Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xmods Alloy Knuckle Dimensions...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Xmods Alloy Knuckle Dimensions... Empty
PostSubject: Xmods Alloy Knuckle Dimensions...   Xmods Alloy Knuckle Dimensions... Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:39 pm

Hi All,

I have a set of front alloy knuckles. I can't recall who made them but they are NOT GPM's. They're the kind that have the screw on bearing cover. Anyway, dimension wise they seem to slightly increase the offset of my wheels to the point that they rub against the front fender walls on both my 350Z body and my newer 65 mustang body. If I use the stock knuckles no problem. With these alloys also, I have to use the 3 degree tie-rod arm or I get noticeable toe-out too.

Anyway, my question is...has anyone noticed this with the GPM Evo knuckles? My hope is that they are more true to the stock knuckle dimensions.

BTW - this is an EVO chassis I'm working with here...

Thanks for any comments!

Mark

Last edited by MarkM on Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fieldfairy2
Rc enthusiest
fieldfairy2

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Xmods Alloy Knuckle Dimensions...   Xmods Alloy Knuckle Dimensions... Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:41 pm

I believe you have the hot racing knuckles? GPM's should work fine. I only have gpm front/rear lower arms and cvds all around(dogbone and axle stub combo) All are from GPM and work great i think the knuckles would as well.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Xmods Alloy Knuckle Dimensions...   Xmods Alloy Knuckle Dimensions... Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:45 pm

Thanks FF2! I think I will give the GPM's a try - I would like alloy knuckles for the durability but I don't want to have to open the fender radius up and ruin the stock appearence of my mustang body ;-)

Mark
Back to top Go down
fieldfairy2
Rc enthusiest
fieldfairy2

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Xmods Alloy Knuckle Dimensions...   Xmods Alloy Knuckle Dimensions... Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:27 pm

Your welcome. I know what you mean. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xmods Alloy Knuckle Dimensions...   Xmods Alloy Knuckle Dimensions... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Xmods Alloy Knuckle Dimensions...
Page 1 of 1