece of AL probally 2mm thick then just bend it in the right spot and drill a few holes pinion and spur will be more fun for later...

the lug
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:05 pm

Oh nice idea lug i like that idea alot more than the other.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:39 pm

yeah me too and i just found a pinion that'll work unfortuanly that pinoin was gunna go in a boat i'm de-toyifing, so i gotta email tamyia, cuz it came from a old tamyia mad bull, but i'm glad i don't gotta mount up a differnt spur that coulda been a major headach

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:12 pm

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay, i got the pinion problem solved so now i just gotta make the mount and work on a batt config, i'll probally end up getting somthing from cheepbatterypacks.com so once i get this off the ground, i'm just gunna be cruchin some #'s with gearing (mod 1's aint cheep at $10 a pop) so i gotta get the aprox RPM of the engine that's now in then i gotta gear it aproreately

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:36 pm

well i geuss i'll post an update i got the pinion picked out, and i'm gunna talk to my "shop" teacher about getting a motor mount made up, as for a power i'm gunna go with a 5 cell ep 4200, i was using this pack for my evader but one (possibly 2) of the cells crapped out on me so i'm just gunna rebuild it in a hump and go fromt there idk how to mount it yet but i'll get there... probally velcro Very Happy

the lug
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:58 am

Aren't one tenth cells a little big? Well I'm sure theyll give you a lonnnnng runtime.

Yes velcro, I use velcro for most of my custom battery packs! Razz
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:15 pm

musclecar201 wrote:
Aren't one tenth cells a little big? Well I'm sure theyll give you a lonnnnng runtime.

Yes velcro, I use velcro for most of my custom battery packs! Razz

yeah they are big but i'm gunna set um like a hump style reciver pack
E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 5cell10

and the with is perfect for the space i'm gunna mount um where the radio box, and have the reviver mounted on top of the servo for the anntenna tube idk what i'm gunna do maybe CA a once to the back tower.... or the center diff mount rabbit cuz thats real smart lol but i think those are the two best spots, but i like the center diff one better cuz i'm not running the wire as far...

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:47 pm

OKAY UPDATE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!, well i got a voltmeter found the dead cell, i got more solder, i just gotta make up the pack, i also got a possible motor mount, i just gotta hack it up, this should be almost set to go by the time i get back to school, i just gotta order the pinion.

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:59 pm

Another update!!!!!!!!!, well i got the battery all set up and i just gotta drill the holes for the motor mount but here it is so far,
E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Camera10
and no thats not a really dusty motor those are metal shaveings
E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Camera11
yeah its kinda "hack" but it gets the job done "
E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Camera12
yeah i beat on my tools too the disks are cut off wheels on a dremel and then the other used to have a nice smooth curve, not so much any more...
E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Camera13

EDIT: LOL i forgot the battery...
5 cell hump pack made of EP 4200's
E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Camera14

the lug

Last edited by rclugnut on Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

Male Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:15 pm

Dang bro! That thing is coming together well! Cant wait to see this beast when the conversion is done!
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:47 pm

another quick update, i got two pinions, a 14 and a 16t i also got a 17t that'll work too i think
but i'll probally use the 14 or 16t pinions just cuz i don't think the motors will get the TQ to push a 17t tho i don't know i'll see, i hope to get a bunch of work done this weekend on this and ALL my rc's cuz i'm almost done with finails just trig pre clac and TASC (engenerring competion at a local college than lego robots for a finial project so its pushing a button and praying, for a finial...) then i got the SAT's on sat, what a moron i am for signing up for them the weekend after midterms/finials, ahh well rambling... but yeah i hope to get some more work done, maybe a shelf for the esc and reciver and see how the holes may line up...

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:17 pm

a quick update not done working for tonite...

E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Camera28
E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Camera27

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:42 pm

more pics
i got the motor mounted up to the chassie, tho i wanna get some bigger screws, and nuts the fit properly... the ones that ihave now are just a tad too big... but they work, i just need to cut the motor screw holes... and then

in the last pics the mount was just placed on the chassie as a mock up no mods had been done...

E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Camera30
E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Camera29

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:48 pm

Hmmm... Definatly need a lipo Cool

Looking good man!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:29 pm

I would put a bigger servo in there as it looks like you have some room to. Can't hurt right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E-Chaos converstion   E-Chaos converstion - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

E-Chaos converstion
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rc Addicts :: Mini RC :: Creations :: Customizations-
Jump to: