Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soon to be a true drifter!

Go down 
+2
musclecar201
sk8r
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

Male Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Soon to be a true drifter! Empty
PostSubject: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:25 am

Hey guys sorry i haven't been on much, ive been really busy moving latly and i now finally have some time to relax, so i thought i would post one of my projects. My cousin and i are hoping to start up an rc drift team. For cars, i'd use my 4tec and hes got a nitro tc3(but hes not gonna be able to drift with that) but hes got a tt01 chassis just sittin in his room collecting dust that he might use.
As far as parts go.... we are talkin new lipo, bl system, new body, and some bad a$$ drift tires, also maybe some led lights and a nean kit from a GREAT rc drift site called rc drift revolution-link- http://rcdriftrevolution.com/ also that blue 180sx body on the home page is one of the bodies im lookin at!

parts list-
bl system- traxxas vxl system
lipo-aeronuts 2s 4500mah lipo
body-either blue nissan 180sx, red and black lancer evo, or yellow and black s2000.
tires-high realism 6 spoke drift wheel set-red (on ebay)

here are some pics-

Soon to be a true drifter! Pictur12
Soon to be a true drifter! Pictur13
Soon to be a true drifter! Pictur14
Soon to be a true drifter! Pictur15
Soon to be a true drifter! Pictur16
Here is the batt im usin in it right now
Soon to be a true drifter! Pictur17

ill try and get some pics of it driftin in my living room but i dont want make any promises.

ANY suggestions or input is GRAETLY appreciated

sk8r
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:37 pm

Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:39 am

Go for the 180sx a classic drifter.I have to watch a video on drifting as i hav enever seen a big rc actually drift very well.
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:06 pm

Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Dang those guys are good, are they professional? I've done some xmods drifting but thats about it.
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:24 pm

Ya they are, they have there own team and a small product line.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:58 am

They are good, I had to hit mute on the first one, but they're good at drifting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:05 pm

i kno that song is pretty scary but it aint my vid lol
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:15 pm

sk8r wrote:
i kno that song is pretty scary but it aint my vid lol

idk about scary but really annoying, is the carachter from sidewinders, avatar, the gummy bear song, imo very annoying, tho makes a good avatar...

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:01 pm

Great project you got going!!!

As for the lipos, get a good lipo!

Trust me on this, you dont want to spend much, but its better spending as much as you can getting a quality lipo with at least 3000mah and 20c rating than getting a few with only a 15c rating.
I love my reedy (as i told you) it has a 20c rating, and nearly got rid of all my gliching problems because it was ale to supply the power my system needed.

For the BL system, go with a sensored. It will suit your needs better, because drifting is based on throtle control. Id go with the new novack purpose built drifting system.

Just my opinions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:52 pm

Ive actually heard alot of good things about those zippy lipos so i think im gonna give it a shot. and as far as the bl system, i wish i could afford that beast (the novak slyder) but its almost $300!! so i think im just gonna stick with the traxxas vxl.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 18, 2008 10:21 pm

sk8r wrote:
Ive actually heard alot of good things about those zippy lipos so i think im gonna give it a shot. and as far as the bl system, i wish i could afford that beast (the novak slyder) but its almost $300!! so i think im just gonna stick with the traxxas vxl.

both the novak havoc system and sidewinder are cheaper and IMO better than the vxl...

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:00 pm

If you dont want the slyder, go with the havoc and an appropriate motor. Wink
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:18 pm

yeah, i wish the havoc had came out before i got my 'winder, but i like it and no complaints so far...

the lug
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:55 pm

i might just have to check out the ahvoc system then!
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:52 am

Just picked up a 7 cell 3000mah 8.4v Venom batt and loved it for the 1st run....... now it wont charge or run for more than two minutes Crying or Very sad any ideas why or how to fix it? While I was at my lhs I picked up that batt and 1 set of the black 12 spoke hpi rims, I still need to buy the other set, but will do that soon! As far as tires go, im gonna buy some from a brand called sushi tires, I've heard nothing but great remarks about them. Also I will be buying the vxl bandit within the next couple of days and using the electonics from the bandit in my 4tec and then probably sell the chassis as a roller for real cheap because i'll have no use for it.

Let me know what you think!

sk8r
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:56 pm

What is the voltage at on the battery pack without a fresh charge? Based on what you said one of the cells might have went out. Or the other thing I can think of is maybe somehow your charger settings were changed.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:01 pm

Sounds like a dead cell to me as well...

How much do you want for the bandit?
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:11 pm

Quote :
How much do you want for the bandit?

im not really sure yet, i still need to buy it and ill lecha know.

Quote :
Sounds like a dead cell

Thats REALLY gonna tick me off if it is because i payed $40 for that thing and only got one run out of it Mad
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:39 pm

If the price i right, i may think about it...
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:41 pm

its gonna need all of the electronics but it will come with the wheels and tires, body, transmission and such. So make an offer and ill think about it.
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:06 pm

Just bought a few goodies for this beast including upper AND lower carbon fiber chassis, 4 stock drift tires with wheels, 4 other tires with wheels(pretty sure they are for touring), blue aluminum steering axles and a few stock replacement parts all off of ebay for $60 shipped!!! I should have them sometime next week! I'll post pics when they arrive!! I will also be buying the vxl system hopefully next weekend if I can get to my lhs!! MANY pics to come!!
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:38 pm

PICS!!!

Its a little dirty but ill clean it up soon
Soon to be a true drifter! Taylorsproject010

bottom plate
Soon to be a true drifter! Taylorsproject011

My drift tires (the left tires are obviously used compared to the ones on the right that have not)
Soon to be a true drifter! Taylorsproject012

Hpi slicks on hpi rims(GREAT tires!!)
Soon to be a true drifter! Taylorsproject013

Newest HPI rims(i still need to pick up the other pair)
Soon to be a true drifter! Taylorsproject014

My first set of HPI driters
Soon to be a true drifter! Taylorsproject015

tires from sushi drifting (got them on ebay! 16 tires for $10 free shipping!!!! GREAT BUY!!!! got the tires in two days!!) HIGHLY SUGGESTED
Soon to be a true drifter! Taylorsproject016

I love drifting sticker that came with the sushi tires!
Soon to be a true drifter! Taylorsproject017

Let me know what you think!

Also, i will be getting the vxl system in a few weeks!
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:16 pm

Sweet deal!

Zip tie those wire to the top deck instead of the bottom.

Love the sticker!!!
Back to top Go down
sk8r
RC Addict Staff
sk8r

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:17 pm

K will do, thanx for the tip bro!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be a true drifter!   Soon to be a true drifter! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Soon to be a true drifter!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next