Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More Motor Problems

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

More Motor Problems Empty
PostSubject: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:17 pm

I have an rx-280 in my motor. I ran the motor for about 5 minutes. Then my brother challenged me to a footrace with it. I gunned it off the line and smoke started pouring out the back of the car and rolled for 5 feet. I ran to my car and pulled of the cover to find my motor endbell melted, wires got so hot the unsoldered and the metal on the endbell is metled its a mess. Not sure wha tmotor to get or what went wrong. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:35 pm

MAby some road debrieh (sp) flew into the car and shorted it out or something stupid like that.
I'm gussing the motor is for your propulse so can't you fit a 370?
If so, i'd go with the twelve dollar associated super 370.
very cheap, reliable, and long lasting (even though i buned up 4... dont ask how)
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:17 am

Yeah it could be a short that cooked it or if somehow something got jammed and it couldn't turn... before you replace the motor check to make sure there's no debris in the trans that would slow or bind it...you wouldn't want to cook another motor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

Male Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:38 am

It could.ve been something as simple asa a staple on the road that connected the poles and shorted it, I think the ae motor is a good one, but I've never tried it...

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:36 pm

that sucks dude
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:29 pm

brushlessmicrodude wrote:
that sucks dude

Really? Sleep Which the cooked motor or the fact that Reyzo likes theae motor? On or two more words would have helped.
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:17 pm

Just took it apart I have to wires sticking out, one that was soldered to the pole and the other one that appears it just broke. It's way to far gone to be fixed, might as well buy a new one.

I beleive the AE motor you can't replace the brushes though which kinda sucks. Anyone try the vr3 or venom fireball?

WHen I opened the motor it was really dirt very thick coat of dust, probably not a good thing...
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:07 pm

I have a VR3 in my mini rio, a very torquey, high rpm motor(my boat hits at least 20 now). I'd say its well worth it. The ae is a good reliable motor too, but you can't change the brushes, the same with the vr3, a permanently sealed can. The fireball is an ok. motor, I'd say the vr3 is best.

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:13 pm

If your boat is hitting 20mph with a vr3 that is a pretty good motor i would say especially if it is a high rpm motor
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:15 pm

Ya it takes quite a bit-o-torque to make a boat go, as there is no gear reduction, just a connecting drive cable. The only downside is the sealed can.

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:17 pm

Well for a boat i think 20mph is flying dont any of you guys t5hink so i seen a nitro boat do 120 thats faster than a real boat i was amazed when i saw that video
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:19 pm

Ya for a 14 inch boat, 20 mph is already too fast! Go on youtube and type in "185 mph rc boat", now that's what you call fast!

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:31 pm

That 185mph thing is great, I saw it awhile back.

Does the boat come apart easily enough to get a picture of the way the drive is hooked up?... Ive been thinking of a direct drive for a project idea.
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:28 am

Sure it does! I'll get a pic up in a few minutes.

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:32 am

Sometimes I have trouble controlling a 20 mph car never mind a boat! I think I found a pretty good deal on some motors too.
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:07 am

O.K. heres some pics

This is the connection to the motor(the coupler)
More Motor Problems 100_0911

here's a closeup:
More Motor Problems 100_0912

This is hoe it looks where the props drive dog exits the drive tube:
More Motor Problems 100_0913

Let me know if you need anything else like measurements, tube sizes,etc.
And yes, a 20mph boat is hard to control, I rarely go that fast cuz I don't wanna flip it.

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:25 am

nice and what happens if you flip the boat it breaks
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:34 pm

If you flip the boat 25 meters away on a lake, it's gonna be hard to get back!

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:42 pm

Omg it damages the boat that much i thought boats where hard to break
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:30 pm

It wont break, but an upside down boat cant move unless the current takes it back. So it may never come back, especially if it comes ashore in an impossible to reach spot.

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Motor Problems   More Motor Problems Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

More Motor Problems
Page 1 of 1