Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.

Go down 
+5
Reyzo14
Micro-T Master
sidewinder
brushlessmicrodude
BilboBaggins
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

Male Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:18 am

Be proud of the paint scheme. Bright schemes are good for your fan to find on the track. cheers (I'm Sorry I just had to type it that way)

Remember Dale Earnhardt didn't always drive the Black #3. His first race car was painted in a color that looked like PINK to the other drivers (I think he claimed it was Mauve.) His Wrangler scheme was a fairly bright yellow and blue.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

Male Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:02 pm

I personally like the paint, but i'd have to see a close up to really rate it LOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcaddictz.com
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

Male Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:20 pm

I'd drive that car anyday lol!
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:35 pm

I would like the propulse buggy if it was like $25
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:33 pm

I'd sell you one shipped for $100.00 USD. But then you would be bragging about it but not take any pictures. Laughing
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:53 pm

Micro-T Master wrote:
I personally like the paint, but i'd have to see a close up to really rate it LOL!

Thanks guys. I'll have to see if I can find any close-ups of that car. I really wasn't kidding when I said I shun photos. The last time I had someone take a picture of the car at my request I got into an accident at Sharon Speedway and I was burned badly and the other dirver (Todd Nicholes) was crippled, so I know it doesn't make sense but I have always thought about that whenever I see someone taking pictures.

That being said I do have a buddy who has some pictures of me over the years so he should have a few of that car. I'll ask him this weekend at the Indy Car weekend at Mid Ohio (just watching...crap it).
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:05 pm

sidewinder wrote:
Thanks guys. I'll have to see if I can find any close-ups of that car. I really wasn't kidding when I said I shun photos. The last time I had someone take a picture of the car at my request I got into an accident at Sharon Speedway and I was burned badly and the other dirver (Todd Nicholes) was crippled, so I know it doesn't make sense but I have always thought about that whenever I see someone taking pictures.

That being said I do have a buddy who has some pictures of me over the years so he should have a few of that car. I'll ask him this weekend at the Indy Car weekend at Mid Ohio (just watching...crap it).

I'm guessing you didn't have it printed onto a T-Shirt for the Souvenir Stand. I know the dirt track guys rely on souvenir sales to stay afloat.

So buddy, where's my T-Shirt. Laughing bounce cheers What a Face Suspect Razz Embarassed Mad scratch elephant lol! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:57 am

BilboBaggins wrote:
sidewinder wrote:

I'm guessing you didn't have it printed onto a T-Shirt for the Souvenir Stand. I know the dirt track guys rely on souvenir sales to stay afloat.

So buddy, where's my T-Shirt. Laughing bounce cheers What a Face Suspect Razz Embarassed Mad scratch elephant lol! Rolling Eyes

Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 OfficialTshirt1 Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes This was a preview image but it was remarkably close to the printed verson...just no wrinkles in the image. Laughing

Here's one pic from 2003:
Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Dlm-1
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:35 am

I like the colors, easy to spot on the track.

Was that painted or vinyl wrapped? I'd hate to have to paint it since I seen a few cars after a race that aren't dented up.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:16 pm

i like it Twisted Evil It wold be even better if the magenta (or pink Rolling Eyes ) were yellow, but other than that, its killer! And i would were that T-shirt anyday Wink
Back to top Go down
Reyzo14
RC Pro
Reyzo14

Male Number of posts : 316
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:33 pm

That's a good design, attractive and flashy! Cool

-Schwenzo
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:35 pm

Seriously you should make those and sell them
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:42 pm

They did, i dont know if they still do, cause it was what 9-10 years ago...?
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:43 pm

I was only like 3 then
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:51 pm

brushlessmicrodude wrote:

He does, he has too. He's a grass roots racer, he has to sell souvenirs so he can get to the next race. Fuel, Tires, Chassis, Bodywork, Crew, Engines, Shocks, Steering Wheel, HANS Device are not cheap. The HANS (Head and Neck restraint System) is over $800.00. Helmets $300.00, Fire Suit Cheap $500.00 good closer to $2000.00.

I'm not sure his sanctioning body rules are but in NHRA if you are in a fire you have to retire the suit. In most forms of racing if you are in an accident and the helmet takes a hit you have to replace it. Heck, that sounds like weekly at some tracks. Shocked

Why do you think it's so hard to get to NASCAR or IRL and even worse Formula 1, you need to have personal sponsors float the bill an in some cases pay the car owner for your ride. Sure when you become Jeff Gorden, Michael Schumacher or Tony Stewart you can write your ticket (owners offering the sky) but if you are an up and comer in ARCA or lower you better have a way to bring in the funds to the team.

Dario Francitti is sitting out right now because even though he's a Indy 500 and IRL champ his team was just learning in NASCAR Sprint Cup and couldn't get the $$$ from the sponsors to keep racing.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL RACERS. Buy the souvenirs. cheers
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:52 pm

Cool why did you right so much stuff by the way im going to the races next weekend
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:55 pm

I do every time im at the track! Wink
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:56 pm

Me too most of the time and by the way guys like my avatar
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:02 pm

Cool why did you right so much stuff by the way im going to the races next weekend

Because it's better to write out a longer post containing multiple answers and references than just one single line of un-punctuated sentences and mis-spelled words that just increases posts counts.

I try and refer to multiple posts at once instead of having 2-3 back to back for no reason other than maybe increasing post counts, like some of the 13-15 year olds do. Smile

That post was intended for people who don't know about the costs that the grass-roots racers have to shell out to entertain the fans week in and week out.
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:04 pm

Quote :
I try and refer to multiple posts at once instead of having 2-3 back to back for no reason other than maybe increasing post counts, like some of the 13-15 year olds do.
And you do a great job at it bilbo!
I think we should all try to be more like you LOL!
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:07 pm

BilboBaggins wrote:

He does, he has too. He's a grass roots racer, he has to sell souvenirs so he can get to the next race. Fuel, Tires, Chassis, Bodywork, Crew, Engines, Shocks, Steering Wheel, HANS Device are not cheap. The HANS (Head and Neck restraint System) is over $800.00. Helmets $300.00, Fire Suit Cheap $500.00 good closer to $2000.00.

I'm not sure his sanctioning body rules are but in NHRA if you are in a fire you have to retire the suit. In most forms of racing if you are in an accident and the helmet takes a hit you have to replace it. Heck, that sounds like weekly at some tracks. Shocked

Why do you think it's so hard to get to NASCAR or IRL and even worse Formula 1, you need to have personal sponsors float the bill an in some cases pay the car owner for your ride. Sure when you become Jeff Gorden, Michael Schumacher or Tony Stewart you can write your ticket (owners offering the sky) but if you are an up and comer in ARCA or lower you better have a way to bring in the funds to the team.

Dario Francitti is sitting out right now because even though he's a Indy 500 and IRL champ his team was just learning in NASCAR Sprint Cup and couldn't get the $$$ from the sponsors to keep racing.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL RACERS. Buy the souvenirs. cheers

Yeah, it can get expensive...my firesuite was about $1200, I don't like the hans device so I went for the Hutchens wich was about a grand even. The fuel cost is about 160-180 a race, we used to run a new set of rear tires every weekend (2-3 races) at $300+ a pair... fronts were replaced every other week or so. So to break even, running 2 races a week we needed to make around $1300. And its getting worse. The expenses keep going up but the track are paying less in some cases. When I started in the 1980s tracks payed around $1000 to win... in 2008 one track I go to pays $850 the other $1200. Its not cheap.

I had a good friend who followed the WoO LM series in this half of the country. His budget was something like $650,000 for 1/2 a season... but then he's sponsored by an oil company Laughing I have another friend (well, we grew up racing together...but maybe not 'freind') who races sprints on the WoO circuit, I think last I talked to him Jack said his budget is around 3mill a year but then he had comapnies like Pennzoil and other big names behind him. I had a Tiki Bar and a Nightclub... If I go racing next year I hope to have one of the Biggest car dealers in the nation backing me but nothing's set in stone.
Back to top Go down
BilboBaggins
RC Addict Staff
BilboBaggins

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:35 pm

Hope you get the deal signed, maybe you won't have to squeeze Lincoln as hard next year. i can hear the screams at work two states away. lol!

For the average budgets to race an entire season.
WoO Sprints - $3,000,000-4,000,000
IRL - $5,000,000
NASCAR Truck - $4,000,000-7,000,000
NASCAR Nationwide (formerly Busch) - $7,000,000-10,000,000
NASCAR Sprint Cup - $15,000,000 (Robby Gordon and Yates)-35,000,000 (Hendricks)
Formula 1 - $200,000,000 (Torro Rossi)-600,000,000 (Toyota, yes they spend more than Ferrari's half billion)

Give me one years budget from Sprint Cup and I would be setting up the largest discount hobby chain.

Give me Toyota's F1 budget and I'd have the hobby chain and 3 vehicles in each NASCAR truck and Nationwide series. Cool
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:12 pm

wow thats a lot of green

the lug
Back to top Go down
Micro-T Master
Admin
Micro-T Master

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:23 pm

Holly crap thats alot of mony, i knew it was expensive, but not that much!
Back to top Go down
Shaun
RC Addict Staff
Shaun

Male Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:24 pm

Don't you love F1 racing? Just the fact that teams spend nearly 2 million dollars to tune a car. I love Nascar, NHRA, IHRA, F1, and all other forms of racing. But Dirt racing will always be my favorite. As for supporting the local racers, you don't want to see my closet, its packed full of shirts.

It cost money to go fast, heck I just race bracket on Fridays and 12.00 second class on Tuesday nights, and I spend anywhere from $80-100 a week. I run the series races 2-3 times a year when they come around. I know guys that run the series year round, and even with sponsors like "Eagle Distributing" "Koford" and many other top end names, they still spend around $200-$250 in a weekend. And these are just 1:24th scale slot cars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.okrcrc.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.   Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole. - Page 4 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Pro-Pulse PRO-T100 from the Hobbit Hole.
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next