Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

randomness

Go down 
+8
musclecar201
evil3
Reyzo14
brushlessmicrodude
sidewinder
Shaun
sk8r
rclugnut
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

randomness - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:38 am

Actually you could...Oh, I'd better not. Yep, a awd Toyota...nothing to see here. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

Male Number of posts : 422
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:58 am

I am with sidewinder, as I am know you can get it to slide. Of course unlike him I have 0 racing exp. in a full size car (I wish I could drive a real race car, but it is what it is).

MTM, that is no fair and that paper would be a walk in the park for me. Of course I don't know how many sources I would have as a lot of it is in my head on what it is kinda like. lol
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

Male Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:36 am

MTM how is the paper coming? study

As for your comment sidewinder.... yeah it slides, tried it today... it slides pretty good! (but dont tell my mommy) Razz you have to rev it up pretty high in first to keep it sliding and I don't wanna overheat the ECM for the transmission, its already happened once from me actually trying to get some power out of it. The rice burner "supposedly" red lines at around 6 to 6 1/2 grand...but shifts at about 3. I had it WOT at 5 grand, and apparently the friction from its little weenie thing they like to call a clutch burnt the ECM out. Lol I love four bangers! I like driving my dads truck better as with that yu can safely merge on a highway without nearly getting ran over due to poor acceleration. This is exactly the reason why I want a car with these main features:
1) American!
2) no less than 6 cylinders (id prefer Cool
3)manual transmission
...theres a reason why I learned how to drive a stickshift....
end rant tongue

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:40 pm

I can agree with 2 and 3, if it is an american car. 3 is more for fun, but 2 is an issue for american cars.

Here is why a nissan GT-R is only a 6 cyl car, but it makes over 400 HP. Also some of the Jap cars might be lacking in power, but some of them can get up and move when they have 200 HP out of a 4 banger (most 6 cyl struggle to make that much power).

Of course I am only talking of the better 4 bangers made by nissan or mitsubishi. Others like honda or toyota lack in power, and suburu only has the wrx. It's not like I am saying they are all good, as some of them have no power at all.

But yeah the american cars are nice, but some of the jap cars are years ahead of the current american cars. Also the jap cars will out last american cars.

About the only way the american cars are better is they are bigger witch equalls more room in the car, and in the trunk.

Also on a side note I once drove a dodge shadow, and that thing was slow on the acc, but I still drove it just fine on the bypasses and interstates (of course I wasn't scared to jump into traffic, so for me it was quite fun). That might be why I don't mind the lower powered car, plus they use less gas, witch to me is nice with all of the driving I do. lol
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:55 pm

I dunno, I'm just fed up with toyota lately... Neutral I just like american cars because they support our country, not to mention the heritage behind them. The Chevy suburban just hit it's 75th anniversary. That truck is a legacy for the best, greatest performing, and one of the safest 4 child family trucks. The nissan minivan; nothin, they just drew it up and made it.... no heritage no nothing. And the reason that a 6 doesn't make so much hp is because it doesn't need it! A six cylinder mustang has a block that is 23 years old, and it will still outrun most jap cars. The mustang is also twice as heavy and has way more torque. People get annoyed by me for this but I am and always will be a die hard Ford fan and a hard core american fan. The only car I will buy jap is the RT5 cuz kyosho just rocks. Very Happy

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:32 pm

I know most jap car will get out ran, but I was talking more of the sports cars that use 4 cyl.

Ford = Found On Road Dead. lol Don't worry, as I like the ford trucks. Their cars are ok, but but car wise I am more of a GM or Jap car fan.

As for toyota, they have always been more of a town car (i.e. something to drive to the store, and back home) so they don't need power. But lately they have really gone down hill in the past few months.
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:04 pm

I know, the resale value of my moms went from $9500 to $8000 on kelly blue book. I'm guessing its from the millions of recalled vehicles... Rolling Eyes They might recall more for faulty steering columns too now. I'm not sure what the heck is going on over there. Im watching the NHRA full throttle series from this morning and someones supercharge blew up. its amazing how much force literally every part in those nitro engines takes. Nithing like getting a solid 6-8 runs out of a crankshaft! Razz

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:15 pm

Yeah those engine really go though a lot of pressues. Of course if a normal engine wasn't restricted so much they could make more power.

Also don't forget that they normaly rebulid those engines after every run (or at lease they take them apart and put them back together after each run.

And to think toyota was once the leaders in hybrid cars, now at the rate they are going who is going to want to buy one when every one of their cars has issues.
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:49 pm

I know, I actually saw a commercial today from Toyota and this is what they said "Toyota- Moving forward to regain your trust." It made me chuckle.

As for the engines, they only rebuild pro stock, funny car, and the long cars after every race. And they replace the clutch after every run and crank, valves, pistons etc. after every 6-10 runs. I want to drive one of those one day. lol theres nothing like 7,000 horsepower!

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:04 pm

Post 1001 geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

Male Number of posts : 481
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Quote :
But yeah the american cars are nice, but some of the jap cars are years ahead of the current american cars. Also the jap cars will out last american cars.

About the only way the american cars are better is they are bigger witch equalls more room in the car, and in the trunk.

I hear this all the time and I always get a good laugh, now let me get my few cents. How are they years ahead of American cars, because they have a bunch of dumb electronics and within 10 years all theya re going to be is a ball of wires cause nobody knows how to properly repair then except for stealers (dealers). Seriously who needs satellite radio, GPS, Alarams,and a hundred other different sensors and gadgets. I love the line when people say that American cars don't last, EVERY car will last if you take care of it. Here's some examples, my 87 Camaro with 112,XXX miles, no major replacements, starts up everytime, only electrical problem due to previous owner. My grandfathers 97 Ranger, 313,XXX, original engine and tranny, only maitnence. All of my family drivers American cars and we have had no major problems with them. My nieghbor has a 96 jeep wrangler with 212,000 miles and still going strong.

Now my side, my aunt had a 1999 subaru outback and the thing was just plain garbage, bent control arm, brake problems, infamous subaru valve noise (the tick) problem. My grandparents just bought an 09 Hyundai Sonata and this thing was the biggest piece of crap I've seen! Endless miles of cheap plastic, the car creaks like crazy in the interior, far from quiet, improperly installed subwoofer, wavy glass, the quality is just plain garbage. My cousings both have 06 Corollas that had some sensor go this year and the replacement was in the 600-800 dollar range.

Basically this new technology sucks, you get a better running car but at a high cost to repair. And whats with the plastic covers on the engines lately, IMO it looks cheap.

Basically I support American cause the way we are going shipping out jobs to foreign countries we may not have jobs.
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:23 pm

Second that! My dads tahoe has 150,xxx and its still fine. On the other hand my mom's toyota with 84,xxx just had a melted VVTI, now I never understood VVTI's, you shouldn't need to change the timing of an engine if it's made properly.... I gues me and MC201 are just a little anti Jap crap.

....post 1003... afro

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:24 pm

well i meant to do the fro smiley... but didn't quite think that through....

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:47 am

muscle don't take offence to this.

Subaru's are lower level cars if you ask me. Wink

Also an american car will rust out long before any toyota or nissan. I'm not making that up, and even people that have been wrenching in the feild for years (you could even say decades if you wanted) have said the same thing.

When I say last longer I am talking about over all, not hey I replaced parts to keep my car running.

Really making a point saying that any car will last if you "take care of" is true, but that isn't taking into how long did the car run before you needed to replace somthing?

There is more to it then just taking care of the car, although that is a major factor in how long a car will last. However if the same person were to take care of 2 cars witch one would last longer.

I wish I was making that up, but american cars right now just are not up to what the jap or even germen cars are able to do. I'm not reffering to what ele system they have, as that isn't a big deal (after all I like having full controll over the car, but at times I am glad my car has abs).

So what you are saying is that my cam positon sensor that doesn't work, but you are saying that it isn't an issue. But the fact is, it is a poor design, and is pointless to fix. Sure the car runs fine, but a poor design is a poor design. Another example is the 2001 ford taurus, the way they made made the rear end, the springs tend to break (I have even seen a car that had the springs break), and that isn't something that tells me the car will last.

As for new technology it doesn't suck like you think, it only sucks as it way too much money to fix somthing. I don't care if it is american or imported (might I add that some imported cars are made in the usa), or even that new x-box or playstaion if it is new you are going to pay for it. That is the way is has always been, so get use to (I wish it wasn't that way, but they can get away with it when there is only 1 or 2 people that make said item).

I agree that new technology does suck, as that is more that can go wrong.
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:50 am

Ok no debate this post, but I had to wipe out my computer, and then when I got everything up and going I forgot that I had a differnt graphics car in it, and it took me a while to remmeber that I still needed to install it (it was like I was high or what not). lol
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:46 pm

I agree with u that subarus are lower level cars, not a fan.

The problem is with this is that we can't argue it cause a lot of it is opinion and cars vary widely in durability depending on the climate you live in, and many different magazines and those awards and reviews are always going to be biased. I would never use any of the technology in cars today so I would have to buy the most stripped vehicle they have at the lot. But sure some Japanese cars are made in the USA but the main profits still go back to Japan, it does help some but it still goes back to Japan.

I guess it just comes down to how you brought up and your morals. If you wanna support America buy an American car, if you want to save some money buy a japanese car. After all just like they used to say, "Whats good for GM is good for the US."
Back to top Go down
evil3
I feel dizzy
evil3

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:32 am

I know what you mean as there is a lot to factor in when it comes down to it, but I will still say that a Jap (the good ones, whitch I was reffering to in the first place) will out last an american car if it was in the same place with the same driver being driven at the same time.

I am 50-50 on new technology in cars, as some of the systems arn't new, but just better now. With that in mind it makes going for the relaxed drive easy, as the car will do things for you. However I don't like it as if somthing fails it could cause issues while driving. Although there is some things on a car that just are not needed like the sensors in your wheels that tell you how much air is in them. They are by far the most pointless thing on a car, and who do we have to thank for them, who else our own government.

Don't get me wrong but I like the "american" cars (how many of them are still made in the USA, and how many parts are madeoutside of the USA?), but I just can't stand the way some of them look as they are just plain (of course that might be because I see them on the road every day). So that is another reason I like the Jap cars a little more, although I wish they were just a tic bigger as if I were to drive one it might be hard to go to and from the rc track (I currently drive a '97 mercury sable (sp?) that has 188K on it right now and I like it as gas milage isn't bad and there is a ton of trunk space)
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:05 am

Ah whatever. I'm done with the car rant. Let's have a change of subject, shall we? What's your favorite TV show?

mine is definately Family Guy and South Park is a close second.

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
musclecar201
Rc Master
musclecar201

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:17 pm

I pretty much watch anything on discovery, spike, and sports. My favorite tv show would have to be dirty jobs or mythbusters.

BTW its been raining here for the past 6 days and it isnt going to stop till Monday, I think i'm going to go insane. bounce
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Wow that sucks! I love dirty jobs too, anything Mike Rowe does is pretty much awesome. I like the science channel and military channel too.

Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:39 pm

dads buick redevous (got a great deal of his parents) front bearings both went after 60k engine seals went not long after, at 120k engine seals again, and i know we had more problems but yeah i'm gunna avoid GM, ford imo is good, toyota i wouldn't buy one for a bit but, i think they're still a good company, and honda is good, hunday (<- butchered) is qualtiy as well i may end up in one of them

ohh were on tv shows now you can see i read everything :p uhh scrubs, hereo's, smallville, uhhh yeahhh those are all good

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:56 am

Fords have been good to me over the years, if I counted right I've owned 15 different Ford/Lincoln/Mercury cars and trucks, and I've never had anything go really bad until they were super high milage (and neglected because I was sick of them by then).

I had a Toyota Supra that I loved, and I have friends now that have 'yotas. They make a great car, always have. So what happened? Think about it, the governent took over GM and Chyrsler and all of a sudden the number one auto seller in the country is being pressured into recalling their products--costing them money and making people think they were building junk. Any guesses as to why that happened?

I know a couple of you like to read, do yourselves a giant favor. Get a copy of Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged--it's really long, and you'll notice that her characters don't talk like any human in history other than maybe Ayn Rand-- but it will show you what's happening around you now. If you want any kind of future read this book, and try to get your friends to read it. Seriously, I think we are all in trouble, but it will you young guys who end up being hit the hardest.

/rant
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:38 am

yay for failz

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:49 pm

i must double post the awsome ness

http://xkcd.com/556/

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 30 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

randomness
Page 30 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rc Addicts :: Site Chat-
Jump to: