Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NFL Playoffs!

Go down 
+2
rclugnut
musclecar201
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:00 pm

So waht do you guys think about the upsets between saturday adn sunday, pretty crazy stuff. I am preferably an eagles fan and glad to see the Giants upset! I think they are going to go all the way! what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:35 pm

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

the lug
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:26 pm

Based on the way things were going in that game, I don't think they stand a chance.

And if the cards can stay on track there have the best WR in the the nfl so I would say they have the best shot on that side.
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-06-18

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:31 pm

E-A-G-L-E-S

I'm kind of hoping for a Steelers-Eagles Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:35 pm

BilboBaggins wrote:
E-A-G-L-E-S

that'ld be good, i'd go stealers for that one, tho the giants didn't play very well at all today, tons on interceptions.... on both sides tho...
but still

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:37 pm

I just got back from Pittsburgh...I'm cold, exhausted, and couldn't be happier.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:11 pm

BilboBaggins wrote:
E-A-G-L-E-S

Thats what I'm looking for too because the ravens deffintely aren't going to stop the steelers.

I'm not sure about the cards though, Eagles have a great defense and if the Eagles and get their run game going I think they have a shot at beating them.

I take it that rclug is a Giants fan lol!

Sidewinder, I take it you went to the Pittsburgh game? Must have been pretty cool, I've never seen a live game before cuz i'm a phili fan.
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:11 pm

musclecar201 wrote:

Thats what I'm looking for too because the ravens deffintely aren't going to stop the steelers.

I'm not sure about the cards though, Eagles have a great defense and if the Eagles and get their run game going I think they have a shot at beating them.

Sidewinder, I take it you went to the Pittsburgh game? Must have been pretty cool, I've never seen a live game before cuz i'm a phili fan.

Eagles destroyed the Cardinals on Thanksgiving (48-20), but I'm expecting a slightly closer game.

I would like to see Pittsburgh get there but the Ravens can surprise you. All PENNSYLVANIA SUPER BOWL. crap, if we could only then move the game to Happy Valley and have Joe Pa do the coin flip.

I'm a Philadelphian (Eagles Green, Phillies Red, Flyers Orange and Black, etc) and I have never been to an Eagles game (I did attend Flyers and Phillies games before.)
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:59 pm

Musclecar, sort of... I went to the tailgate party in Gold lot 3...there was a group of fans who didn't want to pay the $700+ ticket price so we paid $250 a car to park, there was an inflatable big screen (60ft) and projector set up with a "live" satellite feed. Actually, you could hear the crowd and then see what happened a few seconds latter...it was pretty cool. I heard that there was a really big screen provided by Budweiser or maybe their local distributor on the other side but I didn't feel like hiking that far and then finding out there wasn't room to watch. The cops came by and we thought they were going to shut the projector down, but the cop stood there "gathering evidence" for the entire game. Very Happy He told us it wasn't allowed and that we'd have to shut it down...right after the final whistle. Laughing

I grew up with one of the former special teams coaches and probably could have gotten tickets but I hate to ask him to do that too often...now if they make it to the Superbowl I may have to see if he can find an extra ticket or two.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:18 pm

BilboBaggins wrote:
musclecar201 wrote:

Eagles destroyed the Cardinals on Thanksgiving (48-20), but I'm expecting a slightly closer game.

yeah i'm giants fan, yeah my fammily was really annoyed about that, cuz all the games that day were really unfairly matched you'ld think the NFL would set equally rated teams up against eachother...

the lug
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:40 pm

I am also looking for a lot closer of a game as well as its the playoffs! The Ravens are pretty good but I think Joe Flacco as a rookie quarterback will not have the expirence to make it as far. As far as other teams I'm a Jazz fan, Whitesox fan, and Penguins fan, now thats diversity!

That still defintely sounds like a lot of fun Sidewinder. I'm sure the cops were gathering evidence! lol. I'm quite a hated person up here in New England with all the Patriots fans...

I like the way they ar ematched up I thought it was fine. If they setted it up against equally reated teams you might lose first round even though your such a great team.
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:11 pm

It's supposed to be best team vs worst team like NHRA ranking for their drag races. The NFL used to have a rule that teams from the same division could meet before the conference finals. I think you would really be mad if the Giants lost to the Eagles in the Conference Championship.

Giants hate the Eagles, Cowboys and Redskins
Eagles hate the Cowboys, Giants and Redskins
Cowboys hate the Redskins, Eagles and Giants
Redskins hate the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles

I think that makes the NFC East the most Perfect division in football.

But the NFC East hates the Cardinals too, they used to be in the East a few years (OK probably several) ago.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:07 am

BilboBaggins wrote:
It's supposed to be best team vs worst team like NHRA ranking for their drag races. The NFL used to have a rule that teams from the same division could meet before the conference finals. I think you would really be mad if the Giants lost to the Eagles in the Conference Championship.

Giants hate the Eagles, Cowboys and Redskins
Eagles hate the Cowboys, Giants and Redskins
Cowboys hate the Redskins, Eagles and Giants
Redskins hate the Cowboys, Giants and Eagles...

But even without the rivalry, there are still those among us who just plain hate the Cowboys...America's team my giant white shiny *censored*...the only thing decent about them is the cheerleaders. Sport has gone downhill to the point that it is commonplace for entire teams to change cities in search of greater profits. [a US map is shown. Lines are drawn: New York to Oklahoma, Oregon to San Diego to Florida] The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes. The Oilers moved to Tennessee, where there is no oil. The Jazz moved to Salt Lake City, where they don’t allow music. The Oakland Raiders moved to L.A. and then back to Oakland. No one in Los Angeles seemed to notice. The search for greener pastures went on unabated... Continued expansion diluted the talent pool, forcing owners to recruit heavily from prisons, mental institutions, and Texas. (anyone know where that quote came from)?
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:46 pm

Thats what sports is mainly about lately...money not passion. Then you got people who ruin the reps of teams like plaxico and pacman jones. Nope don't know the quote. Look what happened to Nascar...sold themselves out to toyota and now they are japcar and not nascar...not such the great american sport is it.
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:56 pm

nascar didn't sell themselves out to toyota, if anything Toyota made a smart move. Really nascar killed them self once they went away from the national association of stock car auto racing, as the cars are no longer "stock". And now that they have that top 35 in points get to race even if they crash the car in qulifling, to me that has ruined the racing as well. As for the final 10 race thing it is a toss up if it is a good thing or not, but it is nice that there is really 2 points seasons instead of one now.

(if spelling is off that is because I didn't want to run my post through a spell checker). lol
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:55 pm

Bruton Smith was talking ove r 10 years ago about where NASCAR should go and he was saying smaller displacement fuel injected and allowing foreign cars (He was saying BMW, Audi, and I think Honda) in. He felt it would help the sport by having more manufacturers I'm guessing that each with less cars would allow the big 3 to spend less but allow more money into the sport.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:34 am

I just wish they'd remember what the "stock" in stock car racing meant. A nice RWD V8 built from real cars would be killer...since there are no family cars fitting that description anymore maybe a Mustang, Challenger, Camaro field, with stock floorpans and shells. It would be way cool to watch, and with a little tweaking they could be running as fast as the generic cars NASCAR runs now.
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:34 pm

Yea it is no longer stock. Its just not real anymore more like supercars. But I know many many people who have sotpped watching nascar because of the whole toyota thing c ome into it.
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:45 pm

Toyota's are made in the USA
Ford's and Dodges are made in Canada
Chevy is made in Mexico.
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:51 pm

BilboBaggins wrote:
Toyota's are made in the USA
Ford's and Dodges are made in Canada
Chevy is made in Mexico.

Actually at the auto show they listed what cars were made where most of toyotas cars were 75% made in japan and assembled in america. Chevy is still about 90% american and they use the electronics from mexico. Fords and dodges had about 90% made in america and some of the stuff was made in canada. I wish I took a pic of a couple of the stickers.
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:15 pm

A few years back I had to replace the brake light on my Harley...when I opened the housing there was a nice big sticker that said made in China. I went with a friend to pick up his nw Honda Goldwing right after that, it had just come from the plant in Marrysville Ohio. Although, I think the moved the bike production somewhere else now...I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:33 pm

Truthfully I don't know who owns anybody anymore or where anythings made cause many makers say things are made in different places and stuff. A while back there was a thing that showed who owned who and I couldnt follow it.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:00 pm

i like the new york giants

the lug
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:06 pm

rclugnut wrote:

the lug

To bad they couldn't beat the E-A-G-L-E-S when it counted. Very Happy

Philly is trying to do the same path to the ultimate goal as the Giants did last year.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:10 pm

BilboBaggins wrote:
rclugnut wrote:

the lug

To bad they couldn't beat the E-A-G-L-E-S when it counted. Very Happy

Philly is trying to do the same path to the ultimate goal as the Giants did last year.

yeah but both teams weren't playing at thier best and the giants were playing worse than the eagles, for sure, tho last years superbowl was pretty sweet of a game i must say, that and the last regular season game giants VS new england that was another great game even tho the giants lost.. it was still a great game...

the lug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NFL Playoffs! Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Playoffs!   NFL Playoffs! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

NFL Playoffs!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rc Addicts :: Site Chat-
Jump to: