Rc Addicts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rc Addicts

A place for RC Addicts to sit back and discuss their hobby!

PortalHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

randomness

Go down 
+8
musclecar201
evil3
Reyzo14
brushlessmicrodude
sidewinder
Shaun
sk8r
rclugnut
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
bar321
RC Pro

Number of posts : 217
Registration date : 2008-11-29

randomness - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:40 pm

.....me+dew+3am+one of those gift car credit card things+ebay=my new m18t pro roller......it was only 78$ shipped and cf chassis is soooo cool http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120444461186
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

Number of posts : 885
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:12 pm

Looks good Bar, but why were you on ebay at 3am? Laughing

BTW, could someone explain to me why Twitter is a big site? I joined to see what it was, so far I've posted one tweet "I like fish" becuase I thought it was funny, but really why do I care if a friend is watching a movie or going to the bathroom? I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rinohunter.com
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

Male Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:37 pm

ikr

3 am i was asleep tho at 12 i was listening to back door slam at higher ground it was sweeeetttt these guys are insane, the guitarist davy knowles is insane and he's only 22 and can SING, but he plays way better, and the really cool thing is the other members can keep up with in, like the basist can keep right up, as can the drummer its pretty sweet

here's a cool vid i did on friday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEpwq7vaFHo

the lug
Back to top Go down
brushlessmicrodude
Rc Master

Male Number of posts : 802
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:37 pm

Nice skateboard im loving it *snip* lolz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:37 pm

God my internets annoing me totally mia >.< so stuck on my phone luckly i use my phone for aim so much ik its keyboard better then my comps lol and i was on ebay at 3 cuz i has the sleep pattern of a bat
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:50 am

YAAAAAAAAAAAA just got a email sayin my m18t shipped should be here leter this week :-D and only need like 90$ till i can order a micro sw i got plans for this truck and tossed slash tires on mini revo geared down and cut the windshelid part of the bed and the hood scoop out to help with cooling but then gonna order rpm arms when they come out stiffer springs ecct ect so ....im board
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:14 pm

cool cool

i figured out how to counter act the annoying sore burnt fingers after you boil your tires, get them coated in CA glueing tires back onto the rims,
i had a set of bald tires on some good rims and my badlands burnt out a hub so.. i swapped rims...

the lug
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2009-05-08

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:56 pm

I just converted my Traxxas buggy over to a Velineon system - my first BL setup.

WOW!

I finished the conversion around dusk this evening; I don't recommend taking your first maiden BL run at dusk but no buggies were harmed during this run LOL

I guess the next thing is that I'll be selling blood and hanging out on street corners for a LiPo pack ;-)

Mark
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:09 am

Makes a bit of a difference huh? Very Happy

What are you going to use the old electronics in? Seems like a good excuse for a project.
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:33 am

Ya the jump to bl is big my mini revo was my first bl and i ansold on bl deff worth the cash but tossed my slashs tire on mini revo and wow came out great ran a few packs threw it deff needs a center diff it pulls the front up so easly also am getting alot of play with the pivot balls and steering and tolinks so cant wait for ppl like gh to come out with alum parts and on other note anyone seen brüno?seams like it would be hilirus deff racist and waaaaay un-poiticaly corect but most good humor is lol and i thinks im gonna go see new harry pooter on wed with fam and sis bf >.< and sis moving out in a few weeks Very Happy and wow some how have typed over 656 letters (my phone counts letter) but i rly dont get twitter ether i dont even have a myspace yet lol but i has to clean my room :'( and even more :'( is i cant have my m18t till its clean and im cut off of dew till its clean :'( :'( :'( :'( i is having dew rithdrawl and cut coolingg holes in slash and mini revo bodys even with slash tires now mini revo is running ike 150-160 temps is all on esc batt and motor so cant wait to go 12 cells but also watchin alot of james bond movies cuz slueth chanlle is haveing a big 'many faces of bond' marathon and thats all imma type now cuz im at 1260 letters
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:30 am

It must count spaces bar, I have edited enough stuff that I thought 'that doesn't look like almost 1300 characters' so I decided to check it Laughing (yes, I'm that bored) and it's 999 characters long... If I was really, really bored I'd count the spaces and I'd be willing to bet that's where the difference is.

randomness - Page 18 Barspost

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:48 am

Yeah, the BL experience is a real eye-opener. Like I mentioned, I didn't get much run-time on it but I managed a few laps on my track. The really cool thing now is that the it's not full on - full off driving. I actually have to feather the throttle to keep the buggy from "unplanned track exits".

Actually, I was thinking of sticking the XL-5 system along with a Traxxas RX and Titan motor in the Bolink!

The original speed controller that came with it has Thomas Edison's signature on it - the switching freq. is too low and it growls at low speed, anyway I thought it would be a worthy update.

I just finally got around to trimming my Nissan body for that by the way, I hope to finally wrap that whole project up in the next couple of weeks - but don't hold your breath ;-)

Mark
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:19 pm

lol 1 sentence but im on my phone and brüno is not speeled wrong and my m18t came today Very Happy annoing part is that servo i was gonna use is to smallso need new one
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:22 pm

aye BL is a REAL kick in the pants, wait till you go lipo, on quality 6 cells bl has some power no dought about it, but its good useable power that you can control yeah its not hard to flip it on its lid but with lipo's its hard to keep it off its lid, it takes me about 3 -4 seconds depending on pack voltage power to get to WOT from a stand still, of else its on its roof in a second,

i'm using this lipo
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8578
however its back stocked and i've heard these guys take a while to get stuff back in stock this pack is of similar specs tho for $10 less that they have them in stock
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9172

it took about 2 weeks to get it, while my box was kinda beat up, the batt was well protected, and my mom got a call from the credit card company the next day but she also got one about tower, so idk what to make of that, i haven't heard of anyone getting screwed outta $$ or whatever, so i'd say go for it

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/lithium_polymer_battery_configuration.asp

those are the ones i'd use in a 1/10 they are 2s you can get 3s if you'd like but honestly if you're blow away by just BL get a 2s you wont be dissapointed,

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:22 pm

I was just looking at their site, I was thinking about getting one of these for those 70mph burst since we now have a giant abandoned Walmart parking lot within driving distance.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:12 pm

Thanks for the links, lug! Sooner or later I suppose I'm gonna want to try the LiPo power but for now my 6 cell sticks are working for me. My track is really hard pack and dust now and it's a challenge to keep the Bandit pointed in a straight line LOL!

I really have only one straight section where I can grab a handful of throttle and even then I just get alot of dust and not much more speed than with the brushed motor. When it does hook-up...I find myself taking the walk of shame to pull the buggy out of the tall grass because the next corner is a 90....sometimes though, making the 90 and popping the trigger results in some magnificent power slides.

Running brushless toys after work is good "therapy" ;-)

If I ever buy another Traxxas product new - it will be the brushless model because the cost to upgrade makes one grimace when you sit down and do the math - live and burn ;-)

Hey SW - that actually looks like a pretty good deal! I'd be interested to know how it works out if you order one!
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:37 am

Well so far m18t needs alot of work so far have torn down all shocks right rear was fine left rear the lower e-clip fell off and lodged itself tween the piston and the body as a bit of a pita to get off but got it fixxed and filled rears with 40wt oil fronts got replaced with pro pulse threaded shcoks and 30wt oil . next prob...the drive shaft was to short cuz when the dude went to a cf chassis from the pro he dident change the shaft and the pro chassis is 16mm longer then stock so the shaft is 16mm to short >.<. ummmm o ya and front batt hold down hits the stearing so it lcks it up when running a 6 cell sxs so need to get some alum and make one that snakes around the stearing ....for being the most pita truck ive gotten its my fav atm just cuz it gives me a reson to dig deeper then norm would with a rtr u just plug and play when u get sumthin used u gell the need to make sure its all working butmain need right now is a new servo and center shaft gonna order them off the toyz soon (only plce i can find that has xray parts.)
Back to top Go down
bar321
RC Pro

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:58 pm

O ya and ended up seeing harry potter....as they would say 'bloody alful' its like they filemd 3 movies and spliced them togeter the movie starts like its 30min in and ends like theres alot more after it
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:52 pm

I kind of liked it, but then I've never read the books so I have no idea of how far off it was...my friend Nick who's read all of the books was a little annoyed with it. I love the way they treated the annoying blond girl, and when Hermainy (Hermene? however it's spelled) was crying I almost chocked to death laughing...I may have been the only one in the theater laughing, but I really didn't care.

If you get the chance Ice Age was great, but see it in 3D if you can. I've seen it three times now and still loved it...even with Queen Latifa in it. Oh yeah, and btw, Year One was good even with Jack Black, which is unusual.

Mark, it will be a while on the lipo...just got back from the doctor and I have to have a bunch of test that are going to cost a small fortune...and the thing that kills me is he kept saying "don't worry, it's nothing important even if it is what I think, but we need to take care of it." Really? so I have to spend a ton of money to cure a minor problem? That really sucks, I guess the moral is don't lose your health care coverage.
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:02 pm

meh not really, they trimmed down some parts in the beginning, my only quibbles with it, are the scene with the field at X-mass, and all the wasted imo time running thru grass, the end conversation was pretty random, and while they didn't need to draw out the finail battle, the should've at least fought there way down from the tower, that and the last conversation needed more words and less randomness Wink imo they did a really good job on it, one of the best yet imo, way better than i expected
imo considering all the stuff that happened in the books, they did a pretty good job,

ice age was pretty good, better than expected as well they did a good job with the 3D

i think its spelled hermionie maybe... idk i haven't read them in a LONG time, a few years and i only got thru 1-5, and started on the 6th, tho i've listened to them all on tape...

about the annoying blond girl, her name is uhh crap forgetting it again, got it lavender brown,
edit, idk whats so funny about heartbreak, but hey each to their own, not trying to victemize you, i understand your thoughts and yes i'll agree that they could've done a better job with telling ppl who hadn't read the books stuff like hermiony liking ron...

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:50 pm

yeah uhh about those links i got another for ya
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8940417/tm.htm

yes the guys on there get into arguments alot you get used to it after a while, you can jsut skim most off it, cuz its almost a flame war, those are the $20 ones...

so if you're gunna be waiting i'd get the zippy flight max's i got mine cuz they were in stock

the lug
Back to top Go down
sidewinder
RC Addict Staff
sidewinder

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:34 pm

Oh Lug, you'll realize the humor in heartbreak sometime in life...sadly. It wouldn't be funny if it had been real, but she was such a caricature of real life that is was fun.
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Rc enthusiest
MarkM

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:21 pm

Boy - they sure gave that kid a lot of grief! Only one person mentioned the fact that the ESC may be at fault.

So what's the skinny on the low voltage dection function on the Traxxas BL esc? Does it work or is it "wonky" as someone put it?

Not wanting to start a flame war here, just looking for opinions based on people using them.

Has anyone here had NiMH pack burst????
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:44 pm

yeah they gave him heck, that happends a lot on RCU sadly, people get so narrow minded and abusive and opinionated, they need to be more open, but merg,

idk what the deal is with the VXL and LVC, i'd give traxxas a ring, as i rember it, the guy said it'll go into training mode as opposed to shutting down, tho i'll say this on my SW, you could feel a noticeable power drop when the pack was nearing the end, mine peaks at about 8.3V or so, no real data on it yet, and i could feel the loss of power and such at around 7.2V per my charger so probally a little lower under load, so honestly once you feel your power starting to drop off pretty quick at that point i just stop running you'll notice it, so imo lvc is just an extra safe gaurd,

i've never had a NI pack go, but honestly it would'nt surprise me to that they do have the results that ppl said, they have a LOT of power stored in them, think about it, you only like .75A to kill a person, i think it needs a bit more voltage but i'm not about to go lick my lipo leads or EP's for that matter

the lug
Back to top Go down
rclugnut
Rc Master
rclugnut

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:39 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixwsxYEW4hg

idk i allready posted this here but here it is again

the lug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: randomness   randomness - Page 18 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

randomness
Page 18 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rc Addicts :: Site Chat-