Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The First Nitro Propulse!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

The First Nitro Propulse! Empty
PostSubject: The First Nitro Propulse!   The First Nitro Propulse! Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:48 pm

Well before I go to work today I decided I will debut this project on this forum only. The only reason I chose today is because my hobby shop used to only carry models but now with the new owner he carries a ton of nitro vehicles and the megatech megapro replacement parts. I've been talking to lug and he said that I may be able to buy his chaos engine off of him. This will be quite a long project as this is going to be done RIGHT. My deadline is by the end of January.

I'm starting with a stock chasis with steel differentials, here is what is to come. MIP super diff outdrives, 1 more set of CVD's, the obvious chaos engine with fuel tank ect. I will have to somehow work in a way to mount the motor on aluminum because it is quite obvious I can't mount it on plastic. I will get pictures up when some parts get here.

I will get all the nessaccary stuff then for Christmas I'm getting a fuel bottle and extra plugs, and hopefully get some money to buy fuel in january.

Stay tuned!
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The First Nitro Propulse!   The First Nitro Propulse! Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:48 pm

I think the aluminum will carry the heat to the plastic parts, but not to worry, I have an idea! Go to a speed shop an ask them if they have any extra header tape. It's a tape that wraps car headers to keep the heat from escaping...if it will make racing headers cool to the touch (sort of) it should be able to insulate a small nitro engine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

PostSubject: Re: The First Nitro Propulse!   The First Nitro Propulse! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:13 pm

Hmmm no speed shop around here but I have my conncetions...good idea I was worried about that and was sure how much the heat would carry over. I f I put like a small aluminum spacer between the plastic parts it may help reduce the heat transfered to the plastic.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The First Nitro Propulse!   The First Nitro Propulse! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:21 pm

i wouldn't be worried about heat transfer if you have an aluminum chassie... if you look at he chaos layout there are some plasics really close to the motor, in fact the CLUTCH shoes are like nylon... or somthing.... and the pipe and motor a really tight with the body personally i wouldn't be worried about meltage....

the lug
Back to top Go down
himoto guy
Rc noob
himoto guy

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: The First Nitro Propulse!   The First Nitro Propulse! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:53 pm

the lugs right. on the choas the header is exremly close to the turn buckle and it doest do anything
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

PostSubject: Re: The First Nitro Propulse!   The First Nitro Propulse! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:56 pm

thats what I originally thought because if you were running it how would you pic up the car, you would have to burn your hand. I just want to mount it on aluminum so it is nice and sturdy. I borrowed a dremel and mainly waiting for parts to come in.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: The First Nitro Propulse!   The First Nitro Propulse! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:38 pm

i'ld mount up a cool wing and carry it by that

the lug
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

PostSubject: Re: The First Nitro Propulse!   The First Nitro Propulse! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:53 am

rclugnut wrote:
i'ld mount up a cool wing and carry it by that

the lug

Not a bad idea but a wing on a truck....not that kind of guy. I'm sure I'll think of something. The propulse buggy body I'm 99% sure it won't fit as it is veroy tiny and pbarely fit electronics in it. Only time will tell...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Nitro Propulse!   The First Nitro Propulse! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The First Nitro Propulse!
Page 1 of 1